• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The Last -Naruto the Movie-'s Theme Song CD Focuses on Hinata, Naruto

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Lelouch Vi wrote:
This person just called Hinata underdeveloped while saying sometimes Sakura..... Hinata has done more then Sakura has and I swear if Kishi tried to pull NarutoxSakura I'd fly to Japan and smack the sh*t out of Kishi

Are you talking about the anime or the manga? Because as of the current showings of Naruto Shippuden on Toonami, the exact opposite of what you are saying is true.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes. Other times, she's just as infuriating.
Mikulia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Lelouch Vi wrote:
This person just called Hinata underdeveloped while saying sometimes Sakura..... Hinata has done more then Sakura has and I swear if Kishi tried to pull NarutoxSakura I'd fly to Japan and smack the sh*t out of Kishi

Are you talking about the anime or the manga? Because as of the current showings of Naruto Shippuden on Toonami, the exact opposite of what you are saying is true.

Not if you remove all the fillers, because honestly, so far everytime i asked for any NS to show me where the hell is their so called development, all they do is to trow fillers, parallels and scenes that actually ended up as comedy relief.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quote
And just about all of Hinata's scenes, period, are fillers.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Just throwing this out there, but はじめて would definitely mean 'first' if it was suppose to be 初めて but if it was suppose to be 始めて it can be more like 'the beginning' and both use the same hiragana. Also afaik, 初恋 is the more common way to say specifically 'first love'. So maybe it isn't actually referring to one of the girls' crushes from way back and maybe instead of a romantic love, its more like a familial love towards the people in Konoha.

Perhaps I am reaching (ok definitely reaching), but I don't see why the tag line for a time skip epilogue movie would be about a crush from very early on in season 1. Why bother to time skip forward if the plot is based on an event even further in the past? Just seems like if you're going to time skip to have a movie epilogue that it would probably be more related to what happened after the Sasuke/Naruto fight and how they build things up from there.
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Why is Hinata dressed as Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII?
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I ship this
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I've always rooted for Hinata and Naruto.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
What self respecting human being would ever bee a NarutoXsakura fan?
Zellion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
iAmDot wrote:
Aaand its Sasuke he ended up with....just kidding Smile

LOL the only relationship you're going to see Sasuke in, is the one he has with Kish...

On a serious note. I'm not really one for romance in mainstream mangas like these, but I really hope it's Hinata...
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:40 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
I am no Naruto Major, only watch it on Adult Swim. So maybe I am missing something. But where does this Hinata as a 'real' romantic prospect come from. Yeah, she has a crush on him, just like Naruto has a crush on Sakura. But I haven't seen any kind of movement or interest on Naruto's part. On the other hand I have seen that on Sakura's part.

The two biggest scenes in Shippuden I know of:

- Hinata fighting against Pein, confessing her love for Naruto as her reasoning for her actions, and then when Hinata was seemingly "killed" Naruto went crazy and turned into the Nine-Tailed Fox.
- Naruto losing hope and confidence in himself when Neji died protecting him and Hinata, and Hinata makes him slap out of it. Naruto does somewhat acknowledge Hinata's feelings during his inner monologue and took hold of her hand, but I don't think he verbalized it to her himself yet.

Then there's the scene from the first half of the series after Neji defeated Hinata during the Chunin Exams where Naruto vows to defeat him while holding some of Hinata's blood in his fingertips.

Naruto and Sakura have a lot more moments together, I think, but I'm more of a NaruHina shipper. I really can't see Naruto and Sakura having more than a brother-sister relationship. My personal opinion though.
IchigoKurosakiHollowfi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
This is truely sad for me tbh, because I am a huge NaruSaku fan and have been sense I started watching/reading Naruto 4 years ago, however, no matter who Naruto may end up with in the manga and or movie, I will still ship my OTP anyways. C:
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm for Naruto X Sakura for two reasons:

1. I don't much care for Hinata. She has her moments, but not many, and her personality rubs me the wrong way.

2. Naruto has been crushing on Sakura the whole time. He's made huge sacrifices in his pursuit of her. And she *has* shown some a certain amount of reciprocal feelings towards him (as noted by Yamato, among others). I'd like to see him get what he's been going after for so long... and that's *not* Hinata.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
They've built up the failures of the past generation too much that I'm starting to tilt my eyebrows. And in all those cases (Jiraiya, Tobi), there's the girl that got away.
Zellion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
I'm for Naruto X Sakura for two reasons:

1. I don't much care for Hinata. She has her moments, but not many, and her personality rubs me the wrong way.

2. Naruto has been crushing on Sakura the whole time. He's made huge sacrifices in his pursuit of her. And she *has* shown some a certain amount of reciprocal feelings towards him (as noted by Yamato, among others). I'd like to see him get what he's been going after for so long... and that's *not* Hinata.

I get that Naruto has has a crush on Sakura for a long time, but it's not a real justification for them to be together.. And in all fairness, her feeling for Naruto have only appeared since her slowly declining faith in Sasukes humanity.

Which ever way you spin it, Naruto would just be a consolation prize to Saukura. Where as Hinata has always valued Naruto. Even before Sakura did.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5