• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - April Fooly Cooly

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyesage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quote
Meccanica wrote:
I'm happy to see UMD-DX get a favorable review, as I get a smug, self-satisfied feeling of validation when a series I like gets a favorable word from a critic.
Anyone who doesn't like what I like (UMD-DX) obviously has a bias against mops/custodians and is taking it out on us loyal fans, and what are they trying to say anyway, the jerk, what an insensitive clod etc.

(Thinly veiled parody aside, I like the Gurren-Lagann tribute, but I am somehow bothered by the suggestion that something is more intense than my TTGL... obviously you have something against it, you insensitive clod.)

^You know that it wasn't Carlo's idea, right? It was a huge part of Anime News Nina.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:00 am Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
And I hate what they did to Daisuke's little sister. (Though it wasn't nearly as bad as that "moppu~" crap they pulled in the anime.)

What?? Too MOE for you??! Razz

moppu~

*nosebleeds*

But, really, even though UMD totally rules this this week's column, I was also glad to hear a bit about Fairy Tail, which I've been curious about. A solid B's pretty good. (But of course nothing compared to the greatness that is UMD's A+.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote
I guess I will chime in about Fairy Tail considering that the rest of the thread here is so mop happy.

I do agree about Mashima's attention to detail. The man can really do some fantastic structural designs (and all this within a week to meet publishing deadlines!) and the characters are distinct enough to be memorable. If you think Mashima has done some amazing work in these first few chapters, wait until you see what he pull off in the later ones. Wink I'm amazed there wasn't any OH NOEZ!!! FAIRY TAIL LOOKS LIKE ONE PIECE! WTFBBQ? comparisons going on here considering how on other boards people have mentioned that Fairy Tail resembles Oda's designs in One Piece.

That said, I'll be picking up the volumes next con season here in Winnipeg. Smile As for the "gimmick" of Plue's inclusion and the face faults. Yeah, they're a gimmick...but that doesn't mean it's bad. I just think it adds to the quirky nature of the comic. It just seems like everyone nowadays wants to use the word "gimmick" like it's a bad thing.
stormcrow22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:
I've been debating and debating if any long-running (15+ volume) manga series need to be added to my collection. Shaman King has been the only contender... until now. It is obvious the Ultimate Mop Daisuke MUST be part of my collection! I'd better go warn the BF now that if we have kids, I've already spent our first born on the World's greatest manga! (Do any shops take IOU on first born? I mean, maybe they'll be afraid of it missing a few toes or something...)

Speaking of which, does that mean the firstborn's name is already set is stone? Are you gonna go with U.M. Daisuke [last name] or just Daisuke [last name]. If you go with the U.M., it makes it seem like some professor's name.
Labbes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, but I liked UMD better after the time slip. I mean, I may have not noticed the bad character development because I can't read Japanese and have to rely on scanlation, but when he pulled that spoiler[mirror-mopp-punch] on spoiler[the evil guy (Forgot his name, anyone help me?], that was just awesome! I mean, that's what I'm reading UMD for, not character development.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I am quite curious if Ultimate Mop Daisuke DX is a real series or just a joke.

Hint: Check today's date. Wink

So in essense, I was right. In all seriousness though, I wonder if this series will ever become real.

I mean I am sure this series would be interesting to read if this series was real.

Thank you for answering me seriously.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I want UMD DX Very Happy
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I am quite curious if Ultimate Mop Daisuke DX is a real series or just a joke.

Though the resons I belive this might be a joke is because there has never to my knowledge been a manga with a A+. Another reson is because of the amount of volumes produced. No offense to anyone, but twenty eight volumes seems skiptical for a manga produced/parioded in Anime News Network.

However this series could be real because there was a author name and company. As well as a price and plot summary.

If this series is real, I hope US is able to translate this series.

If your post is for real, and not a joke in itself, then you have just brought a smile and laughter to hearts of countless posters here lol. Once people start asking if it's real or not on 4chan Robin's immortality will be complete.

And at long last Carlo went into his secret vault and brought out the fabled A+ rating......I never thought this day would come.

Despite the inside jokes, my question was completly serious. If this series is real, I'd like to know the real author's name. However, since this is April 1, 2008, I know this review may be a joke.

Whlist I am glad to make anyone's day, I really do want to know if Ultimate Mop Daisuke DX is a real manga/anime series or not.
ShadowTrader

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Whlist I am glad to make anyone's day, I really do want to know if Ultimate Mop Daisuke DX is a real manga/anime series or not.

I can swear that you were hiding with Osama in that cave for the last 6 years, cause there is no reason for you not to have heard of the BEST manga of all time!
The real joke was that review of Honey and Clover, now that was a shit manga, it doesn't even deserve a D.
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I can't believe what I'm reading in this forum. UMD is soooooooooo overrated. I mean, the only reason its mass following of mindless clones even reads it is just because it's popular. I seriously don't get all the hype. Go look at some real art, you witless simpletons!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:28 pm Reply with quote
ShadowTrader wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

I can swear that you were hiding with Osama in that cave for the last 6 years, cause there is no reason for you not to have heard of the BEST manga of all time!
The real joke was that review of Honey and Clover, now that was a shit manga, it doesn't even deserve a D.

I've done some research and have yet to find any trace of either the manga or anime. Also, I've read the Anime News Nina comics, yet as I've said earlier, have yet to find any trace of the manga or anime.

However, I did find out the author's name, Yoshi Kawajiri is real and the company may be real as well. All I simply want is a straight answer; "Is Ultimate Mop Daisuke DX a real series or not".
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
All I simply want is a straight answer; "Is Ultimate Mop Daisuke DX a real series or not".

In the realm that is ANN, yes. In the real world? Sadly, it's not =(
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I CAN SAY AFTER READING THE SCANLATIONS PAST VOL 28 THAT IT DOES NOT SUCK! AND YOU ALL SUCK FOR SAYING THAT! I GOT THE LE UMD MOP SIGNED BY THE MANGA KA FOR 286,000JPY. BEAT THAT! LOSERS!!11!!!11!!!!1!! Anime catgrin
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
All I simply want is a straight answer; "Is Ultimate Mop Daisuke DX a real series or not".

Thank you, I now finally know the answer. Thanks again.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Unholy_Nny wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Thank you, I now finally know the answer. Thanks again.
Aye, some mothers do have 'em.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6