• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
inspirational anime quotes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
"As long as you don't trouble anyone, it's okay to be abnormal" - Yuuko (I think), xxxHOLiC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quote
Guys, this has turned completely away from an "inspirational quote" thread and completely towards a "favorite quotes" thread.

Let's at least try to keep this to inspirational quotes, because the vast majority of the past couple dozen don't qualify.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:56 am Reply with quote
As I finished the Fate/Stay Night series just a few minutes ago, I found what Emiya said spoiler[regarding his loss of Saber and how he can still "be with her"] to very inspiring:

"It feels so close to me, yet I can't grasp it even if I extend my hands. Even so... Even if I can't reach it... There are things that will stay in my heart. Being in the same time...... and looking up at the same sky... If I can remember that, then even if we are far apart from each other, I believe that we can be together. I will run forward now. If I set my goal far enough, then someday... I'll be able to reach what I aimed for."
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quote
"The key to everything. To forgive each other, to promise each other." -- From Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Episode 26.
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:13 am Reply with quote
Not exactly from the anime but from the manga version to Hajime no Ippo/Fighting Spirit, Chief Kamogawa once said
"Sometimes hard work doesn't always pay off, but the people who succeed are the ones who worked hard."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ivorymoose

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quote
"I just want to win. I don't want to fight"
Chairman Durandal in Final Plus, Gundam Seed Destiny.
Yuriev

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:01 am Reply with quote
"Do you hate me?
All the same. Nothing's changed.
If nothing is done, nothing will ever change.
If you shoot me, will it go away?
If you shoot me, will it go away?
That hatred you carry?
I, too, once felt the feelings that you carry now.
I, too, asked "why?" to things whose true forms were invisible.
But, in the end, all I was left with was nothingness and disgust.
I was just like the rest of them.
And to that disgust we all carry, I simply say...
...no."

from Jung Zonedike in the final episode of Blue Submarine NO.6
BuckFutter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote
"For what they all seem to seek is to wage war, and endless desperate, blood-stained, struggles. Things quite close to crying loudly. I don't think they desire those things at all. On the contrary: all of this is their way of shouting and begging for death."

Arthur Hellsing, Hellsing.

Speaking on the curse of immortality, Hellsing attempts to rationalize the violent actions of undying vampires, and in doing so refutes immortality as a desireable elixir.

I think this next one speaks for itself:

"I mustn't run away."

Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion.
erily

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quote
" I don't want you to see the darkness that you don't have to see.. With that silly head of yours that doesn't think much.." -Natsume Hyuuga (gakuen alice/ alice academy)

" I'll protect Mikan with my own way and you protect her with your way." - Natsume Hyuuga ( Gakuen alice/ alice academy)

" In the end, only the fittest will survive in this world. If you're strong you live, if you're weak you die.." Seta Sojiro (rurouni kenshin)

These are my favorites!! I really love Natsume Hyuuga! Natsuma-kun daisukiii!!!! Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3