• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Berserk Anime Project Launching

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nailszz6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote
this is HUGE!!!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quote
HOLY $HIZZNITS!!! I don't believe it!!! Well, I guess I can take back all that buzz about it never happening (based on various comments from other sources. This is excellent news.

I just hope that they can get OLM back to do the work. The same group that worked on 'Figure 17', and others. They did an excellent job.

I'm curious to know if it will be a reboot or continuation. I don't know that rebooting work. Even with what was cut from the first series it was still a decent adaptation. That still stayed as close as it could. Keep us posted on this.

I wonder when Miura is going to end the series. Is he going to end it soon or is he going to TRY and run it as long as Guin Saga, as stated in a past interview.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:58 am Reply with quote
I don't think it would be impossible to make a direct sequel to the TV series, as long as it starts with a flashback that retroactively establishes that spoiler[Guts had met Skullknight before the eclipse. Otherwise, the way he saves him from that ritual would look even more like a deus ex machina than it did in the manga.]

Then they could adapt the post-eclipse stuff from the first 3 volumes, this time including Puck. A second TV series could go all the way up to spoiler[Griffith's return] and end on a somewhat conclusive note, while leaving room for another sequel.

Last edited by Zhou-BR on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:00 am Reply with quote
Hells Yeah! Very Happy
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:01 am Reply with quote
wow....lol just wow

epic
DarkCyradis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote
What awesome news on a Monday morning~~

I really hope it's a remake--do the whole thing from the start in fresh, updated animation. ::fingers crossed::
ZeroAE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
I think it will go the way FMA did.... remake the series from the start more in sync to the manga... and dont leave out any details!

I'm really excited about this... sooo excited...

But... I have no other berserk fan around me to give a massive big hug to D:
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
So THAT'S why a flying pig kicked me in the face this morning while yelling "I'll carve the symbol of sacrifice in you!".
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:35 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
I don't think it would be impossible to make a direct sequel to the TV series, as long as it starts with a flashback that retroactively establishes that spoiler[Guts had met Skullnight before the eclipse. Otherwise, the way he saves him from that ritual would look even more like a deus ex machina than it did in the manga.]

In the manga, it's clear that spoiler[the Skull Knight is a part of a larger, pre-manga history with the Godhand], but yeah, most of that only becomes clear long after the ending point of the first anime, which would have made it a 100% deus ex machina.

Quote:
Then they could adapt the post-eclipse stuff from the first 3 volumes, this time including Puck. A second TV series could go all the way up to spoiler[Griffith's return] and end on a somewhat conclusive note, but leaving room for another sequel.

In terms of chronology, the first three volumes take place after the "Golden Age" arc. You could start there, have flashbacks that spoiler[establish the Skull Knight during the Eclipse,] and then go on straight to the new material. The other material that was cut from the first series (spoiler[the Queen's affair with Julius, the King's perversion, and Wylad]) don't matter much to the rest of the story, but spoiler[the Skull Knight] needs to be slipped in their somewhere.

It could be done, though. I haven't been a fan of the "more faithful" remakes, so I'd rather a straight sequel. To get to Serpico this time. Did I mention I like Serpico? Wink
Jonasan
ANN Video Director & Producer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:51 am Reply with quote
I am so looking forward to this Anime smile
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:57 am Reply with quote
Sepherest wrote:
JohnathanEnder wrote:
These images here. Could there be a connection? O_o

Those were an old April Fool's prank.

Regardless of whether those rumours are connected to this current news, those who were excited by the images now have something more concrete to liven their spirits.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mimosa_usagi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Well, pigs just flew across the snow-covered fields of hell

i could not have said it better my self. i am so happy right now. Very Happy
Jacut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, it has been more than ten years since I first dreamt there would come a day a sequel would be announced. If it's not some lame joke, it's a pretty unbelievable news. And I really hope the new series takes right after the 26th episode of the original series (so around volume 13 of the manga if I remember correctly).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
NDenizen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god.

Awesome.
ittoujuu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, I'm excited by this.

Of course, I also want to hedge my bets - we don't know what kind of production this is going to be. It might be a remake, it might be a continuation from the end of the original TV series, it might be some OAV adaptation of a story arc of their choice, or it could be something totally different. It depends on how much of an audience they think exists for a Berserk anime.

I think, if made well, and marketed well, it's the kind of title that would find fairly good success internationally, even if in Japan only the Berserk fans stayed up till 1 AM to catch the showing. As far as content broadcast, if they can get things like Queen's Blade and Seikon no Quasar onto television, I don't think the hurdles Berserk would have to jump would be unnecessarily high (though its issue would be one of violence and less of sexuality...though there's some of that too).

But in the interest of not overthinking something I know nothing about, I'm just going to lean back in my chair and pump my fist in victory.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 15