• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tekkaman Blade Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Area88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:13 am Reply with quote
Alot of people want the old dub which was very good.

It would make sense to release two dubs.
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
...But I still think it bites royally that we're only getting a sub version.

Look at ADV. ADV has released Gatchaman and Macross, two of Tatsunoko's other heavily-mangled legends, uncut on DVD with both a new English dub and the original Japanese version with subtitles. Why can't Media Blasters do the same?

Because older shows don't sells as well, and it is better business sense to release it the way they are.
Digital Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote
About time some one released this Tekkaman Blade. I remember seeing this show when I was starting collage (about 10 year ago), and since then I have been bugging my local anine distributor ever since.

I am also happy how they are packaging the DVD with 13-14 episodes per disk.

And I look forward to the remastering as it makes a big difference.

I can finally get rid of my chinatown boot leg version of this series.

Area88 wrote:
Alot of people want the old dub which was very good.

It would make sense to release two dubs.
I would rather see the show the way it's ment to be seen.

I remember watching Tecknoman 3rd timed they aired down here in Australia. By this stage, I could tell that a lot of the fights where very badly editied.
Especially that fight when Blade's spoiler[Sister is fighting the rest of the tekkamen.]. And spoiler[one of the girls is really a guy in drag]
Plus I am not much of a Beatle Fan for people that remember to of the characters being renamed to RINGO and STAR.

JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
I wonder if maybe the OVA's could get a release?
Tekkaman 2 OVA was released a log time I go. I got a copy of it. However it was lacking a lot!!!!!
Tekkaman Blade was a much better.

guyverfanboy wrote:
Because older shows don't sells as well, and it is better business sense to release it the way they are.
It a niche market. Like main market for Tekkaman would be the people that remember watching it when they were in high school. This would be about 15 year ago.
Personally I am a big fan of this sort of stuff of this vintage. However i know that a lot of the younger anime fans today rather see some of the more GCI stuff.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Digital Dreamer wrote:
I would rather see the show the way it's ment to be seen.

This in itself is a fairly bigoted statement, as this implies you know from etiehr experience of personal knowledge how the Japanese or Americans wanted to present this program. The Japanese O.K'd the English version, and since we are in English-speaking territories, technically this WAS how we were meant to see it. But that is also a very narrow way of thinking about it. It'd be better to say "I'd rather see the original Japanese presentation of the series".
Digital Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I got a china town boot leg of this series. There is a lot chopped and changed between Tekkaman Blade and Tecknoman.

We can start off with that most of the Tecknomen had their changed their english names when they showed up later in the series.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quote
But you are still missing my point. Blanket statements such as "The way it was meant to be seen" are largely inappropriate and more often than not, unnessecary. I mean, if tatsunoko came out and lambasted Tecknoman for being inaccurate and a total travesty of their work, such as what Miyazaki said when asked about Warriors of the Wind, then you could assume that Tekkaman Blade was "the version meant to be seen", but to this date, no such thing has happened. The Technoman version was made for US/English speaking audiences, and in an even moreso blanket statement, is the version we were meant to see. However in this day and age, unless otherwise noted, no "one" single version is the "true" version.

Edits or not, saying 'the way it was meant to be seen' is really short sighted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3