• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ERASED (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:
The piece of paper that the mom left was in a notebook, but I doubt it was a note. It was about the size typically used to write down contact information, and she found it just before making a phone call. I suspect that it's the contact information for the detective who investigated the kidnapping in the past.

They were pretty deliberate about showing him putting it in his pocket. Maybe he some how brought it to the past with him? But you're right, the same piece of paper could exist in the past.

Raftina wrote:
As for Airi:
Plot twist! Hinazuki was not murdered but sold into slavery. Airi is Hinazuki's child. By saving Hinazuki, Airi disappears.

Heh, I actually did have a similar thought.

But LOL: so many questions about murder and kidnapping and frame ups but the question everyone really wants answered is why the neighbour opened the door uninvited.
Kamagor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:59 pm Reply with quote
This so far has been the saving grace for the Winter 2016 selection. Haven't seen anything else (Not including season continuations) that came close to be interesting like this show. I understand the character, he's not some young kid with the usual nonsense tropes, and it ends in a way that has me really wanting more. I hope this show pans out.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

That was great

The character expressions, interactions between Satoru and Hinazaki, and the dialogues captured the magic of the storytelling. Good theme songs as well and I like the symbolism thrown in there.

What I also like this episode is how they give Satoru's chance to connect with his family and friends. The comedy is good too, nothing really cheesy and all in tact. Another solid week of ERASED and I hope it can keep up with this momentum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:57 am Reply with quote
Back to school & childhood.
Satoru was beyond confused.
But it's also a huge change to fix everything.
Some of his friends were acting a bit mysterious.
Great episode!
Will be watching this anime!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:59 am Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:
Some of his friends were acting a bit mysterious.

Yeah, that blond kid certainly bears watching. Not sure if he's some sort of ringer who knows what's really going on, or just smart enough to pick up on what's going on with Hinazaki and that Satoru is worried about that.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

So we know that she already had thoughts about running away, and was likely being abused. Kind of crazy that no school councillors took notice of a giant SOS. We also got confirmation of the sort of area where her body was found, some place cleared after snow.

What we don't know is who the other person who died was (will be). The promotional art for the series shows our two lead character huddled up somewhere, like a secret base situation, and it also includes another girl, who is a bit too out of frame to identify.

Oh, on this being a mystery, Aoi Yuuki is voicing Kayo and the voice used reminds me of Fremy, which I feel good about.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:59 am Reply with quote
I wonder why they can openly talk about Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, and Famicom, but had to only vaguely name Kamen Rider Black?
12skippy21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:12 am Reply with quote
Easily the most interesting series this season though while too early to speculate you would imagine the murders in 1988 and spoiler[ the death of the mother] would be commited by the same person. The glimpse we saw came from someone who looked young, or was at least young looking.

If I wanted to pick the most interesting, though probably darkest path, would be that this murder is commited by one of the kids in his class, perhaps their first victim, who then went on to commit more acts as they grew older. It could also be that a parental figure started killing but roped their child into commiting the acts who then carried on the legacy ala Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Kenya would fit the bill on this for now. I have not read the manga so this is just speculation.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

The pace seemed to slow down a bit, which may be natural as the first episode is designed to grab the audience. We start to find out more about Hinazuki, adding another level of interest. On the other hand, I'm getting strong flashbacks to a certain manga I read (A Distant Neighborhood by Jiro Taniguchi, which is excellent) which also involves a character being suddenly thrown back to childhood prior to a life-changing event, discovering that spoiler[no matter what he does he cannot change the past]. This is making me think the ending may be predictable; predictability is not always bad depending on the execution. What I have seen so far gives me hope it will be handled well.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:34 pm Reply with quote
^ I don't think it can be predictable in the way you implied, since we've already seen that he can spoiler[change the past and has frequently done so.]
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote
^There is a big difference in changing something that happened a few minutes ago and changing things that happened years ago. I was just thinking that the story might take the direction of spoiler[having Satoru come to terms with the past as opposed to changing things].
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm liking it so far, but I have a few nitpicks:

-The premise is a murder/kidnapping mystery where the protagonist spoiler[reverts back to a child] and he has to find a man in black? Sounds like a Seinen version of "Detective Conan," doesn't it?

-The age of Satoru and his mother. Satoru looks like he's a college freshman at oldest, and yet he's 29, and his mother doesn't look much older than him and yet she's 50.

-Satoru's mother really suffers from Dull Surprise. She is always drawn with a neutral expression and her voice sounds monotone. It gets really blatant when spoiler[she gets stabbed, and yet she sounds completely calm during all of it].

-Knowing nothing about the manga, I'm going to guess that spoiler[Satoru's teacher did it]. The way he's drawn gives me a "Life is Strange" vibe, and people who've played that game will know what I mean. Maybe I'm wrong and he could be a red-herring.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Another great episode. So we know where Kayo's injuries came from...

Damn it, I hate her mother. Seriously, beating on her own daughter?...
As usual, the class tries to pick on Kayo until Satoru came to her help. I'm glad to see Satoru standing up for her. Wouldn't be surprising if Megumi had it all planned out from the beginning.

The chemistry between Kayo and Satoru is still very appealing as they connect and grow closer. Loved the way the used the music as well (dat Yuki Kaijura). The ice skating part felt nostalgic. I hope the show can continuously deliver episodes like these for rest of the season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Kayo's face the moment she's accused, and when they find the money Sad Broke my heart.

Loving the little details this series uses just so damn well. I mean, after the money trouble, when Kayo explains that it was likely because of the pencil incident from before, I was just very much impressed by that. Creator could have done something like "She made fun of my tattered clothes" or "She would always laugh at my old-style back pack," like most stories would go, but her stubby pencils, of all things? Exactly the kind of thing a child would do.

So much I love about ERASED. Easily my favorite anime of the season.

P.S. Kayo looked so cute in her little pink sweater and name tag!
TRNielson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
So, I decided to wait this one out till a few episodes came out. My assumption was since it usually takes a few episodes for me to get invested in an anime, I should do the same here.

Man, was I wrong!

From the moment I started watching, this series has had me hooked. The plot has been fantastic (may give Steins;Gate a run for Best Time Travel Series I've seen at the rate it's going), characters very unique and individual to the series itself, and the animation phenomenal. If I had to nitpick (which I'm going to briefly) the only problem I'm having so far is the OP fits in as well as "Connect" did to Madoka Magica (in that it doesn't fit the tone of the series at all).

Three episodes in and this series is already making a strong argument for potential AOTY. It really takes a special anime to elicit disgust and hatred in the same episode you feel peace and delight in watching. Here's to hoping Satoru is the hero this anime deserves and needs right now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 14