• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Cassandra Hodges Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NamaeX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:02 am Reply with quote
Wow, what a circus of comments this has become. ANN, that was cold, a facebook post that was meant to express condolences now has everyone in a frenzy over here. Couldn't wait until the dust settled could you?
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:10 am Reply with quote
celestialwolven wrote:
I understand your skepticism, but maybe you could have sent the accusatory remark to me via private message, rather than as a reply to one of my comments here? That would have been only slightly less demeaning.
Try to understand, there are some truly sick people out there who troll threads just like this one. A little skepticism in the main forum is good, especially without links or the poster having an established rep. I doubt any offense was intended.

This is a sad event. It seems like she had a promising start on what might have been a very rewarding career. I can imagine the pain and confusion everyone who knew her is going through since my uncle committed suicide years ago. You always wonder if you did something or if you could have done something differently to change the outcome.

I just hope she is at peace now. 28 years is not nearly long enough to learn if your life is worth living.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:19 am Reply with quote
Wow, what sad news. It seems like she was generally a "voice extra", as she didn't really have a major role, but then again, she could have been only about a year or two away from a major breakout role.

And yet, apparently she chose to end it like this. How sad. Just like the dude who played Kaijinbo in InuYasha, maybe her brief legacy will live on in the form of that one episode in FMA:B she was in getting a new sense of popularity.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:15 am Reply with quote
Very sad to hear this. She's very cute and way too young Sad I agree it was early in her career and in a year or two she could have had some great roles on her resume.

LagannImpact wrote:
maybe her brief legacy will live on in the form of that one episode in FMA:B she was in getting a new sense of popularity.

Who did she play?
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote
What horrible news. I hope her family and friends can find strength and comfort. She left the world too soon.
DieHardBleachFan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:26 am Reply with quote
Wow, such sad news Sad. 28 is much too young. My deepest condolences to all who knew and loved her.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:04 am Reply with quote
I've never heard her voice, but it's sad to read something like this. She was too young... ;_;
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:10 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
And yet, apparently she chose to end it like this. How sad. Just like the dude who played Kaijinbo in InuYasha, maybe her brief legacy will live on in the form of that one episode in FMA:B she was in getting a new sense of popularity.

Or this might cause her to pull a Heath Ledger.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:15 am Reply with quote
uncutpokemon wrote:
LagannImpact wrote:

Or this might cause her to pull a Heath Ledger.
The way I understand it Ledger died of stupidity with prescription drugs, not suicide. Without personally knowing the woman, we can only speculate as what and why she chose to end her life at a position many would have given one of their organs for, but having said that, whatever it was it must have been a terribily heavy burden on her mental state to drive her to such a conclusion. Usually someone like that would be sending out crys of help in even the most subtlest forms. It would seem no one heard her, or if they did she refused to listen to reason. Still no less tragic news, and my sincere condolences go to her surviving family and friends. All too often it seems the anime news has reports of people involved passing away leaving the industry that much less in talent creating and sharing their love and passion for the art, and hardly ever reports of new and fresh blood to carry it on. Truely sad news indeed. Crying or Very sad
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:10 am Reply with quote
Let's try not to delve into metaphysics and/or pop culture recurrences.

The poor girl is dead, that's all that matters here. Truly tragic, no matter the cause. I hope her family will be okay and that she rests soundly in peace.

God, only a year older than me.
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:21 am Reply with quote
How awful, and at such a young age too, what a tragedy... My condolences to the family.
Pahyum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote
It seems most of you just know or know of Cassi from her voice acting work.

I don't. I'm one of her personal friends. We grew up together.

It is very sad what happened. Cassi was a fantastic, wonderful person. There is a saying about how when someone is gone the world gets a bit darker. That phrase never made sense till now.

If she only knew how painful this would be for us who are left, she wouldn't have done it. But she didn't know.

That's why I wanted to say something. I want people to understand that pain. If she knew, she'd still be here.

She is a person truly worth missing and truly worth loving.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:10 am Reply with quote
celestialwolven wrote:
I was a friend of hers on Facebook. And we met four or five times at various conventions. She was such a warm, loving, and carefree person. She was apparently going through something very difficult and couldn't handle it. She took her own life. Let this be a reminder for everyone that we need to always cherish those we care about, and always be aware of their feelings and offer a shoulder to cry on if they need it. You never know who could be hurting inside. Especially when they hide it behind a facade of smiles.

She commited suicide?That's appaling,very tragic.She was too young to take her own life,obviously she needed some counsuling but didn't know where to find it. She was only 28?She was the exact same age as me.

If she knew where to turn to: Jesus Christ she would have been saved and wouldn't have wanted to take her own life and would have wanted to live on.

I remember numourous times in high school when I tried to take my own life,everybody hated me because I wasn't exactly normal at the time, then I got a life threatening illness and things around me changed, my life was never the same again.

Cassie, your were too young to end it all. My spirit weeps and grieves for you and your family.

R.I.P. Cassandra Hodges 1983-2011.

Last edited by GrilledEelHamatsu on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
stararnold

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote
It sucks when an actor/actress kicks the bucket after such a short amount of years in the biz. Hodges could have had another several decades in the voice acting biz and shine further if not for what caused her demise. May she rest in peace.
irishninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote
Ugh, so young; so sad. My condolences to her family, friends, and co-workers. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5