• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fruits Basket (see 2nd post for thread info)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I have an order for volume 21 coming in fairly soon. So all I have to do spoiler[is wait another four months after that.] Thanks for the information. I wonder what Takaya Natsuki will be coming up with next Wink
aya_honda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I must admit I'm curious too. Very Happy He created such a powerful and wonderful manga, full of characters which have been very well developed that I wonder now what he will do next. He must rise to the standards that he created and this will be a very difficult job. I at least will have really big expectations from him.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Takaya Natsuki actually is a she Wink
aya_honda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Sorry... English = second language. I make embarrassing mistakes some time. Embarassed
darkcountess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Fruits Basket ended in Japan already? I thought it was still going on heh. Ah well, is there anyway some one can PM me or email me the ending? *I'm sort of curious*
aya_honda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:36 am Reply with quote
Why would you like that? If you know the ending what's the fun in reading the manga? You should wait... There are many things happening in the last volumes and missing them may ruin the comprehension of the ending. Wink
cerulean88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:08 am Reply with quote
the ending was sooo much LOVE!! i was in tears at the end as it was so sad and awesomely joyous at the same time Anime smallmouth the ending was kinda expected but the way that Takaya Natsuki have devised the whole thing just falls into place beautifully =) spoiler[plus she changed the history of how the 12 zodiac animals came to be.]

i have to agree with aya_honda, i think it'll be good if no one posts the ending here not till enough people have finished reading it, we all then can start discussing this awesome manga =) It's finally over you guys =D i'm sure most of you who's been following the manga for so long now won't regret the ending to it. You'll love it!!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:06 pm Reply with quote
cerulean88, I carefully moved my mouse around the screen as to not see what spoiler you put in there. Does it have anything to do with the ending or something I don't know?
aya_honda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I second to your opinion, cerulean88. Smile I enjoyed very much this manga and it seems that many other people have enjoyed it too. I also was impressed by the ending so it would be a shame for those who have not finished yet reading the manga to know the ending in advance.

fighterholic, continue to move your mouse around the computer! Wink
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:22 pm Reply with quote
aya_honda wrote:

Now that I know that I'll just click on the fourth page of this thread from now on. You know when I first started reading the manga I was trying to find the volumes in second hand bookstores, but they're so popular that for a while I couldn't find them (in Japan).
cerulean88

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:08 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
cerulean88, I carefully moved my mouse around the screen as to not see what spoiler you put in there. Does it have anything to do with the ending or something I don't know?

hahaha, i'm so sorry for making you wanting to move your mouse over =p it's something to do with the ending but i didn't go into depth, merely stated a small summary (spoiler!!) of the ending bit =)

aya_honda wrote:
I second to your opinion, cerulean88. Smile I enjoyed very much this manga and it seems that many other people have enjoyed it too. I also was impressed by the ending so it would be a shame for those who have not finished yet reading the manga to know the ending in advance.

yay~ that makes 2 of us =D yep i totally agree, typing down the ending here when a majority of people overseas haven't read it would be a shame, even if the spoiler tag was put on, that really doesn't help as it makes people even more curious and so they'll want to really really move their mouse over and read it instead =p It is kinda sad though how its finally ended =( but it was great from the very beginning to the end Anime smallmouth

Laughing Going to the 4th page from now on would definitely be a good idea fighterholic =p
aya_honda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:52 am Reply with quote
It's so nice to see that other people have the same interests as I do. As I said in another thread, only I am a really manga addict and so it's a pleasure to see other people enjoying the same things as much as I do.

Fighterholic wrote:
Quote:
You know when I first started reading the manga I was trying to find the volumes in second hand bookstores, but they're so popular that for a while I couldn't find them (in Japan).

Trust me: I understand you perfectly and if it wasn't for one of my friends (to whom I must thank again and again - not a manga addict or interested in any way, but a very good friend who understands my obssession) Smile I wouldn't have known the ending.

cerulean88 wrote:
Quote:
yay~ that makes 2 of us =D yep i totally agree, typing down the ending here when a majority of people overseas haven't read it would be a shame, even if the spoiler tag was put on, that really doesn't help as it makes people even more curious and so they'll want to really really move their mouse over and read it instead =p

Well, usually the spoiler tag makes me even more curious. For instance, I started to read Death Note cause many people here recommended it and there are many threads with Death Note and spoilers. Trust me it really takes everything from my powers not to read there. Shocked

As the ending, yes, I agree with you. It really fits the whole story. A well written manga, with topics so humain and so powerful, everything in a realistic note... Hmmm, I think that this thread should actually be called "The Praising of Fruits Basket". Smile
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:25 am Reply with quote
Well, I just hope some idiot doesn't come along and not use spoilers on the ending. This is the first spoiler tag I'm wanting to look at but can't because of what it contains. ALthough there were a couple of Death Note spoilers I saw that gave it away for me such as spoiler[L dies and Ryuk wrote Light's name in the Death Note at the end.]
aya_honda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:33 am Reply with quote
Fighterholic wrote:
Quote:
ALthough there were a couple of Death Note spoilers I saw that gave it away for me such as spoiler[L dies and Ryuk wrote Light's name in the Death Note at the end.]

I told you that for me is hard to resist the temptation and you introduce a spoiler on Death Note. Very Happy
Hopefully, no one will have the bright idea of posting something about the ending without a spoiler. Hey, I'm new at this and sometimes I'm tormenting myself on how to use the quote or the spoiler but I'm doing my best and hopefully everyone will do the same thing.

Last edited by aya_honda on Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
cerulean88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:18 am Reply with quote
brownies yeah!! Death Note!! The spoilers are everywhere here but then my best friend told me about it anyways so i know the ending though i haven't read the manga and i was so psyched to read it but after knowing the ending, it no longer interests me anymore. But the movie is a MUST watch, i can't wait for the 2nd one =) O dear and yes i agree with you fighterholic, i hope some idiot wouldn't come in and start spitting the whole thing out. I know that you can definitely find lots of sites that contains the ending of Furuba but then we don't need it here yet right guys?? =)

Aya_honda: well if you want to quote someone, you click the button next to the reply one and then for the spoiler tags, you just highlight the things that you think/don't want people to see and click the spoiler button at the most right on the many buttons on top of the message body column. O and 1 other thing if you don't mind me asking...あなたは日本人ですか?? =)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 170