• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter X Hunter Manga Resumes in Shonen Jump in August

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex555

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quote
i don't fully understand why everyone hates the new arch but i think its good. why i like it and why i like the whole series is because you get to see Gon and his bff Kilua grow as a individuals (but i also like all the characters so don't take it the wrong way) and that's what i like to see the growth of the characters. I'm so psyched for the new chapters.
creepleader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote
Hey whom ever says that hunter x hunter's latest arc is lame or bad it wrong and people keep saying that it doesn't have to anything with the plot will i disagree spoiler[In the Greed Island arc it shows how Gon has started to improve his skills but it didn't do that much against ginseru unless you think he would have beaten ginseru without have to soak him in "you know what" to win. and in the ant arc it showed us how he is even more useless than before even thought he had learned more but still he wasn't able to beat the captains without his transformation so how the hell can he go and find his father while he is this weak huh.]
jtstellar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:31 am Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:
jtstellar wrote:
rofl and just what's wrong about that.. art isn't like the maintenance of daily utilities where some guy can just provide you with routine work and call it a day. when was the last time someone drew out of desperation to cover his living expenses and had to resort to the most cliche' theme of the masses that turned out to be an epic work at the end.

Um, have you even seen some of the "artwork" Togashi has turned in to WSJ? They're no more than sketches. (He later finishes them for the tankoubon release.)

Also, as others have already said, Togashi doesn't draw out of desperation to cover his living expenses...

ya well but at least for me, if you look at some of the raw scans of first chapters of some debuting artists who are eager to make a name for themselves or just to start some title for the sake of starting it, even some of his most horrible sketches beat these new manga even on their initial debut-- where you are supposed to give it your best and make an impression?.

true hxh author may be leaning to the lazy side, but all i am saying is--hey, at least offer him some competition. can't blame the guy for being lazy when the rest of the pack is so far behind.

and doesn't he at least finish his drawing at the end? then all is well, like i said, by competitive-standards.

these artist communities self-inspire.. i am fairly confident that if there were some overwhelming manga golden age where one good work continues to best another, hxh author would either quit or work a lot harder than he is now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3