• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-11-04

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necrontry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:14 am Reply with quote
From a Monty Python movie wrote:
Just then, as it looked for certain that the city was about to be eaten, the earth trembled, and the sun was blotted out from the sky. Suddenly, swarms of giant bees filled the air and three hundred million armored horsemen covered with coats of a thousand different colors appeared at every street corner attacking the monster cat in a scene of such spectacular proportions that it could never in your life be seen in a low budget film like this. *sigh*[as an aside:]you'll notice my mouth isn't moving either. But! Just as the monster cat was starting to weaken, the earth split apart with a deafening roar and...

That is pretty much what this weeks strip reminded me of right away. Great movie and great strip. Some time the stuff not seen is the best stuff of all.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Pretty good comic this week Robin, best one in a long time. And some of the references were pretty hilarious and liked the story this week as well.

Was Kana a reference to the manga named "My lovely Ghost Kana" I wonder? Its one of my favorite manga's I read these days.

But hopefully Grandma Rosa makes another apperence, she was hilarious.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Was Kana a reference to the manga named "My lovely Ghost Kana" I wonder? Its one of my favorite manga's I read these days.

That's kind of a stretch. My Lovely Ghost Kana is bordering on an H-manga, and relatively speaking I don't think it's that well known. Plus, "Kana" can be a reference to many other more popular characters, i.e. Kaname Chidori from FMP.

I think it was just an arbitrarily picked Japanese sounding name though.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

That's kind of a stretch. My Lovely Ghost Kana is bordering on an H-manga, and relatively speaking I don't think it's that well known. Plus, "Kana" can be a reference to many other more popular characters, i.e. Kaname Chidori from FMP.

I think it was just an arbitrarily picked Japanese sounding name though.

I know, I actually was currious if anyone would actually spend the time to research My Lovely Ghost Kana or actually has read it before. Even though it is a H manga, at least the main female character is older than 18 and the story is actually quite interesting as well. The art is also well drawn as well.

But yes I know Robin picked Kana randomly (not that is bad or anything though). None the less, this week's comic is really great.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I know, I actually was currious if anyone would actually spend the time to research My Lovely Ghost Kana or actually has read it before.

I've read the first volume, and enjoyed it. Kana's reallly cute, especially in a sun hat.
Midwestern Tanuki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:

Well, still not sure where the elephants come in...

I really don't know how hard it would be to get an elephant or two for a cermoney, but the Hindu temple near where I live in the midwest was able to get a few for thier re-opening parade after they remodeled a few years ago. From what I heard from a friend it was quite the sight as theywent past thier house.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:25 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
With Japan's falling birth rate, do they even have a thousand school children in a single province?

It's called outsourcing lol. But man a shinto chant and latin...talk about a busy day heh. Sounds like something out of the Renaissance festival.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3