• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you read your manga on?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:41 am Reply with quote
The couch, with my back straigtened against the armset and my legs lifted and stretched on the couch.
Gage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:30 am Reply with quote
Bed. Smile
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
On my bed or on the can. Smile

However, for some reason, whenever I read manga, I tend to feel sleepy. Why is that?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andersonfan16

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I read manga wherever i am at when the urge to read manga hits me. Usually end up sitting on my bed reading with books spread out around me or roaming around the house with the book in my line of vision. Not my problem if the dog doesn't move while I'm reading.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote
My bed. It's not very comfortable, but it's the best I've got.

My record for reading manga is 8 hours solid, but that was in front of my computer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Maryohki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
GODS I want one of those sumo bean bag things!

I read either on my bed, computer chair, or the couch.
Doctor who

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I do read in bed before I fall asleep, but the couch is my favorite spot. And I'll sit at the computer if I'm chatting while I happen to be reading as well.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quote
Wherever I feel the urge to. At home, I've been known to laze about Sunday afternoons on the couch, which seems to be my favorite place. In my room, I'll just lie in bed, and on occasion, sit in front of the computer. At school, there are a variety of places. For starters, there's the bed in my dorm room (I cannot stand reading on this wooden chair). I'll also read in the time gap between classes, either in the business school's lobby or in the book stacks at the library (nice and quiet there). There was also the one-time deal where I started reading at a gas station while waiting for my car to pass state inspection.
aya_honda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:
I'll also read in the time gap between classes, either in the business school's lobby or in the book stacks at the library (nice and quiet there).

Oh, I'm glad to see that I'm not alone with this custom. Wink I usually don't leave my house without having something to read and especially in between classes if I'm bored, don't feel like talking or for the simple fact that I am too damn curious to know what happens next in the manga that I'm currently reading. Embarassed Very Happy
kolibri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:58 am Reply with quote
I prefer my sofa with my feet up... but I think I clearly need a sumo bean bag for this purpose. If I'm pressed with time I can read manga while I'm ironing or cooking, and quite often I read manga on the bus. One tankobon album takes about 45 minutes for me, which is pretty much exactly how much my trip to work and back takes... but that limits the type of manga to what I can read in public... or leave at my desk at work for that matter Wink Currently at my desk is the latest volume of NANA, I just couldn't wait until I'd get home Smile
Torhu_San

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I read in my office on my lunch break at work. Sometimes I will come home and read it on my couch before my boyfriend comes home, and then I know it's time to start dinner.
Raicho

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:12 am Reply with quote
I usually lay down on my bedroom floor on my stomach to read manga, either that or I'll sit on a couch, but I'm usually on the floor.
smoochy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I usually give all my manga a read through from a comfortable spot, like my bed or a couch. Larger editions, like Vertical's Ode to Kirihito, or Buddha, or Akira and the like, I read at a desk, because I tend to get sleepy reading, and I find I can concentrate better if I'm sitting at a desk.
icebeast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quote
I almost always read on my bed cause its nice and comfy and being a college student I don't really have any other piece of furniture which feels good to sit on... plus I tend to read before I go to bed early in the morning so it makes it easy to just kinda move from reading to sleeping.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:20 am Reply with quote
Well I have a few prefered locations. I will read wherever I am if I am not by one of my prefered spots. Here are the usual places though where I read my manga and anything else.

---On my nice soft dark brown leather recliner chair in my room, with the foot rest of course. You can just fall right into this thing and it's so comfy.

---Laying in my bed, or whoever's bed I'm in Shocked , with my back propped up. I can't read laying flat, gotta be propped up.

---Sitting at my desk in the guest room. Usually I fill out bills and write checks, or make resin models, here. Might get bored and open one of the volumes I keep in the drawer. My emergency stash heh.

---On the sofa in the living room with my legs hanging over the end. It's actually a "love seat" so it seats 2 tightly. Being 6'1 means my feet dangle over the side.

I also will read in the break room at my new job, or any previous ones, and also I used to read in between my college classes.

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7