• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga that are on hiatus or cancel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it's pretty much accurate. I've heard the same thing before when this title was call lawful drug in the scanlation community. It's been years since the lastest volume to be release in Japan, so it can only be assume that the title is on hiatus. Clamp has move onto xxxholic and Tsubasa.
Lucy/Nyu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Can anybody tell me if Immortal Rain (TokyoPop) will have anything past volume 6? Six has been around forever but there is no sign of another volume. Has it been cancelled?
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Lucy/Nyu wrote:
Can anybody tell me if Immortal Rain (TokyoPop) will have anything past volume 6? Six has been around forever but there is no sign of another volume. Has it been cancelled?

Nope, according to TP's site, volume 7 is mention but not listed. It just caught up with the japanese release at vol. 6 at the time. Vol. 7 is the latest volume in Japan and it can take anywhere from 3 to 10 month for new volume to be created. So chances are Tokyopop is waiting for vol. 7 or more material (like they're doing with Priest) from oversea and they're taking their sweet time but I doubt these title are cancle considering how many volume they already released and the fanbased it has established. Just be patience Very Happy
Lucy/Nyu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:22 pm Reply with quote
aye, thanks. I suppose that I should have checked that in the first place but considering that the increments between the other volumes were so much tighter I guess I assumed it was fully cooked over seas.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Yes, it's pretty much accurate. I've heard the same thing before when this title was call lawful drug in the scanlation community. It's been years since the lastest volume to be release in Japan, so it can only be assume that the title is on hiatus. Clamp has move onto xxxholic and Tsubasa.

Yeah, CLAMP is really good at starting and then not finishing things, as can also been seen with the previously mentioned X/1999. If you go to their website, they still list X, Legal Drug, and Clover (another title to be added to our hiatus list) as on-going, along with XXXHolic and Tsubasa, but none of those three have been worked on in a few years.

I had heard rumors of Tsubasa going on hiatus as well. Has anyone else heard this/have any reliable source on it?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:06 pm Reply with quote
sinemente wrote:
adv:

Gunsliger Girl (3 volumes)

It's difficult to say with Gunslinger Girl because volume 2 took a year and a half to come out, so it's possible (but unlikely) that volume 4 may be released eventually.
alice20th

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:57 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
I had heard rumors of Tsubasa going on hiatus as well. Has anyone else heard this/have any reliable source on it?

Sounds like a net rumor. Tsubasa is a top-ten, best-selling manga for CLAMP and Kodansha. If anything, Kodansha would want Tsubasa to pull a Dragon Ball and go on too long rather than be cut short. Besides, although three series from Kadokawa have gone on hiatus, none of their series from Kodansha ever have.

However, xxxHolic misses issues of Young Magazine all the time, and with rumors of them going to signing events and such, I wouldn't be surprised it Tsubasa missed a Shonen Magazine or two also.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes a series may go on hiatus regardless of popularity. I'm sure X/1999 was popular, but that has been on hiatus for years now. A series may go on hiatus if the creators need a break or can't continue for whatever reason.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote
alice20th wrote:
marie-antoinette wrote:

Sounds like a net rumor. Tsubasa is a top-ten, best-selling manga for CLAMP and Kodansha.

Yeah, as was said, with CLAMP it's not a matter of stopping because something isn't popular, or else X/1999 would be finished.
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Would Manwha apply here too because Myung Jin Lee's Ragnarok has been on volume #10 for the longest time and he said that it's supposed to go on for much longer than that.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I was just looking through the list of release dates and Descendents of Darkness vol 11 is listed as being released by Viz on May 9th.
cuteness

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:51 am Reply with quote
you seem to have missed i.n.v.u. published by tokyopop. does anyone know when the author is going to resume work on this title?
jgreen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quote
Fist of the North Star was never completely serialized in English, was it? Both Viz and Raijin took a stab at it, but I don't believe it was ever completed...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ShadrachAnki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote
cuteness wrote:
you seem to have missed i.n.v.u. published by tokyopop. does anyone know when the author is going to resume work on this title?

Last I heard, the publisher in Korea went under which is why we haven't seen any more of this title. It really is a shame, since the third volume doesn't wrap anything up at all. No word on when/if the creator is going to do more work on this series.

~Shadrach Anki
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
crow-kun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Whatever happend to HunterxHunter it was starting to get into the action during the Chimera Ant arc and then it just sort of died.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6