• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Fillers: About to End?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
coldspider wrote:
What's your point? The fact is that the first couple of episodes of GT aren't particularly good,GT doesn't good until the Bebi saga.The first eps weren't that bad per se,they just weren't that impressive.
Just becasue a bunch of snot nosed punks that download them doesn't like them, doesn't mean the people that watch it on TV won't. Now, if they do skip the 64-ish episodes that really flippn', say it with me, stupid.

As for ShoPro approach to the filliers, why worry about it? They will dub them, and they will be on TV. Fun did skip the Black Star Dragonball space hunt, but they gave us "Here's what happen in 16 epiodes that we skipped only to repackage them down them road as the "Lost Episodes". episode, which didn't help the fact that they skip a good chunk of the story. I REALLY didn't like the fact they release the last 3/4 of it first, only to release the 1/4 down the road. If I watch to watch a series, it's Ep 1-64, not 16-64 then 1-15. That's like starting to watch, uh popular show, Lost in the 2nd season and wondering what the heck happened.

The point I was making is nobody cares execpt those that are making a big deal out of it. If don't like the filliers... well, you shouldn't be downloading them anyway, but don't watch them. I'm sure the day when they get back to the main story and Naurto dawns his black and orange track suit, Naurto fans will hold their headbands high.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote
silver_omicron wrote:
Is the fact that manga comes out slower just the way it is? Or can it be said that the artists are being lazy? Because if you can manage 25 minutes of moving pictures more quickly then eighty pages of drawn panels, I'm not really sure what to think.
There are other people on here much more capable than me to answer your question about the manga.

I always thought it came out slower because it was only one or two people doing the drawing and story. Where as anime you have a whole studio working on the project. And a lot of artists aren't willing to make manga at any faster rate than the magazines they are serialized in, so the pacing is already there.

Least thats what I always thought, but someone else might be able to give you a better answer than that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ragg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:30 pm Reply with quote
IMO its half and half. The people who make Naruto (sorry im still not completely obsessed to remember company names, i only started 2 weeks ago Very Happy Embarassed ) dont want to end the series in a bad fashion. Also, the manga artists might be lazy, but as I don't really like to read manga, or it could just be that the company is urging people to read the manga by stalling the show. All we can hope for is that after the fillers, the series will be the way it started, which was good small laughs+good character ability devlopment+great action. I'm hoping that's what happens. Also, does anyone else think that Naruto is going be a verrryyy longg anime like 400 or more eps? I mean he is a Genin, and wants to be a Hokage.... I think if they just stuck in a "5 years later" thing that it would kill the anime.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Ragg wrote:
Also, the manga artists might be lazy, but as I don't really like to read manga, or it could just be that the company is urging people to read the manga by stalling the show.
But thats the thing with Naruto, there is plenty of manga to go off of. I don't think it has to do with laziness.

It has to do with the fans which want to get back to the story-line, and watch this one advance the way it is meant to. Simply put, it seems that the story-line in the anime went to the crapper, while the one in the manga remains at least consistent. Least thats what I hear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ragg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
But thats the thing with Naruto, there is plenty of manga to go off of. I don't think it has to do with laziness.

It has to do with the fans which want to get back to the story-line, and watch this one advance the way it is meant to. Simply put, it seems that the story-line in the anime went to the crapper, while the one in the manga remains at least consistent. Least thats what I hear.

That sounds about right to me. As I don't read Manga I was just taking a stab. Oh well as long as Sasuke does not die (Which i bet he does..) its ok
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Ragg wrote:
I mean he is a Genin, and wants to be a Hokage.... I think if they just stuck in a "5 years later" thing that it would kill the anime.

Heh... irony~

Seriously though, that's what I'm looking forward to the most Wink
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
They should just change the title to "Naruto Z" and get it over with. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:44 pm Reply with quote
"Naruto GT" would probably work better. After all, Naruto is nothing but filler filler filler right now. I know! Let's revive Zabuza as Super Zabuza, and then search the universe for the 7 Black Ramen.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
"Naruto GT" would probably work better. After all, Naruto is nothing but filler filler filler right now. I know! Let's revive Zabuza as Super Zabuza, and then search the universe for the 7 Black Ramen.
Laughing thats awesome!
Cyborg 009

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:54 am Reply with quote
Naruto shouldn't be hokage. Kiba should. His All-Fours Jutsu was cool.
Ragg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:57 am Reply with quote
Cyborg 009 wrote:
Naruto shouldn't be hokage. Kiba should. His All-Fours Jutsu was cool.

Akimaru should be Hokage..... that'd be a great twist..
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
"Naruto GT" would probably work better. After all, Naruto is nothing but filler filler filler right now. I know!
.... I meant for the Part 2 of the series.
Cyborg 009

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:46 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Ragg
Akimaru should be Hokage..... that'd be a great twist..[/quote]

Cool plot: Neji becomes Hokage, but Kiba kills him, and then he gets a fatal disease. On his deathbed, he passes his power to Akamaru.

Does anyone know where I could find a Kiba costume?
Ragg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Cyborg 009 wrote:

Cool plot: Neji becomes Hokage, but Kiba kills him, and then he gets a fatal disease. On his deathbed, he passes his power to Akamaru.

Does anyone know where I could find a Kiba costume?

The way it's going we should just become the writers of Naruto... The fillers had better end at 200, what is it at now 195? 196? Only a couple more episodes I guess. Or maybe they are waiting for the dub to catch on in America for those people who just watch toonami...
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
Now while I'm not defending the Narutards out there who will only support the free methods of experiencing Naruto, there has been something all Naruto fans who have experienced the filler have paid, and that's time. That's 1750 minutes, 875 hours roughly (unless my math is wrong) that has been devoted thus far to a single viewing of each filler episode (and this isn't counting the 135 previous episodes).
1750 / 60 = 29 hours, not 875.

As I always do in posts about the Naruto filler, I'm going to post a link to this Ask John article.[/quote]
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6