• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - June 3rd - June 9th

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote
VML wrote:
Was Eureka 7 shown at its normal time, which was/is 12 am? Or did the show's times changed and AS lied about its new times? I'm confused!

They changed it back to its regular 12 AM time and updated their schedule to reflect the fact early on Saturday morning.
MarthaC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote
luhead wrote:
Stormrider wrote:

Mirage of Blaze has taken over the old Street Fighter II V slot on Encore Wam.

Shocked That's quite a transition. Has anyone at WAM ever seen Mirage of Blaze, I wonder?

I wonder too, and I fear that nobody did. Well, if you just watch the first few episodes, it looks like a teen adventure- it's no such thing!! But good gawd! Isn't WAM supposed to be a teen channel? 1- The ghosts are really gruesome 2- The show throws at the viewers all kinds of historical characters and it's confusing-I resorted to the subs to keep track of all of their names which you don't get on this broadcast 3-You don't see it right away, but there's stuff going on that is going to give parents fits.
From the adult point of view, it's an interesting series but it's a anime based on a long series of novels that you know will never be printed in English. The anime has a conclusion, but it was made before the novels were done and there's some loose ends.
My main beef with WAM- it has shown in a endless loop [Vanguard] and [Streetfighter] for over a year-both short series- why oh why won't they do a long running show, do they really think their audience wants to see endless repeats?
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Eureka Seven pulled 334,000 this week, so i think it will be staying in it's slot
Nebs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:04 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Yu-Gi-Oh!
(KidsWB)
Saturday June 3 11:30am - Episode 223 "The Final Duel, Part 3"

I’m edging dangerously close to my deadline as it is, so I’m just going to rocket through this; Yugi fights a bad guy, Atem, for the FATE OF THE WORLD, and this is part 3 of that fight. There.

Well your rocketing is off track then. Razz Atem is not a bad guy. Atem is the real name of Yugi's alter-ego counterpart (aka Yami Yugi/the Pharaoh). They're dueling not only to see which is the true King of Games, but also so that Atem's soul can finally rest in the afterlife. As long as Yugi beats him, that is. No world saving involved in this duel. Last episode next Saturday....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Hanatarou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:29 am Reply with quote
I'm more than confused. Eureka 7 aired at the time it has been, in my part of the world. Somehow, I missed any notice of change. Not that that would be unusual.
I'm not convinced AS hates anime, at least they haven't treated it as badly as G4. Everytime I get a ratings survey, they probably think I have lots of kids, since CN is the major station watched. However, I wish they would stop airing other shows in the anime block. Isn't that what Sunday night is for?
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Meh I would say Cybertron wasn't a repeat this week(Though it wasn't),I don't really care as it looks like YTV has just killed possibly the last Canadian Dubbed Transformers Series,bad enough it was a good one animated by Gonzo.Not only did YTV change it's Friday slot it also changed it's Saturday slot by sliding it to 1:30pm EST instead of 2pm EST for Being Ian.With less then 4 episodes left all hope for this show is gone,let it fade into obilvion with it's old family like Armada...
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:51 am Reply with quote
Ok wait a minute, let me get some things straight...
Now, Eureka 7, was it pushed back immediately, or is being pushed back eventually? Because I watched the last episode on Sun, June 4th at 3am, its ORIGINAL re-run time-slot. I watch it before I go to work at 4am, so it was NOT changed by the last showing.
The schedule from Adult Swim that someone has been continuously posting a link to shows Eureka 7 being pushed back to 12:30am from what I can make of it, not 1:30am.
Can someone clear up these things for me?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:45 am Reply with quote
As best as I can tell, the airing of the Korgoth of Barbaria pilot offset everything for a week, and now that it's over and done with, the schedule's back to normal. Hence the reason Eureka Seven was "banished" to the 1:30 spot for a week and is now back at 12:30.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:57 am Reply with quote
ok, but was it pushed back JUST for the !2am showing of this past week? Because that Barabarian show premeired on June 3rd/4th, yet Eureka 7 still showed at its usual encore time of 3am, which the Click said would now be at 4:30am. So I am still confused...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:14 am Reply with quote
It's simple. Things changed for one week. Now they're back to normal. The end. Nothing beyond that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
It's simple. Things changed for one week. Now they're back to normal. The end. Nothing beyond that.

actually it didn't change at all, it aired at the proper time. i think someone just made a drastic decision based on an off-week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3