• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Unveils Swimming Team TV Anime Free! for July

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Would be nice if this was a good male comedy show about some normal dudes. Kind of what I wanted Kids on the Slope to be. But I guess it probably wont. Will probably be just about pretty boys doing crap. Well I guess I'll at least look into it. It's more interesting then the usual KyoAni stuff.

Because KyoAni's never done a show just about pretty girls doing crap:

Pic.

[EDIT: Turned your giant-ass picture into a link to alleviate the eyes of people with not-so-great monitors. -TK]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
It's more interesting then the usual KyoAni stuff.

Only a moron would make a judgment like this without actually, you know, watching the show first. But it's not like I expect intelligence for anyone who just blindly hates all of KyoAni's output.
zeroyuki92

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:42 am Reply with quote
Penguin_Factory wrote:
I'm out of the loop on this one, is there a reason so many people are bitterly disappointed about this? Had they previously said they were making something else before this got announced?

Some people are (still) waiting for FMP sequel. When the silhouette was shown some days ago, some fans made a comparison of the silhouette with Sousuke and one other male character on FMP.

I guess nobody are expecting much, though.
ultimatemegax

darkchibi07 wrote:
IS there any info on the synopses of those entries? I'm curious what are they're about.
We have hints via the published criticism of the award winners, but that's it. The contents aren't published.
Rahxephon91

Blood- wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
It's more interesting then the usual KyoAni stuff.

Only a moron would make a judgment like this without actually, you know, watching the show first. But it's not like I expect intelligence for anyone who just blindly hates all of KyoAni's output.
I liked Haruhi Suzumiya(just because of Kyon, all the female characters were annoying) . Heck, I even watched Full Metal Panic. I even thought Fumffu was funny and probably the best of the FMP series.

And interests can be gauged not by watching said thing, but by looking at the surface. If it doesn't look interesting, why watch it?

I mean even morons know that. I guess you didn't though.
zeo1fan wrote:

Because KyoAni's never done a show just about pretty girls doing crap:

Yes....

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:54 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
On another note, anyone noticed how 2 of those Honorable Mentions now got anime adaptations? I wonder if the other ones will get one in the long run.
3 of these "Encouragement Award" winning entries have gotten adaptations: Chuunibyou, Boundary, and now High Speed!. Another one Copellia has also been published and the writer also penned the Tamako Market LN. Of course, it would be nice if someone announced the Encouragement Award winners for this year.

IS there any info on the synopses of those entries? I'm curious what are they're about.

Well, if it's anything like the Ballet, you can find out about Coppelia relatively easily:

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coppélia

Last edited by zeo1fan on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

musouka wrote:
Yes, because KyoAni is especially well known for their blatant fanser...oh wait, were we talking about GAINAX or something? That's the only way this conversation makes any sense.

This show will be about watching well muscled men in tight swimsuits, that's fanservice, and yet it doesn't count as fanservice because it's oogling men? That's the distinction I'm talking describing: change all of the characters sexes in that preview and the short CM, keep all of the shots the same. Does your impression remain exactly the same?
Keichitsu0305

zeo1fan wrote:

There is a way to execute fanservice well; when it's well-timed, funny, subtle, or well shot, or any variation of those aspects (Binbogami-Ga uses fanservice humor well, for example). I don't think anyone will criticize you for wanting to see well-executed fanservice, so...cool down. Cool

True. It's highly possible to have a series that was well-written with either comedy or drama that also includes fanserivce aimed at either men or women (or even unintentional fanservice moments or even "moe" elements) but, you what I'm tired of it.

Not of the fanserivce but of fans demonizing each other just because they like certain marketing gimmicks that was meant to draw in those demographics in the first place. Can it be executed well? Yes. Does that always happen? No, which is why we criticize how it's used in the series not just the fact it exists. But no. If a show tries to appeal to these demographics (esp. the fangirls, fujoshi, or fan serivce fans), the forums go ablaze. So, might as well prepare for the worse right? The series might not even have a lot of fanserivce for women but, who cares? It's not like women buy anime or anything?

Back on subject, I hear that Miyano Mamoru might be in this so hopefully the rumors are true.
Seifukun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:45 am Reply with quote
yesssssssssss
Leebo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:45 am Reply with quote
Shattix123 wrote:
OMG the anime industry is really going down...seems like now i have the time to to graduate from college :/

Oh no! A show that I don't want to watch is being made! Run for the hills!
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:46 am Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

There is a way to execute fanservice well; when it's well-timed, funny, subtle, or well shot, or any variation of those aspects (Binbogami-Ga uses fanservice humor well, for example). I don't think anyone will criticize you for wanting to see well-executed fanservice, so...cool down. Cool

True. It's highly possible to have a series that was well-written with either comedy or drama that also includes fanserivce aimed at either men or women (or even unintentional fanservice moments or even "moe" elements) but, you what I'm tired of it.

Not of the fanserivce but of fans demonizing each other just because they like certain marketing gimmicks that was meant to draw in those demographics in the first place. Can it be executed well? Yes. Does that always happen? No, which is why we criticize how it's used in the series not just the fact it exists. But no. If a show tries to appeal to these demographics (esp. the fangirls, fujoshi, or fan serivce fans), the forums go ablaze. So, might as well prepare for the worse right? The series might not even have a lot of fanserivce for women but, who cares? It's not like women buy anime or anything?

Back on subject, I hear that Miyano Mamoru might be in this so hopefully the rumors are true.

I'm sorry. Did I say something to enflame you? Sad
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

Put together all five of the character bios they showed in the announcement. It's like a Rainbow of Bishounen
musouka

walw6pK4Alo wrote:

This show will be about watching well muscled men in tight swimsuits, that's fanservice, and yet it doesn't count as fanservice because it's oogling men? That's the distinction I'm talking describing: change all of the characters sexes in that preview and the short CM, keep all of the shots the same. Does your impression remain exactly the same?

My impression then becomes "not for me", not "I must mindlessly bash this on my personal blog and every forum I frequent because CHICKS IN BATHING SUITS."
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:47 am Reply with quote
musouka wrote:
My impression then becomes "not for me", not "I must mindlessly bash this on my personal blog and every forum I frequent because CHICKS IN BATHING SUITS."

I'm not saying that. What I am saying to all is: "Don't act like this is any different just because it's sexualizing men and aimed at women."

It's all the same shit.
dan9999

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:49 am Reply with quote
Very Happy Laughing

So all making fun of me and those of us that said swimming, I was oubitng it thou, buit, here it is, reality, CM dont turn into anime, you are out of reality, you are so misinformed, etc, etc,

-Fencedude5609
-Kastel
-ultimatemegax
-Chagen46
- Kaisos Erranon
-Parse Error
-RyanSaotome

Very Happy

Fujoshi, REJOICE!

Last edited by dan9999 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 58