• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Daichi Sorayomi Ends Keijo!!!!!!!! Aquatic Sports Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:45 pm Reply with quote
@relyat08 Am I taunting anyone here? No. Everyone acts differently bud. If I see a series I dislike come to an end then I'm going to express my joy. Don't like it? I'm sorry, but that's too bad. It's no different than someone reacting positively to a movie or series the majority dislikes.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
@relyat08 Am I taunting anyone here? No. Did I tell anyone not to Everyone acts differently. If I see a series I dislike come to an end then I'm going to express my joy. Don't like it? I'm sorry, but that's too bad. It's no different than someone reacting positively to a movie or series the majority dislikes.

If all you're doing is going into a thread to basically say good riddance and nothing more you are at best adding nothing of actual value to the discussion, and at worst simply leaving flamebait for others. You've also been warned before about leaving bait style posts like this with no real substance to them explaining why you dislike a show or manga. Consider this a last warning to you personally, and the others doing it here, to just stop.
Master Menos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:44 am Reply with quote
Considering that I found both versions of Keijo to be fun on my end, this is really saddening news. I'll go drown my sorrows in a videogame or something since I don't have any wine. Sad
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:47 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:

You mean the comment that now has a note attached to it saying the comment is unverified and probably fake?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:18 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Unfortunate that greatness has to end.

I see what you did there.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:29 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
The manabi line is irrelevant now. And has been for the last few years, if not longer. That's simply not how anime makes money.

The manabi line is a measure of piss poor disc sales. Of course disc sales is not the only success metric, there is the increase in original material (light novel and/or manga), which from what is being said on this thread Keijo!!! did not get any. There is also merchandise sales (which afaik keijo!!! didn't had any to start with) and last but not least, publicity (aka commercials) on the TV broadcast, but since no doubt Keijo!!! was shown past midnight, there was no significant revenue from that either.

So the sad lesson is that being popular on stream services just means that the anime production committee did not lost money on the production of the adaption, but that does not change the fact that many big (and some small) circulation magazines have been purging themselves from their less popular titles in hope of getting new series that will fare better.

Last edited by mangamuscle on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:53 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

You mean the comment that now has a note attached to it saying the comment is unverified and probably fake?

Well when i originally posted that link yesterday morning that note wasn't there and many people in the thread were going with that as well.

It wasn't my intent to misinform people, at the time that was the prevailing, and only theory, as to the end. Now there are other reports saying the series just reached it's natural endpoint
mooseV01

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:50 pm Reply with quote
What a bunch of pansies. Apparently we can only be nice to Keijo, otherwise you get your post deleted. Such censorship!

The series lasting as long as it did was the real miracle. If this was Jump or Weekly, it would have perished long ago.
Quoque tu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:28 am Reply with quote
mooseV01 wrote:
What a bunch of pansies. Apparently we can only be nice to Keijo, otherwise you get your post deleted. Such censorship!

That wasn't censorship. The goal of a discussion thread is to contribute to the conversation in some way. That wasn't contribution, because it didn't bring anything to the table. If you intend to criticize something, you should do so in a constructive manner. Mindless criticism is useless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3