• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Tyrant Falls in Love GN 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:46 am Reply with quote
sorry, but a rape, even as a fantasy, even as supposed "rape-in-love" event, does not excite me in any way...
and yes, this is why I hate most of hentai/yaoi stories... exactly because of use that tacky, tasteless, unimaginative, dead-brain cliché "plot development" to create "drama"...
it is just proof that these authors do not have class... they just do not have talent/thought effort to create a story with out use of such cheap trick...
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote
And what's with all these revenge fantasies! Why can't they just wait for karma to take it's course, or call the police, or at least find some nonviolent way to get back at their enemies! Violence is used to add excitement in other stories, why should romance fantasies be different? Because it's wrong and unacceptable in real life? So are a lot of other things in works of fiction but that doesn't mean such stories shouldn't be written or that it's a "cheap, lazy trick". The point of fantasy is to experience in a safe way, something you can't or shouldn't do in real life. If I wanted reality I would either not read/watch any books/movies or just stick to non-fiction. Oh wait, sometimes even those stories involve people doing bad things, except in real life! Never mind, then.

Plus yaoi and hentai are supposed to be for adults only. People who, it is assumed, know the difference between fantasy and reality.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:58 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
sorry, but a rape, even as a fantasy, even as supposed "rape-in-love" event, does not excite me in any way...
and yes, this is why I hate most of hentai/yaoi stories... exactly because of use that tacky, tasteless, unimaginative, dead-brain cliché "plot development" to create "drama"...
it is just proof that these authors do not have class... they just do not have talent/thought effort to create a story with out use of such cheap trick...

Alice Cooper said on his first or 2nd album. "You are the only censor. You have a choice. You can turn me off"
If you don't like it, don't read it, but cheap plot devices are eternal.

Dude, there is really nothing new under the sun. Even real life often repeats.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3