• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sola

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Episode 7.....wtf?! Shocked

A bunch of stuff happened that are rather intriguing.

spoiler[- The roof of the church is completely destroyed. How the hell did that happen? And where could Takeshi and that the gothic loli girl Mayuko be now?
]

Well wasn't spoiler[the whole reason for boarding up the church that it was going to be demolished?] I thought they established that in episode 1 or 2.
mind over matter wrote:
but as we saw in the first episode, a yaka doesn't die easily...so I wonder what spoiler[yorito] was thinking..

spoiler[His eyes looked rather glazed over, I'm thinking that maybe Aono was controlling him somehow.]

Anyway, I'm wondering how Mayuko fits in to anything. I'm pretty sure I understand why Takeshi is looking for Matsuri, but not why Mayuko is looking for Matsuri or why she's travelling with Takeshi.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Xenosaga Episode III will be the death of me since that's taking up most of my usual time! Laughing

(of course, then my PS2 couldn't read the memory card so I have to get a new one and start all over again Mad )

Now episode 8 of sola is REALLY heating things up! spoiler[And this episode pretty much confirms that Aono is doing something to mess up Yorito's mind especially whne she tried to make him forget Matsuri. Though it does make you wonder again who or what is Yorito anyways. Lots of peeps speculated that Yorito is actually a creation by Aono to fill up the tragic void she had in the past.

And then there's another question of how Takeshi and Mayuko got seperated.]

Next episode! spoiler[It's the ultimate cat fight; Matsuri vs. Aono!!! Twisted Evil ]
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
spoiler[And then there's another question of how Takeshi and Mayuko got seperated.]

I think it's more a question of why than how. spoiler[I thought it seemed pretty obvious Mayuko just up and left.]

Something about Aono has been bugging me. spoiler[It looks like in the flashbacks before her suicide that on multiple occaisions she was outside in direct sunlight, but now she's vulnerable to it. Was she originally not a Yaka but Matsuri reviving her turned her into one? But then what about Yurito being dead and now not?]
omar235

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:13 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
spoiler[And then there's another question of how Takeshi and Mayuko got seperated.]

I think it's more a question of why than how. spoiler[I thought it seemed pretty obvious Mayuko just up and left.]

Something about Aono has been bugging me. spoiler[It looks like in the flashbacks before her suicide that on multiple occaisions she was outside in direct sunlight, but now she's vulnerable to it. Was she originally not a Yaka but Matsuri reviving her turned her into one? But then what about Yurito being dead and now not?]

I was thinking about that to. I think that you are right, spoiler[Matsuri probably turned Aono into a Yaka.] Sort of like how some vampire anime have spoiler[character die, and then get resurected by the vampire that cared about them cause they didn't wasnt them to die or because their death may have been one they caused.] It seems Matsuri spoiler[thought that suicide wasn't the answer for Aono. ]

I have to say Aono was spoiler[deffinatly [expletive] his mind up "not here...anymore...not here" ] Shocked

Heh...you said a spoiler[cat fight]. Laughing
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:06 am Reply with quote
Just watched Episode 8...Um, wow.

Looks like spoiler[Aono is screwing things up for everyone and everyone is screwing things up for Aono.] When have we ever seen such a bitter fight for one male since Shuffle!?

I'm loving this.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm certainly liking how things are going. This is easily in my Top 3 new anime for this season (the others being Nanoha and HitoHira.... which are suffering from very, very slow fansub releases). I think its safe to say we won't be getting an "Everyone lives happily ever after" ending. Romances between mortals and semi-immortal beings like vampires (or yaka) usually end bittersweet at best.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9 was definitely a lot more action packed and surprisingly enough spoiler[there were actually TWO battles going on; the awaited Matsuri vs. Aono (with Aono's paper master skills totally pwning her Mad) and Matsuri vs Takeshi. Heck, we got a lot more background of Takeshi and his relationship with Mayuko and how she became a Yaka. I think it's safe to say that their main story is done.

Man, how can Matsuri take all this abuse? Make you wonder what her final outcome will be.]
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
Bunny~ punch! Laughing

So, yeah, we finally got a good look at Mayuko and Takeshi's side of the story, though Takeshi's background still needs some more explaining. We know his motiviation, but we still don't know spoiler[how he found out how to (supposedly) turn Mayuko back to normal, how he went from little boy to vampire hunter (he had to get that sword somewhere), or why he singled out Matsuri.]
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Episode 9 was definitely a lot more action packed and surprisingly enough spoiler[there were actually TWO battles going on; the awaited Matsuri vs. Aono (with Aono's paper master skills totally pwning her Mad)]

Well, spoiler[of course there will be pwnage when one person doesn't even try to fight back.]

Anyway, I'm glad that at least two of my biggest questions have now been answered, although the biggest one, spoiler[how is Yurito alive but not a Yaka?] is still out there. Like Hiktori, I'm wondering a little about Takeshi. Originally I'd assumed he was chasing Matsuri because spoiler[from the flashbacks I thought she had killed his parents, but apparently not. Also, I'd assumed that Mayuko was significantly older than him, not that they were childhood friends.]

Hmm, I'm still wondering what spoiler[Mayuko's power is.]
mind over matter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quote
finally, after the series is more than half over it gets good.
Something seems not right about why he chose Matsuri to kill, and why only now is that little girl (what's her name?) objecting to him killing her?
and it seems weird that three yakas would all come together in one town. What about the rest of the world? At first they implied that a Yaka was a rare thing. But I guess Yakas are territorial as we've seen with Ano vs Matsuri
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quote
mind over matter wrote:
finally, after the series is more than half over it gets good.
Something seems not right about why he chose Matsuri to kill, and why only now is that little girl (what's her name?) objecting to him killing her?
and it seems weird that three yakas would all come together in one town. What about the rest of the world? At first they implied that a Yaka was a rare thing. But I guess Yakas are territorial as we've seen with ...

Mayuko always objected to Takeshi hunting Matsuri. That's why he was constantly lieing to her about what he was doing.
And I don't think it's being territorial in the traditional sense, as the important thing is a person rather than a location.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 10....I freakin' KNEW IT!!! Surprised

spoiler[Yorito is in fact NOT a real human but a creation by Aono to replace the real one who got killed in the past; he's made out of paper. Though I'm curious of what Matsuri is planning to do with the sword since she asked Takeshi how to use it. And not to mention she wants Yorito to disappear with her.

Bwahaha, at least she gave Yorito a smack on the lips again! Cool ]

Does anyone like Mana so far? For a "side-girl" character, she's handling the situations very maturely without becoming another love-interest. I think it's been awhile since we had that type of girl.
omar235

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:05 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Episode 10....I freakin' KNEW IT!!! Surprised

spoiler[Yorito is in fact NOT a real human but a creation by Aono to replace the real one who got killed in the past; he's made out of paper. Though I'm curious of what Matsuri is planning to do with the sword since she asked Takeshi how to use it. And not to mention she wants Yorito to disappear with her.

Bwahaha, at least she gave Yorito a smack on the lips again! Cool ]

Does anyone like Mana so far? For a "side-girl" character, she's handling the situations very maturely without becoming another love-interest. I think it's been awhile since we had that type of girl.

Dang I didn't see spoiler[him being made of paper ]coming, I thought spoiler[he was a yaka ]or something. Shocked I have to say I really liked this episode compared to the others, emotional.

I have to say I like Mana, you are right it has been a bit since we have had this type of girl, she seems to be strong under all this emotion and she has accomplished things quite efficently.
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Finally caught up and I have to say "wow" to episode 10. I totally didn't see that coming, spoiler[Yorito being made up of paper created by Aono.] Thought he would be some kinda of special Yaka that can do what Yakas can't.

omar235 wrote:
I have to say I like Mana, you are right it has been a bit since we have had this type of girl, she seems to be strong under all this emotion and she has accomplished things quite efficently.

I like her too, she's seems to be the "go-to-girl" who seems to be the smarter person of the series. Though I would like to see her try to win Yorito's heart but seeing him and Matsuri together is way better.

Ragged Bunny: Sex Pose~! Very Happy
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Episode 10... <snip>

spoiler[ Though I'm curious of what Matsuri is planning to do with the sword since she asked Takeshi how to use it.]

I'm thinking spoiler[a final showdown with Aono, 'cause see, Aono's ability lends itself easily to offensive capabilities but Matsuri's, not so much.]

darkchibi07 wrote:

Compatence is good. This puts her up on Yorito in my book. Although regarding her not being another love-interest, I think that had there not been the plot twists there were, it would have been the natural progression that Matsuri-Yorito-Mana would have been the most laid back love-triangle I'd ever seen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6