• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seitokai no Ichizon (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niomo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Episode 4 was pretty good, round about write story's to beat the Newspaper club.

Lets see we have a way to perfect student council story, a story with fighting, a boy's love story, a slave / master story, and last but not least the living in the student council room with 4 girls story Anime hyper

spoiler[After there rounds of failed story idea, they try a anime, which is a copy of Strike Witches. When that fails they try a video game which they failed the unlock code. When all media fails they do a PV with jokes with the backgrounds being in Higurashi]

Next episode is swimsuits and fanservice

Eh, I think the spoiler[Higurashi BGs is a bit of a stretch. Sure that show had the bus stop in the rain scene, but then again, those do exist in Japan Razz ]

But still, great episode. The K-On! reference was hilarious, as was the comment about Azusa not being part of the "main" group.

It also seems as though there is some kind of plot going on in the background with the Newspaper v Student Council for the past few episodes. Very interestinggggg.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm counting it because of the fact there's already been so many Higurashi jokes

So it seems the newspaper is part of the plot. Or what ever little plot this show has.

I hope there's some epic battle down the road
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quote
As much as I love having a chat with my self, I do want to update the topic with episode stuff.

Episode 5

Swimsuits and fanservice that serves some point in the plot in the end.

It seems like a summer day and we have Ken going about talking about getting the girl's summer uniforms wet so there "transparent" quickly stopped by Minatsu they go on talking about how the A/C is out. Thinking it would be a good idea to wear swimsuits as a way of staying cool Ken is blindfolded to keep his harem filled mind away from the student council girls.

spoiler[In the end Ken asks about every one's life outside of school. You learn that Aka-chan try's to act like a adult when in truth she acts like a little kid. Chizuru is not good in the mornings and ends up hugging Aka-chan saying "she's so soft and warm". Mafuyu plays games from night till morning, and reads boys love comics in school. (When she sleeps has yet to be fond)

After this, Ken ends up getting locked inside a locker while the rest of them besides Minatsu who is helping out the baseball team. Go to the pool to cool off, in a fit of being perverted and wanting to see them swimming Ken breaks free of the locker (now un-locked) only to bump in to a long haired Minatsu. Soon after that is done, Ken is locked back in the locker while every one leaves for the day. ]

Only anime joke I could find in the episode was one talking about the last episodes of Toradora.

Next episode sounds like the student council helping some one out, with hints of a mystery.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote
You have to admit though! Girls in swimsuits WITH thigh-high stockings. That's just criminally sexy! Shocked Embarassed
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quote
I feel a bit sorry for Ken, though with the way he acts he mostly deserves his punishment. If he actualy played it cool, some nicer coments and not do something perverted the second he gets a chance, he probably might suceed at something. In that group of girls he is his own worst enemy for giving them reason. Well at least it is funny that way.

Probably best bits of episode 5 were: spoiler[That he kept getting tricked by chizuru into atempting to take the blindfold off. The cute things Kurimu does, and her 'crazy' theory that Taiga loved Ryuji at the end of Toradora. And Minatsu with her hair down, took me a second to realise it was her, kind of wow.]

And we got to see swimsuits, kind of funny seeing his imagination, and who sudenly popped into it from the previous episode.
Niomo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
this episode was boring.

Now I admit, I like girls in swimsuits as much as the next guy, but idk, this episode was lacking. I enjoyed Ken getting shocked and his "Becoming one with the locker" but besides that...meh.

Imo, i'm beginning to hate ken's character more and more. Of course I get the idea that he wants his harem, etc etc, but come on. No one in their right mind can epic fail through conversation and actions with girls THAT much.

The only bright point I have seen in his character are when he does things OUT of character. Like when he sspoiler[tayed behind and filled out all the paperwork. ]

Episode 5 gave me another chance to see one of his bright spots. When he was acting normal with spoiler[Minatsu. I enjoyed seeing him not demand a harem every 5 seconds or declare his love to Minatsu (for that scene) as well]. I kinda wish they turned his character into something like that a bit more. Normal guy working with 4 beautiful women (of all the girl personality spectrums).
quikbeam1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I cant say i agree with Niomo, i actually like the character of Ken quite a bit. There is definitely a lot more to that character than what he lets the girls see in on the show. Even though he does act strangely most of the time, he does have a serious side to his personality and really cares about the girls.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I continue to watch this show although I don't really understand why because I'm just not that into it. It has some amusing bits, but I do tend to grow impatient with shows that don't really have plots. I guess my favourite character is Chizuru - ya gotta love a beautiful, cruel female with vaguely yuri tendencies.
Niomo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quote
quikbeam1 wrote:
There is definitely a lot more to that character than what he lets the girls see in on the show. Even though he does act strangely most of the time, he does have a serious side to his personality and really cares about the girls.

True, and like I said, i wish they'd let that side show up a bit more. The harem stuff is getting old...but then again, thats what the show is about, right?

Blood- wrote:
I continue to watch this show although I don't really understand why because I'm just not that into it. It has some amusing bits, but I do tend to grow impatient with shows that don't really have plots.

For once, I agree about lack of plot. Seems to be missing something that Lucky Star had. I was hopeful with the newspaper stuff...but apparently that has all gone away.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:08 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
You have to admit though! Girls in swimsuits WITH thigh-high stockings. That's just criminally sexy!

Couldn't agree more. That girl, hum, the one always hugging the president, was specially sexy. Razz

I didn't get many of the references this episode, that might be the reason as to why I found it quite boring.
And yeah, the harem stuff is already past old, it's annoying.

Still have my hopes for a School Days ending...
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:57 pm Reply with quote
There wasn't any jokes in the episode in less you count the Toradora one.

There's the comdey of Ken not being able to look at the girls in the swim suits and being locked up, but thats kind of it for the episode.

The pre-view for next episode looked good at least
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I think that Ken's repeated remarks about wanting his harem is for the girls, not for the audience. He *wants* them to think of him in a certain way, and to not take him seriously (in a romantic sense), IMO. The girls even comment that they even if they wanted to take his comments about them seriously, they can't because he keeps undermining himself with harem comments.

So, yes, the harem thing is a joke, but that's not the only purpose of having it, IMO.

There is probably a reason why he has decided to take this tack with the girls. It *may* have something to do with the two-timing incident that the reporter dug up on him, or it could be for other reasons. Ken is a lot more subtle than most of the girls realize.
Niomo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
I think that Ken's repeated remarks about wanting his harem is for the girls, not for the audience. He *wants* them to think of him in a certain way, and to not take him seriously (in a romantic sense), IMO. The girls even comment that they even if they wanted to take his comments about them seriously, they can't because he keeps undermining himself with harem comments.

So, yes, the harem thing is a joke, but that's not the only purpose of having it, IMO.

There is probably a reason why he has decided to take this tack with the girls. It *may* have something to do with the two-timing incident that the reporter dug up on him, or it could be for other reasons. Ken is a lot more subtle than most of the girls realize.

Good call. I did not think that way at all, and it does make sense.
Niomo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
new episode and junk...

guess i'm the only one who watches the show anymore Razz

at least they had some good references from Higurashi, power rangers and Haruhi.

And once again, Ki's not harem side shows (partially), so that was nice...however, i think there was no need for the harem comment/jump at the end. oh well.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Niomo wrote:
at least they had some good references from Higurashi

Yeah, I enjoyed spoiler[sensei's comment that she was going to be sent to Hinamizawa.]

I'm glad we saw more of the sensei in this episode; I think she is an under-utilized character. Ispoiler[t cracked me up the girls all hit the floor on her command and when asked why, she says "No real reason."]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9