• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Fumihiko Sori's To Science-Fiction Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:01 am Reply with quote
I've been interested in To since the project was announced a couple of years ago. Seeing the promo video clinched it. Very much looking forward to seeing this title when Funi releases the Blu-ray. I know a lot of folks didn't like Sori's Vexille, but I quite enjoyed it.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:07 am Reply with quote
Cool, I've been interested in this since seeing those ship designs and the sorta "hard scifi" style of the shots of the ship in the earlier trailers.

opn wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:
So no news on more D.Gray-man?
Shall we just write this one off as dropped?

there are still issues with dentsu hopefully they get resolved soon i don't care what people said about the dub i for one liked it sure not the best but still good.and i still want more one piece.

Yeah, I liked the D.Gray-man cast as well. I hope they can work through those issues so that they can eventually do the rest of it.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:03 am Reply with quote
PBsallad wrote:
@Hypeathon

Heh, glad theres others here that listen to that podcast. Smile

I'd re-listen to that episode, but it's long... 2:14:25. Good grief.

Oh, you could just literally skip to around 50 minutes in and then 120 minutes in to hear the parts from that episode I'm talking about. I have a tendency to mark in my head certain moments an episode of whatever podcasts I listen to that I found either funny or informative.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:04 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Supermutant wrote:
Didn't seem anything on what is up with Rosario+Vampire.

I am also waiting for FUNImation's release of that along with Chaos;Head. They began streaming Chrome Shelled Regios sometime this winter, so we can expect them to release (most likely stream) both Rosario + Vampire and Chaos;Head sometime in Spring or Summer.

And if FUNImation plans to stream To then I'll be watching it, sounds like an interesting OAV, and won't take too much of my time.

Are you talking about streaming a dub?

The reason I ask is that they started streaming Rosario + Vampire quite some time ago.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:57 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:

opn wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:

there are still issues with dentsu hopefully they get resolved soon i don't care what people said about the dub i for one liked it sure not the best but still good.and i still want more one piece.

Yeah, I liked the D.Gray-man cast as well. I hope they can work through those issues so that they can eventually do the rest of it.

Didn't like the dub AT ALL, but I DO WANT to own the complete series on R1.
The second half of the show is by far the best as well.
slickwolfie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:50 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
So I'm reading the plot of To here and I think there has to be a mistake somewhere. It takes 2 years onboard the ship while 15 years pass outside to reach the moon?? To get that level of time dilation you'd have to be moving at 98% the speed of light, and whatever distance you traveled would be 2 light years. The moon is about 1.3 light seconds from earth. What am I missing in the summary here? Is this ship bringing energy from another planet? In which case... huh? There are no other solar systems within 4.24 light years of earth. Is it coming from the farthest reaches of our Oort cloud? Because that would be the only area that first the specifics given, though what they'd find in scattered debris of icy comet-material would have to be explained.

Or am I being way too hard-sciencey for this series?

Your not being to "hard sciencey", your actually being a little "soft-Englishy". Try reading the description again. It doesn't say anything about how long it takes to get from the Earth to the moon, it talks about how a cannon shoots supplies to the moon and how living on a space ship differs from living on Earth.
Slick
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote
slickwolfie wrote:
Your not being to "hard sciencey", your actually being a little "soft-Englishy". Try reading the description again. It doesn't say anything about how long it takes to get from the Earth to the moon, it talks about how a cannon shoots supplies to the moon and how living on a space ship differs from living on Earth.
Slick

Yes, we actually established that if you went on to read the rest of the thread. It's an awkwardly written synopsis. Don't just reply the first time you see something, it can make your posts obsolete.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear, as this seems like the kind of thing I would definitely dig! Can't wait for the Blu-ray release. Smile
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:32 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
DangerMouse wrote:

opn wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:

Didn't like the dub AT ALL, but I DO WANT to own the complete series on R1.
The second half of the show is by far the best as well.

Cool, I've heard that pretty regularly Smile
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:

For the curious, I did do a write-up of Funimation's panel at Naka-Kon in Kansas City on Sunday. While the major announcements were no doubt identical to those from the Katsucon panel, there was some coverage of D-Gray Man in the Q&A session.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3