• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Fairy Tail, Live-Action Treasure Hunter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Please get it on TV. I want to watch this, but I'm not committing to buy a show that could go on forever.

considering its being released this year and they been working on it for awhile i would be SHOCKED if it doesnt get on tv. Laughing
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote
This is amazing news, but I'm going to try to contain my excitement until actual exact release dates are announced.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Zags wrote:

Even the Reborn fans will admit that arc wasn't that great.

Sorry, but I actually love that arc. It's my favorite one.

And what I mean by flow in story, is taking points from previous arcs and putting it in the new arcs. Not "arc finished and forgotten, moving to next arc", more like "This was said in that arc, you need to pay attention to EVERY detail to see the full picture arc."

And also not making up the story as one goes along. Which I know what Fairy Tail is famous for. That and it's fighting. Story, not so much.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
I wouldn't say it's that unrealistic to hope they would get Fairy Tail on TV. The show would be a decent replacement for Dragon Ball Kai when that ends on Nicktoons.

Better than One Piece, you mean?

What's it really take to get a shonen anime to succeed with an American audience, where the manga hasn't had nearly as many sales per capita as in Japan before its debut there? (Wow, that phrasing was awkward.) The all-time biggest hit, DBZ, had to start in what was effectively the middle of the story. Was that significant, beyond the difference in style?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Awright! I've actually been expecting this announcement for quite some time, but it is nice to get the official word. I've been watching Fairy Tail since the first eppie ran on Crunchyroll. This is a definite buy for me - and for once, the dub really doesn't matter to me at all. I've become so used to the Japanese seiyuus who work on the show that I can't imagine getting used to a dub. There's no way anybody is going to improve on Rie Kugimiya's Happy.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Not really surprising that Fairy Tail was licensed by FUNimation... I rather they licensed Katekyo Hitman Reborn! over this series, but that's just me. Neutral
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:

And also not making up the story as one goes along. Which I know what Fairy Tail is famous for. That and it's fighting. Story, not so much.

Did you just confuse Bleach with Fairy Tail? For a shonen series, Fairy Tail is very good in having the story actually hint towards certain plot points instead of the mangaka dragging out the series just so s/he can figure out what to do next.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:00 pm Reply with quote
People rag on Hiro Mishima for being kind of derivative, but I honestly really really dug Groove Adventure Rave back in the day, and when I saw Fairy Tail I knew I had to check it out. Bought up to Vol 12, and haven't read a single page! Sad

I have heard varying reports of quality from all over the place, but it seems to be a show I would love immensely, and I think this news will spur on my reading of the manga. I do think it would be a solid show that could get some attention on TV if it goes that route. I guess time will have to tell.
The American Average

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quote
only thing i'm worried about is funimation using it four main voice actors. hope there will be some fresh blood in this one.
Aura Ichadora

Not too surprised that Funi picked up Fairy Tail. I get the feeling that was pretty much inevitable, but still, it's cool that it's getting released sometime this year. ^^

Hopefully they'll stream a few episodes before release date. I've been meaning to check out this series for awhile - I've seen so many AMVs using it, and it's definitely peaked my interest, and with Todd Haberkorn in the dub it really can't be all that bad.

Eh, even if they don't release some episodes before release, I'm pressure my brother will be picking it up - I'll just hope they'll release a Blu-Ray/DVD combo. Anime hyper
SaiyanHero16

And the fanbase rejoiced... Very Happy This is awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote
The American Average wrote:
only thing i'm worried about is funimation using it four main voice actors. hope there will be some fresh blood in this one.

so far we know todd haberkorn is voiceing natsu. i think its a bad choice but he may prove me wrong at least i hope so since we dont want nother d.gray man here and it doesnt help that the adr director hasn't done much stuff.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote
The American Average wrote:

It's not like the Japanese used fresh blood seiyuus for their voice overs.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:15 pm Reply with quote
OMG, YES YES YES!!! I was sure VIZ would pick up Fairy Tail but I'm so glad FUNi got it. x3 Now all FUNi needs to get is Madoka Majika!
Takuku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:16 pm Reply with quote
So this is who's causing the hold up till next February for Manga. It better be a good dub, with how stuck I am to the sub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7