• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

This was one of the best episodes yet, to me mostly for all the little jokes added in. For starters the Sony group got a spoiler[pet bandicoot with blue pants], of course we all know what that is a reference to. There was the fact the plot cantered around spoiler[Laystation's network security being compromised], which is a big reference to spoiler[PlayStation network hackings] There was a person with glasses, spoiler[Windows] styled hairpin who kept saying puns on the word spoiler[Bill], so a gender bent spoiler[Bill gates]. Neptune made fourth wall breaking comments on it being an original character, and saying that it was going to spoiler[flop] like spoiler[Windows ME]. Possibly a stealth pun is that Wikipedia also mentions something about a Neptune project.

We got a few other references too, like the villain being something of a spoiler[drag queen and called Anon, a reference to people hiding behind anonymity of the internet, and a fairly common practice of using female avatars and such]. Look to the left to see an example of the last one, although it probably feeds more on that some spoiler[pretend to be another gender]. We also had Noire spoiler[cosplaying as characters like Azusa and Kurisu]. And can I express my pleasure of seeing Vert and Nepgrear together, I tried not to let last episode make me want to ship them, but it can't be helped now.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 6 got weird tbh....I mean with that spoiler[robot spying on Noire. Speaking of which, Noire looked cute in her cosplay outfits]. Just saying.

I am also glad that a new character made her appearance at the end of the episode as I originally heard she might not be in. I think her name is spoiler[Plutia].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
Ep 7 -

I'm glad they covered this. It was the high point of stupid in the series and having Plutia's spoiler[transformation] for it only helped IMO.

Stuff's about to get REAL. Well, about as real as the Neptune series gets outside Mk2 Conquest.

Next ep we get a swimsuit episode. Hotness aside I need to comment that the swimsuits are really unique and well designed. I appreciate that.

By the way, slicing eggplant into dollars, adding some sea salt and garlic powder, and cooking them on parchment paper at 375 for 25mins tastes great.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

This series has really improved in the last few episodes. While watching villain overhearing I began eagerly awaiting for the villain to spoiler[enact a crazy/stupid plan to take out Neptune by using eggplants, only to find out that the idea was stupid]. A strong highlight in that regard when she said she spoiler[had something special in store, causing me to go "is she really going to turn into a giant eggplant?".] I was not disappointed, some spoiler[incompetent] villains can be very fun, especially when she was spoiler[competent before]. Kind of reminds me of Team Rocket, but incredibly boring yet.

There was lots of things for me to love here, like Peashy being an adorable pain in the butt, I had to rewatch her making fun of Nepgear by poking her tongue out a few times. IF being spoiler[force-fed eggplants] had points for being hot, but also being so hilariously misguided, I love it, we should have more like this.

And Plutia/spoiler[Iris Heart] is now officially my favourite character in the show. Which is saying something as she really started to grate on my nerves for a while in the episode, but by the point I saw her spoiler[standing there with her face shadowed], I knew magic was about to happen.

I even welcome a beach episode next as I expect that I will probably enjoy it. I did see the game at a local game store, I am so hating that I don't have a PS3 right now.
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
If your gaming routine isn't worth the price tag then you can always check a playthrough on Youtube. I know there's at least one that doesn't have some wanker talking over it thinking he's funny. You'd miss out on some of the fun but at least you'd get the story. Consider it an anime spoiler though. The anime is deviating a lot (in great ways) but some of the twists are still going to exist in both.

For example, I'm surespoiler[ Iris Heart's] anime introduction would've had way more impact for people who didn't know her from the game.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7
I will never look @ spoiler[eggplants] the same way again, not after this episode.

My favorite part was was when spoiler[Iris Heart went badass against that witch]. The cute part imo was with Compa although I don't think she holds the same feeling for Pirachu.

Next week looks like it's a spoiler[beach episode] so good bye clothes, hello sunshine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote
wow, I haven't seen this kind of spoiler[Eggplant] abuse since finishing Maria's good route in The Sagara Family.

Always nice to hear Kana Hanazawa getting a chance to use a different voice
Bango

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Woah! Was there no outtake this time?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote
^
They must have thought we got enough from eggplants and a glimpse of swimsuits.
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:05 am Reply with quote
Or they figured the episode itself was practically an outtake.

But there was plenty of outtake potential for Iffy, Pirachu and Plutia.
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Ep8 -

Ya know, I've only made flan about 60,000 times in my life so I don't claim to know what I'm talking about but Nep, dear, you're supposed to flip it upside down so the sauce goes over it. Eating it that way will give you a bottom of tar which a plastic spoon can't even penetrate easily.

I'd be very very disappointed in this show if it didn't full-out acknowledge it was a fanservice episode. That's the kind of world-aware stuff I expect from Neptune. Nice role reversal about Plutia's transformation from how it went in the games, too. See, that's how you remix a story. They considered how previous events in the show unfolded and noticed they had to switch to spoiler[Nep cautioning Noire instead of the other way around].

spoiler["It feels kinda weird wearing a swimsuit while in HDD form."] Nah, don't worry about it Gege. I had you in a swimsuit skin whenever you weren't in that Muv-Luv costume (which was smoking hot, btw).

OMFG that age checker LMFAO! It's so true! I'm liking all the swimsuit designs quite a bit. And that's some beach. *Winfield voice* PA RA DIIIIIISU. So this, Roasrio and Princess Lover spoiler[are the only shows I know of to call the censorship out into the open.]

spoiler["I'm sure you'll get all squishy when you grow up."] Oh, Compa, you have no bloody idea.

I hope they get around to Rei's story. They certainly have time for it and it was one of my favourite parts of V.

While we didn't get spoiler[an outtake par se we did get a hilarious gag in the Nepstation]. I can live with that.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
LOL @ the lights. I feel somewhat trolled...at episode 8.

Like they mentioned though, there was a lot of fan service this episode. Not exactly sure what happened @ the end of this episode though but I am not liking the fact that the spoiler[robot with an obsession on Noire is back.]

spoiler[Iris Heart] is brutal as ever though this episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

I might have to watch this episode again. *skip watches the episode again*

Great that they full out spoiler[say that it a fanservice episode]. I just noticed through the spoiler[R-18] talk that Blanc and Uni cover spoiler[Ram's and Rom's ears], with Uni's spoiler[being covered by Noir]. I still don't get what the deal with the clouds are after saying that though, I mean why do they specifically have those shapes? They just look like they are large spoiler[balls with small protrusions coming off and placed in pairs]...... wow, they got crap past the radar despite some censorship.

Plutia, it is funny how Nepgear has tospoiler[ ban her from transforming], but also how similar she is to Blanc/White Heart, and that Blanc's difference in personality is definitely overshadowed now that we know about spoiler[Iris Heart]. Funny with the immigration, just be happy that it was Blanc getting angry.

Talking about spoiler[rays of light, an actual thing in the show rather than just something stopping the viewers]. Loved that spoiler[trick, even if found out, although Nepgear did not get the memo and was tricked], apparently all to spoiler[Vert's plan]. Vert and Nepgear shipping all the way.

Every fanservice episode needs a spoiler[naked bubble disco]. I wonder if the DVD/BD release will remove the spoiler[Neptune heads]? I love how that scene was so absurd and when it looked like something was about to happen spoiler[it just went back to screaming girls dancing in the nude on a giant bubble machine]. The music made it all the crazier, like it is a place where logic just left and you can enjoy spoiler[naked girls] and the opening song.

So was Plutia spoiler[too slow at the end that she just ran out of time for the preview]?
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:02 am Reply with quote
I think it was a double gag, spoiler[both on Plutia's slowness and on stopping the Windows girl from talking.]

While I'm sure those heads are going to be removed in the disc release (especially since they didn't mention them despite having a great chance to) they'll likely be keeping the light rays since it was a major gag.

If the ep had an spoiler[outtake I think it should've had something to do with Nep chiding the viewer for hoping the BDs would be uncensored.] Or they could've just included the other girls in the light beam action. Compa would look really good with it but I don't think Pirachu would survive the heart rupture.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote
What I said in my first post came true after all: a full on fanservice episode, with glamorous shots all over EXCEPT the lolis who had to stay home, and had not even one decent service shot in that short pool scene.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5