• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Digital Monsters/Digimon TV Anime's Image Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickjeromana

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:25 pm Reply with quote
('Question') I started to follow the Digimon phenomenon since it was launched by FOX-KIDS back in the day. (I was introduced to it back with Etemon. I actually missed the First 13 episodes of Season One and then ended up seeing them later.) I was never really much of a fan for animated television, though I will say that I did watch things like Poke'mon and Monster Rancher prior to.

One of the things that stuck as far as Digimon was concerned was the fact that this was the first series I had seen where the story seemed to have an actual storyline that progressed from episode to episode where the SAME THING wasn't happening every single episode. The series was actually headed in a specific direction. This intrigued me.

I actually liked the transition from Season One into Season Two. They parted ways with the old, introduced the new concepts, and still allowed you to hold onto your favorite characters while introducing three new cast members.

The situation was a little different, and the animation style was getting better and character development was becoming more realistic. Although I will say that Season Two felt like any other Sequel (Film or Television). Of course the first will hold the greatest grounds. However, knowing this, I don't think that Season 2 was all that bad.

When they did Season Three, I felt that they had made a good decisive action by letting go of everything they had with the first two seasons, and introducing the new concepts in with things you were already familiar with. By establishing the first two seasons as "The TV Show" and the "Card Game" as if it were real helped to set the stage for Season Three as being entirely independent from any of the rules. I actually think that this was their best Series personally.

Season Four was hard to get into (at first). I took a good look at it and instantly turned my head thinking (Power Ranger Digimon! Yuck!) It wasn't until I forced myself past the first 13 Episodes that the series actually started to pan out and make a bit of sense. It was actually quite good. A bit different and quite experimental from what they were working with prior to, but in the end I want to say that Season Four wasn't half bad. (The movie for it, however, sucked big time! As for how DISNEY translated, edited, and used the Lion King Theme -or something that sounded like it- broke the feel that people had come to know Digimon for.) Ultimately I blame Disney for a bad transitioning job. I think the biggest problem was not being able to connect Season Four with any of the others since everything about the season was different from the first three. Perhaps if they had kept some of the original FOX Theme INTROs It could have boosted the initial reaction.

Season 5 on the other hand. I tried desperately to like it. Haven't even come close to seeing any potential. Considering the poor animation job, poor writing skills, and lack of quality character development, I think Season FIVE would have sealed the fate of Digimon entirely (closing the doors to the possibility of there ever being a Season 6.)

If Season SIX is ANYTHING like Season 5 (both in writing style and animation quality) then DIGIMON is FINISHED! There will never be another Digimon ever again, and for both Disney and TOEI's sakes I should hope they consider this as well. This season will either make up for season 5 and revive Digimon, or it will bust and end the franchise for good.

I love Digimon.

I'm looking forward to Digimon Rumble Arena 3 (PS3)

I still think that they should create a DIGIMON VS. POKE'MON (Wii) Battle Arena Game. (((Pikachu VS. Kabuterimon--- MewTwo VS Imperialdramon--- Jigglypuff VS. Patamon...... Wargreymon and MetalGarurumon VS. Charizard and Venusaur))) Don't quote me on all the Poke'mon-- I just want to see Digimon kick butt.

It'll never happen, but I think if there was such a game (in Smash Brawl Style) it'd be completely dominating. Question
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3