• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mob Psycho 100 (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Pretty solid episode this week.

We got Ritsu who reached a new level of badass after meeting Dimple. I also really like the comedy of the show including Teru's PTSD scene. Funny stuff and the scene expressed about "freedom" with the aftermath made this episode memorable. Not sure I like Ritsu's new personality though, he definitely got more egoistic more than before.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:49 am Reply with quote
I would not call Ritsu "badass", strength wise he is pretty much insignificant to the two we have seen already; Mob and Teru. He has been acting pretty much the opposite of what his brother believes, and as bad as Teru was, Ritsu actually knows that he is doing something bad. Teru actually seems to have turned over a new leaf.

The show has shown true strength as the ability to overcome yourself, and in comparison Ritsu is coming across as actually pretty pitiful as he mistakes the power to do something, as a power that he should do something.
LordMaou

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I agree with you that Hanazawa has turned over a new leaf.

Did Hanazawa go get Mob and that's why he showed up after his brother defeated all the delinquents? I know he said he had to go ask Mob about it and then left, kinda wonder if he also told Mob where it was happening and then Mob went there.

Though Mob did come from the other side of the alley opposite of where Hanazawa was. So might of just been coincidence that he showed up.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

That was very intense, loved it.

Mob getting beatdown but awakens and goes complete badass. Bones animated the fighting chereography pretty well on most parts imo. It's very stylistic with the manga and didn't waste time getting to the point. Lol, I still can't get enough of Teru's hair. It's so funny to look at. The music combined with the choreography is still great.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LordMaou

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Loved the fighting going on in this episode. Mob finding people that he has to be 100% to take on will be interesting to see how the next episodes go.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Nice, it looks like the series is finally starting
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:42 am Reply with quote
Mob found a reason that he would fight, and that was to protect his brother. And despite his fighting aversion, it does not feel like it breaks his character because we can believe that he would find Ritsu to be more important.

Man was the fighting animation in this episode beautiful to watch. I find it very hard to believe the show could get any better than this, yet I am kind of wondering if the show could manage to do something impactful that subverts an expectation of a pure fighting conclusion.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

That moment when Mob said that he would take care of the guy himself.
Dimple has kind of grown on me.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:36 am Reply with quote
I didn't think we could have an outright boring episode of Mob Psycho but here we are. Reminds me of the worst parts of OPM.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

So the recuse operation continues...

Well, the episode had its memorable moments for sure especially when Teru gets attacked by Miyagawa. Thought Bones did a neat job at their confrontation.

Nice to see some of the other prominent members of Claw in action. Matsuo is a scary bastard. I think the episode also did a neat job at revealing the mastermind in the end. Be sure to watch after the credit theme song.
LordMaou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 10:
I think the episode also did a neat job at revealing the mastermind in the end. Be sure to watch after the credit theme song.

The mastermind at the end after the credits looks a lot like Arataka Reigen, Mob's employer/mentor, to me. If it is, that's a pretty big twist considering like the entire series so far has shown that he has basically no powers and is a con artist. But the aura and such that they feel in the after credits scene would mean that if it was him he's really good at hiding both his aura (Since Dimple felt nothing) and deception which would go along with the con artistry.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:36 am Reply with quote
So, aside from the tweest at the end that's either probably gonna ruin Reigen's character so far or be a gag in the next episode (Haha! Reigen actually fooled everyone in the organization! Isn't he such a good conman?), this episode felt like absolutely filler. Only one scene (Mob losing his shit again) had any sort of value, every other scene was kind of a reiteration of what's already happened set to cool animation, once again reminding me of the worst parts of OPM. Are we done with this whole Claw thing now? I hope we are.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:20 am Reply with quote
Filler? Ritsu getting caught and beaten was filler? The philosophical ideas may have been reinforced, but Dimple got caught, Sho was introduced as a force to be reckoned with, and I'm pretty sure Mob was still unconscious by the end of the episode. That all seems like very important aspects of the plot. I also have a bit of faith in the manga-ka that Reigen's character will not be ruined by the twist, and I'm on the edge of my seat as to how he'll pull it off.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:57 pm Reply with quote
They did seem like pointless plot beats, yes. I don't really care about Dimple and what's-his-name getting caught, Sho's done nothing note-worthy so far aside from being super hyped by manga readers, and Mob being unconscious is kind of a consequence of him losing his shit, so it wasn't one of the boring parts.

It's cool that you have faith in ONE not screwing it up but I have the complete opposite impression of him, so.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Damn, this episode was so exciting from start to finish. Reigen taking the fight against Claw using his own gimmicky attack moves was just so fun to watch.

The cliffhanger makes me really anxious for next week's episode though because it looks like Mob is about to explode in rage. Good action as usual, I just love the stylistic fighting elements of this series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5