• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Dragon to be Toriyama's Final Anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quote
Cain Highwind wrote:
ChronoBall X wrote:

and if he stops doing Dragon Quest, the franchise will never be the same again,the only artist that comes close to his artwork is the character designer to Beet the vandel Buster

but still it will never be the same again.

Lies! I'd say Eichiro Oda would be the best to succeed Toriyama especially considering the mutual respect they have with one another.

Still you're right about that last part.

I think that's an insult to Toriyama. DBZ was good for it's time. I don't think it's aged well, but OP makes it look like the best thing ever. Oda is crap and I will stand by that. -_-
gutted.with.broken.glass.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:26 am Reply with quote
It is kinda sad, but I'm sure this will be an anime to be rememberd. I cant wait to see it! I haven't played the game, but it looks really cool.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quote
Super Ska Master wrote:
Cain Highwind wrote:
ChronoBall X wrote:

and if he stops doing Dragon Quest, the franchise will never be the same again,the only artist that comes close to his artwork is the character designer to Beet the vandel Buster

but still it will never be the same again.

Lies! I'd say Eichiro Oda would be the best to succeed Toriyama especially considering the mutual respect they have with one another.

Still you're right about that last part.

I think that's an insult to Toriyama. DBZ was good for it's time. I don't think it's aged well, but OP makes it look like the best thing ever. Oda is crap and I will stand by that. -_-

[Edgeworth] You're uninformed opinion is duely noted. [/Edgeworth]
B33

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:51 pm Reply with quote
The game is crap, but the anime sounds good. It'd be a shame if this is Toriyama's last anime project...
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Oda is definitely Toriyama's successor. He's hugely popular with his own wonderfully unique art style, and he's a fabulous storyteller. One Piece is the best thing in Shounen Jump and has been for years hands down, imho.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Hiraleth wrote:
Then we should all hope InuYasha isn't Takahashi last manga. Razz

Lets hope so, considering that she been producing the same stuff for a while. It's not as if she needs the money anymore, considering that's she one of the riches people in her country.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Deleted.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Super Ska Master wrote:

Now, now. One Piece isn't that bad. Yesterday I happened to read a bit of One Piece, and it didn't seem nearly as bad as how you describe it in that one thread you made in the Manga Forum. Yes, it's a stereotypical shounen series, but I'm sure there are certain aspects to the series that just enrapture fans, same with every other shounen series.

Yes, it is true that DBZ doesn't age well, but back in the day, when DBZ was in its prime, nobody cared how ridiculously long the fights were, or at least I didn't... The whole Dragon Ball franchise is classic, and no matter what anyone says they can't change that fact.

However, I wouldn't say that Oda's artwork is as similar to Toriyama's, or at least from what I've seen. I find Masashi Kishimoto (the manga-ka of Naruto) to have artwork more similar to Toriyama's, but that's just me.
ananda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm greatly looking forward to the Game!!! But I'm sure the Anime will be really interesting as well. Can't wait!
Riyousha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I feel sad for Mr. Toriyama because his designs for stuff like Dragon Ball Z and Chrono Trigger are great. But hopefully, Blue Dragon will be a success.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quote
Nah, Naruto's artwork does'nt come anywhere as close as DBZ, Naruto's artwork is more seriouse and bishounen like traditional bishounen animes like ninja scrolls or Trigun.

Onepiece however has a more cartoony feel to it like Fooly Cooly and Bobobobobo which makes onepiece goofy especially when Luffy makes goofy halariouse mouth dropping faces,but the story overall has some dramatic moments mixed with the comedy,which actually works. why else would 4kids license onepiece instead of viz?

Naruto on the other hand tries too hard to be funny when it does'nt work when it's meant to be a more serious animation,this is why Viz got to Naruto first.

so, in my opinion, the onepiece artwork would be a good replacement for toriyama.
namelissis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quote
Knowing Toriyama as one of the most successful people in the anime industry, it's really a sad news....

Man, he gave birth to DRAGONBALL, which is like the supah hit back in the days...

Since I look up to him, I'm going to support his last piece... Just hope the launching of this anime is great and would be really appreciated... Ganbatte Blue Dragon!!!
ananda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I don’t think anyone post this yet…

Get a Sneak Peek at the Blue Dragon Anime!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nFBZ7TM8Qw

^This looks awesome!!! And Zora is cool! Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3