• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Gundam Build Fighters Try

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laureninspace

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
belvadeer wrote:
I need to finish Gundam AGE faster so I can get to the first season and this.

Or better yet, you could just skip AGE entirely.

I had really high hopes for Gundam Hair (the only true name for Gundam AGE) but we all know how that went. You really don't need to watch AGE to get GBF. Sure, they feature suits from every show that has come before it, but that's not integral to the plot and I only recognize about half of them.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
laureninspace wrote:
I had really high hopes for Gundam Hair (the only true name for Gundam AGE) but we all know how that went. You really don't need to watch AGE to get GBF. Sure, they feature suits from every show that has come before it, but that's not integral to the plot and I only recognize about half of them.

I know that. I'm watching it because I want to and I happen to like it. I'm currently in the second arc; I just haven't had time to marathon through it.
mike.villela

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
The reason there isnt a variety of international fighters right now is because its the Japanese Western Block qualifying round of the world tournament. Im sure later in the season we'll see the world tournament
MaxGoof

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
laureninspace wrote:

I know that. I'm watching it because I want to and I happen to like it. I'm currently in the second arc; I just haven't had time to marathon through it.

Good for you! I loved AGE, and the second part was by far my favorite. SUPER PILOTO!!!

That said, Build Fighters is a better overall show and a lot more fun, but enjoy AGE too.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, AGE was pretty standard in the first arc, the 2nd arc turned out to be pretty good. The 3rd arc...that...ouch. Jumped overboard. It wasn't without merit, and had a lot of cool ideas. Most of the suits and characters were lacking.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Well, the show has growth to it, this episode was bit more unpredictable than it has been in the past or feel less like a commercial.

I do wonder if the show is breezing by pretty quickly. Hard to believe its a 25 episode show, yet were in the finals by episode 6.
TheWolfhart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Well, the show has growth to it, this episode was bit more unpredictable than it has been in the past or feel less like a commercial.

I do wonder if the show is breezing by pretty quickly. Hard to believe its a 25 episode show, yet were in the finals by episode 6.

Well the previous anime series spoiler[introduced the main characters in 2 episodes, took 4 episodes for the regional tournament and after 3 episodes of introducing new characters and their gunpla, the world tournament began on episode 10.]

I'm not sure this show's tournament works the same way, though.
bacondreamer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
One little thing, I've been following GBFT discussions on some other forums and according to one, Build Burning isn't supposed to be a G-Gundam reference, they hadn't realized that was the name the mech had in the US!

Oh they VERY much know that God Gundam is named Burning Gundam in the US, hell THEY CHANGED IT so that it doesn't have the God vs Devil reference when the show came to the US.

laureninspace wrote:

I am just not ready to give up. I see G-Gundam everywhere. Didn't one of the Team Song Dynasty Vase girls' gunpla look a little like Nobell?

Yup! one was Nobel Gundam and the other was Rising Gundam, both of which were piloted by female character in G-Gundam (Alenby & Rein respectively).

The reference to G-Gundam is all over this show so far. The rumor is Sekai's master is female, and looking at silhouette during the opening I'm going with spoiler[Rein look alike]
chronium

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:

Don't forget they're still at the Regionals they still have the Nationals to deal with.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:01 am Reply with quote
My old sadness is trying to rationalize how Gyanko can keep relevant. Being in THE tournament during a show built around it really seems needed. I mean I could watch the beautifully handled tournaments in Chihayfuru because everyone had interesting matches and no one was assured victory.

Now it seems poor Gyanko is out for the count, like Kirara the Gunpla Idol from Season 1 of GBF. Will there be a special seed, or some sorta crazy promotion to get some beloved characters into Nationals who were beaten at Regionals? I hope so.

Maybe the Gunpla battling will take place outside the tournament a bit more often? Whatever gets Gyanko in more, I say!
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:53 am Reply with quote
It looks like Gyanko been thrown into the backburner as a support character lurking in the background. You have to laugh at the over the top drama of people "dying" off the compedition. *shakes his head*

Sekai going need to learn to grow as fighter if he want's to keep his team in the competition. If his latest rival knows how to fight his school of fighting, he'll have to be more than predictable. A side note, he's going to have learn something or find someone keep Burning Build Fighter going, his model was made by master, not amature. Once it breaks, he'll be done.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I've always referred to the show as Gundam Best Friends, personally

No no no, the first season was Gundam Boy Friends, I mean you did just describe it as a bromance after all. Razz
laureninspace

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Quote:
I've always referred to the show as Gundam Best Friends, personally

No no no, the first season was Gundam Boy Friends, I mean you did just describe it as a bromance after all. Razz

I've definitely heard that one, too!
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
"Okay, we just don't have enough silly dialogue in our battles guys-" "What really?" "Yes really ANYWAY so we need to add more to the next episode and fast." "Well, we could always bring back spoiler[Yuuki], they had a lot of silly lines last season?" "DONE."
I am convinced that is how part of the episode's planning session went.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
I'm really glad that we're finally done with this tournament. GBF got way better when it went to nationals, and I think the same is going to happen here. We've already got one returning character, so I hope we'll get to see a lot more of them soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7