• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Did we just get another unnannounced Sentai delay?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm in no hurry to get this any longer after hearing about the 8th episodes subtitles. Who ever gets this on Blu-ray first should post if Sentai fixed it.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:51 pm Reply with quote
No one's confirmed yet? I would've thought someone received the Blu-Ray from TSRI by now.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:50 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I'm not too worried about the subtitles since I'm just gonna be watching the dub. Although I do hope there was a large print run because it seems like A LOT of people are buying this; I think it may be surprise hit for Section 23 (yay more dubs).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
John Casey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:02 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Honestly, I'm not too worried about the subtitles since I'm just gonna be watching the dub. Although I do hope there was a large print run because it seems like A LOT of people are buying this; I think it may be surprise hit for Section 23 (yay more dubs).

Lol. Look at the alternative way of seeing this: The original language version was more or less riddled with some mad Engrish...

Who could forget the President's summit speech... Anime hyper Not to mention, awkward language barriers...:

U.S. President: RABUUUU AAANDO PIIIIICUUU!!!
Chopper Pilot: Input coordinates? ...Roger that. Attack formation!
CIA Director: [unintelligible Japanese]

So...grunt helicopter pilot speaks perfect english, the President can only get out a few barely-discernible words, and the people at the Pentagon can't speak English at all...? Yeah, me personally, I'm just gonna stick to the dub... Even a mediocre dub will more than suffice.
John Casey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Unreal. Unfuckingreal. I swear, this set is cursed. Should I burn it or something?

So, a post office received the set this morning... It was missent....in a city THREE GODAMN HOURS AWAY FROM HERE.

This is either some mad, mad incompetence, or this is a truly cursed Blu-Ray set.
silencer226

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:08 pm Reply with quote
I received the bluray today and I checked out the second half of episode 8, there doesn't seem to be a timing issue with it. It might be just the dvd, but I'll continue checking the episodes just in case. I've already skippeda round 1-8 and part of 10 so I'm thinking the error isn't in the bluray version (I hope...)
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Thank you so much. Now, off to find this one...

I think this might be John's favorite show. Dang man you want this shit REALLY bad.
John Casey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Thank you so much. Now, off to find this one...

I think this might be John's favorite show. Dang man you want this shit REALLY bad.

>:3 My favorite show is Escaflowne, thank ye very much.

I'm just peeved lol. I never had so much bad luck with any one order before. :/
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quote
This is officially, without the shadow of a doubt, the single most cursed Blu-Ray set I have ever had the displeasure of ordering.

Just as the mail-man put the package in me mailbox, some kids started tarding about - apparently trying to steal whatever was inside people's mailboxes. Happens rarely, but it happens. Had to chase them away. Then, as I opened the box, and then the set, I find virtually every hinge broken... Easily fixable by just replacing a case...but still. This is one of the biggest "What the hell" circumstances I've had to deal with it.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh, John Casey. I got just the thing for you:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Nice one, KoH.

Yeah, the sitch in Darfur kinda sucks, John Casey - but NOTHING compared to the horror you've had to endure. Truly the stuff of Shakespearean tragedy.
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
[John Casey looks at Canaan Blu-Ray set. Cue incessant weeping.]
Et tu, Brute?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3