• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Morning Musume Girl Group to Perform at Anime Expo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
There's a difference between A 32 year old guy who likes the same group as a 16 year old girl...

Well, as I mentioned, classic bands, like say Metallica, 32-yr-old guys and 16-yr-old girls seem OK. A band of a buncha adolescents though, older fans just chaperone and stay in the background. Laughing

zanarkand princess wrote:

... and a 32 year old wota who like the same group as a 16 year old girl. You may not want to um..par-tay? with the 32 year old guy but as a 16 year old girl you don't want to stand next to the wota. This is because being a wota is sometimes (maybe often) equivalent to being that anime fan who wanted to marry his favorite character. They want to know everything from the girls measurements to what she wrote in her diary last night. God forbid you find out she's been on a date. Then (in morning musume's case) she may be punished by the company or sometimes bullied by the fans. I seem to remember this happening to Yukari Tanemura, Tenten's voice actor.

Thank you for explaining better. That's why I'm amazed their talent agencies cultivate it in the name of the almighty yen. If you're a parent, would you drop-off your daughter to attend such spectacles when they could be surrounded by such over-eager fans? Laughing
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:34 am Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
Holy crap what is with the negativity? If you don't like them, don't go to the concert!

The problem I have with this situation is that it is disappointing to me that this is the best so far that AX has been able to come up with. This is a band that to me has truly been milkintg itself, not only the girls, but Tsunku as well. And he disgustingly knows that this is making him lots of money.
omnistry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quote
Maybe, in the best case scenario, they start singing a song; only to be invaded by Detroit Metal City Laughing.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Maybe, in the best case scenario, they start singing a song; only to be invaded by Detroit Metal City Laughing.

Or Maximum The Hormone covering a Detroit Metal City song. Very Happy That could be amusing...Oh but then you get the rabid Death Note fans.
Akasan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote
MTH invading Anime Expo 09 would be amazing, not to mention it shouldn't be hard to get in contact with the right people over there.

MTH fans could bring fans of all types of rock/punk music to the venue. However I think the Nokia theater would never be the same afterwards.

Still easier than getting tickets in Japan to see them.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Beach europe kiero! kechi yuuei
Beach europe kiero! kechi yuuei yeah!

That would be great but.. It's not happening. I wonder if morning musume will do an interview though. Ai Takahashi is more boring than watching paint dry you know and she is the leader. The face of Morning Musume and Hello Project in general I guess.
orangered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quote
And the bitching continues. Rolling Eyes On a day dedicated to love, mind you.

Stay cool, Internet, stay cool. Wink
strahl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote
I still don't see the "anime" in Anime expo...

morning musume...gackt... excuse me...

at least do they make songs based on anime? no? then I'm not going

and for the "if you don't like them, don't see them" crowd...

"Don't call it ANIME- xpo then"..call it

"japan super bubble gum pop invasion"
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:21 am Reply with quote
The number of girls that have come and gone remind me of Pokemon. Since there's so many Pokemon out there that you can't rap them anymore, you forget about them and stop following it. Morning Musume has set that same example, where there's been so many girls to come and go, that you tend to forget about it and not care. I just looked them up for kicks, and they're on their 8th generation in ten years. If I can recall correctly they had up to 12 to 14 girls at a time.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:19 am Reply with quote
Locked for rabies outbreak.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3