• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Episode Airs

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedHotFunk

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:41 pm Reply with quote
bricks were shat.
Awesome news startled me, but at the same time, the extended time slot for the airing of the old season was suspicious enough, and that time slot couldn't be filled with Haruhi-chan flash episodes as some places seem to have deduced. Great stuff =D
nagato316

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Get ready for more Haruhi cosplaying this year. Theme? New Haruhi episodes and whatever stunts they pull in them.

Can't wait to see the Haruhiists try to Hare Hare to that new ED. Although it's fast enough that the Saikyo Pare Parade dance might fit well with it. Or maybe some intrepid Haruhiist will try to come up with a brand new para para routine for it.
irishninja

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Finally!!!

Now hurry up and give me a legal way of watching it in the States!!! Anime smile
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
irishninja wrote:
Finally!!!

Now hurry up and give me a legal way of watching it in the States!!! Anime smile

Dream on, shut up, and watch the goddamn subs when they air, like the rest of us.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote
They're not going to go and re-release the first season DVDs with a few new episodes, are they?

They probably would do something like that.

That crap doesn't cut it in Region 1, thank goodness, but how are they going to release it here, then?
megas88

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote
And I just peed my pants lol. I kidd. Listening to Hare Hare no Yuki as I write this. I SHALL NOT STOP ANY MUSIC PRETAINING TO HARUI! THESE AND ESPECIALLY GOD KNOWS SHALL BE PLAYED ALL DAY TO MARK THE RETURN OF HARUHI!!!!!!!! Now then, I believe there is one more thing to take care of............

*Walks out of room into car. Goes to airport. Comes back with 5 large cardboard tubes. Goes back into car. Comes back with several large packages. Looks at watch. Night time? Yes? Pushes button to reveal large wall scrolls, spot lights and tiny tv in which shall NEVER be turned off again.*

*Walks out of room to get snack.* Jokes over. Go away. I don't care if it's lame.

I GOT ME NEW EPS OFS HARUHI! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Killtheshrew

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I remember reading the news report about the episode change a week or two ago and being very sceptical about it being a brand new episode, I guess I should shut my mouth in future but it's a fantastic surprise to finally get some new Haruhi and from early reports of people who have seen it things sound promising so that's good.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Shocked {/dies}
edzieba

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
I'd be curious to see if any speed records get broken between the broadcasting and subsequent sub-titled torrents spreading across the planet.
I'm sure it'll break records for internal Japanese filesharing, given the astounding lengths they went to to avoid actually telling anyone about it airing.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quote
cnet128 wrote:
No, no, there's no chronological mix-up, there's only one sequence. The issue that the quoted poster is talking about is due to spoiler[actual time travel].

Not exactly what I meant. I was more concerned about subsequent new episodes being interspersed between the old ones (meaning I'll probably want to watch the first season while I'm watching these).
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quote
My curiosity peaked and I took a look at the new ending. Looks good! I want to see the episode...like...now. Anime hyper

Damn why yall so angry about Haruhi. That was harsh Dmon. For a split moment in time with all these posts I though I was on 4chan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I can't find the ep any where Confused

I hope it comes out on the internet in a day or two
msgundam2

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I watch the the new episode. it was great to see loli Haruhi.
pluvia33

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm really curious how the R2 DVD's are going to be handled. Will they just do DVD's of the new episodes?? Going from Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody to Endless Eight and Sighs (assuming they do Sighs) and then skipping to Disappearance and the rest of the new stuff doesn't seem entirely horrible. Or maybe this set will be mixed up on DVD, reversing how they released the first season.

It'd also be interesting if when the new series gets licensed, if Bandai gets it again, if they do bonus sub only discs for the special editions like they did last time but now with the new "Ultimate Chronological" broadcast order with both seasons. Four discs, 7 sub only episodes each, should be fine. Funimation is doing that all the time these days and those are still dual language with extras. I think it'd be cool, but I don't know if Bandai is still in good enough shape financially to still do super spiffy releases like that with the whole cancellation of Lucky Star LE 6. Not sure if they would even be able to afford the license of the new Haruhi....

Anyway, glad to hear the new episode came out. Hopefully there will be subs out by the time I get home from work.
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I am very happy for new Haruhi. I mean, We got english edition of the books and now this. 2009 is a good year to be a Haruhi fan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11