• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Final Fantasy XV

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:09 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
I'm really curious to see next week’s sales numbers out of Japan. Japanese gamers have been tearing the game apart. The hatred I've been seeing for XV is unlike any other I've seen for a Final Fantasy game. It's getting the same level of hatred SO5 got, only magnified since FF is a much bigger franchise. -Stuart Smith

Curious about that too, cause we are not seeing that in the West that I know of. Then again, we haven’t seen the sales numbers for the West either.
partially wrote:
And the finishing the game in 13 hours is a bad thing? I think it is actually good. If you don't have a lot of gaming time and just want to play through the basic story you can. If you want to actually fully play the game through, you can do that too and get 40+ hours of game. It branches the game out into a lot of optional content unlike previous games. FF games (JRPGs in general really) are pretty notorious at adding a lot of padding to the games to reach 40 hours. Going back and forth, grinding mobs, etc. FFXV still has all the padding you want, just makes it more optional.

According to the devs, there was supposed to be 40 hours of gameplay for the main story line and about 120 hours for all the other stuff. Maybe you are right and 13 hours is enough time.
For me the clock is still ticking for Skyrim’s sequel. Though I can spend some time and try to finish the first Witcher, and see if it is just as good. Though Mass Effect Andromeda might have something to say about that.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Don't think the word on “games we've been waiting a decade for” is over with the release of Final Fantasy XV.

TLG applies to that statement more than XV. It only took 3-2 years for XV(only known as XV) to release.
Aphasial
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
Final Fantasy XV is like a mashup of Baz Luhrmann's Romeo+Juliet, Cars, the parts of FFXIII that were already sorta inspired by America, and the non-drunken bits of The Hangover…

Bravo to Square Enix!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3