• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kill Me Baby! Creator Asked to Prepare for 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:10 am Reply with quote
When I saw this I was just like: "Damn I knew the production was cheap, but....DAMN..."

Ok now I don't hate this show, I've seen the manga beforehand and I enjoy it, but its like beelzebub where I don't give a ratsass about the anime. Maybe this will convince me to finish the thing because I just stopped after episode two buuut... yeah we'll see what happens. the only series I really give a damn from J.C. staff are bakuman and Index and since we have anouncements for each of those on something (long time confirmed season 3 and film) I'm not going to pissy on anything.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:13 am Reply with quote
I can't believe I actually watched the entire first season. I really liked Ninja Grifter so that's how they sucked me in.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
Remember when HL Mencken said, "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people?"

Yeah, I'm becoming confident that applies to Japan-native anime fans too.
If we were talking about something like Qwaser or Queen's Blade I'd agree with this statement. Kill Me Baby wasn't anything above average but it doesn't super bad either.
I guess it really is a matter of personal preference, then. I hated Qwaser and KMB, but I thought Queen's Blade was a genuinely well-written and intelligent show underneath the ocean of cleavage. ;P
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I can't believe I actually watched the entire first season. I really liked Ninja Grifter so that's how they sucked me in.

Same here, on both points. It wasn't an awful show, but its funny moments were few and far between and Agiri was responsible for most of those. If it made them money, well more power to them I guess, but I have no intention of watching a second season.
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
My loneliness is killing me (And I...)
I must confess I still believe (Still believe!)
When you're not with me I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Kill me baby, one more time!

The anthem of all fans everywhere
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:
Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen a cheaper-looking anime.

You obviously didn't watch TV anime from the early 90's....

Last edited by VORTIA on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Same here, on both points. It wasn't an awful show, but its funny moments were few and far between and Agiri was responsible for most of those. If it made them money, well more power to them I guess, but I have no intention of watching a second season.

Then you will miss out on more of Agiri-san's awesomeness!
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:27 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
No second season of
Nyarko Crawling Chaos -> a really funny show
High School DxD-> a great harem

It's really too early to say that either of these won't be getting a second season.

VORTIA wrote:
Red Fox of Fire wrote:
Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen a cheaper-looking anime.

When adjusting for inflation and changes in animation standards, this is probably cheaper.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy about this. I enjoyed the first season, I could enjoy another.
eltonsu999

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
This series was ok so I wouldnt mind i guess, but isn't the director doing Little Busters!?? Right now I just want him focused on that and make it really good rather than do 2 animes. Confused
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:05 am Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

When adjusting for inflation and changes in animation standards, this is probably cheaper.

I do not think so, because back then they had to ink/color by hand each and every animation frame. Nowadays you get do it in a computer, where you point, click and can fill an entire surface (and if you make a mistake you get to undo, instead of starting anew by doing a new xerox). Also, supposedly back in the 90s Disney had developed coloring software where you color the first frame of one animation sequence, you would color the first frame and the software would color the entire sequence! So you need less working hours (which multiplied by an hourly salary means money) to do a 24 min chapter with higher quality than anything hanna barbera did back in the 70s-80s.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:09 am Reply with quote
This is how Adult Swim is able to afford new seasons of their live-action shows.................
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3