• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime News Network to Simulcast togainu no chi Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akatsukinotobi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Well, this was slightly misleading. It's not really a simulcast if the episodes are put up on the site almost a week after they air in Japan.

Oh, well. I'll watch anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
captkirakira

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Good to know someone picked it up! I can't wait for it! I've been excited since the first bit of news it was getting an anime!
gorbal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I'll wait for your subs to watch it legit; so glad you are doing this! This is the series I was most excited about after seeing the trailer and cg's of the game.

I understand they are cutting out the Yaoi sceens, this is TV after all. I just hope they try to reach a wider audience by keeping some BL scenes but making the rest of the series so bloodly awesome nobody with an open mind would care.

In this day and age the idea of sterilizing a story of homosexuality to appeal to people who won't watch it anyway just rubs me the wrong way.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Man this keeps getting better. Now we have ANN doing simulcasts. Legal simulcasts just keep becoming more common which is now a really good thing. Very Happy Congrats ANN on getting yet another title to simulcast this anime season!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KN_guro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Thank you ANN! The vn and manga of TnC just hasn't been enough for me. So glad this is finally airing.
Pandadice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:58 pm Reply with quote
It is a title I was planning to check out. But I just hope the BL levels aren't too high. I'm really hoping it'll be worth watching, but considering all the other (almost-)BL "gang/underworld" themed shows there are that all suck (Bus Gamer, Dogs: Bullets and Carnage, Switch), this probably won't be any better... It kinda looks like either a new Dogs or a new Kurozuka, both of which weren't really that entertaining.. So overall, series seems super questionable, but not much else is out which seems any better...
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quote
akatsukinotobi wrote:
Well, this was slightly misleading. It's not really a simulcast if the episodes are put up on the site almost a week after they air in Japan.

That's true, and it is a little disappointing, but it's better than not being able to watch it. I'm glad this got picked up.

Now I get to watch my darling Shiki in motion...
pasteloverdose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Woot. I'm glad ANN got this. Hopefully this and Oreimo will lead to future successes for ANN's simulcasting.

Never watched a BL anime before, so I don't know if I'll like it or not. I do hope that it's good and keeps the BL scenes, because it's always great to get more great BL series.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:30 pm Reply with quote
akatsukinotobi wrote:

Yes, I went over this in the earlier Oreimo talkback thread.

It's not that major of a complaint, but I'm the sort of personality who likes to take language at its literal meaning. Simulcast means simultaneous broadcast. Even with the latest Japanese regional TV airings, this isn't simultaneous.

I mean just the sentence "“We (ANN) would have liked to have a same-day simulcast..." is irrational. Because it implies the existence of a not-same-day simulcast. But wouldn't that be a contradiction? Stuff to mull over.

But either way, I look forward to watching Oreimo on Sunday. Togainu no Chi doesn't really interest me because I only watch shows with cute girls.
Pandadice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:36 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:

It's not that major of a complaint, but I'm the sort of personality who likes to take language at its literal meaning. Simulcast means simultaneous broadcast. Even with the latest Japanese regional TV airings, this isn't simultaneous.

Not a fan of hyperbole then?
Ovalshine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:25 am Reply with quote
Well, this will the first time I'll be viewing a series stream here. It's not a "took long enough" kind of thing with this being the 2nd official stream ANN is doing. Is nice they're getting into this. The less I rely on fansubs, the better.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:49 am Reply with quote
Pandadice wrote:
... but considering all the other (almost-)BL "gang/underworld" themed shows there are that all suck (... Dogs: Bullets and Carnage, ...), this probably won't be any better...

Dogs is nowhere near being anything even resembling BL. The manga (and probably the anime as well, haven't watched it), involves an underground trafficking in fetish-ised girls. It's seinen, to the core.

einhorn303 wrote:
Yes, I went over this in the earlier Oreimo talkback thread.

I mean just the sentence "“We (ANN) would have liked to have a same-day simulcast..." is irrational. Because it implies the existence of a not-same-day simulcast. But wouldn't that be a contradiction? Stuff to mull over.

You would be correct in that the word simulcast is a shortened version of "simultaneous broadcast", but it's actual usage is a little different. As long as the episode streams before every station in Japan has aired it, or along with the last station to air it, it can be considered a simulcast, especially considering some shows have their broadcast premieres spread out over 8-10 days or more (Samurai Girls premiered on Oct. 3rd, but its last premiere is on AT-X on the 11th, and OreImo premiered on Tokyo MX on Oct. 3rd, but its last premiere is on BS11 on the 16th). ANN is fully within their rights to call this a simulcast, as we have no right to say it has to be simulcast with the first premiere in Japan.

Last edited by teh*darkness on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
gorbal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:46 am Reply with quote
Pandadice wrote:
It is a title I was planning to check out. But I just hope the BL levels aren't too high. I'm really hoping it'll be worth watching, but considering all the other (almost-)BL "gang/underworld" themed shows there are that all suck (Bus Gamer, Dogs: Bullets and Carnage, Switch), this probably won't be any better... It kinda looks like either a new Dogs or a new Kurozuka, both of which weren't really that entertaining.. So overall, series seems super questionable, but not much else is out which seems any better...

But if it we absolutely amazing would you still watch it, even if it had a little BL? My straight male friends love Torchwood and that has some serious man on man in it. (They fast forward past certain scenes of course!)

It seems like anime companies see BL as a gamble they don't want to spend to much time and energy on. I hope they don't continue the trend here.
Mikurotoro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote
Cool! I'll definitely be watching this, and entering the contests for a trip to Japan, oh how I want to win! Smile Good job ANN I was about to give up!
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quote
akatsukinotobi wrote:

Yes, six days after it airs in Osaka, five days after it airs in Tokyo, and the same day that it airs in Nagoya. "Air date in Japan" is normally a multiple choice question, where "all of the above" is the correct answer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3