• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2011-12-07

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh Nina, you know elves aren't rich. Just take out a loan with leprechauns. Anime hyper
xBTAx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Painfully true currently, at both Buy.com and RightStuf. And I'm probably going to do another RightStuf order, since the only reason I actually ordered anything before the end of their 12 day sale was that I was afraid that Evangelion was going to sell out.

Strangely, I mostly seem to be buying classic stuff that I really should have seen but never got around to it. The large amount of sales brings up interesting first world problems as well (ex: what is the best way to buy Gao-Gai-Gar, given the sales on both versions of the complete collections as well as the cheaper singles bundle of the first season and the differing packaging across them...)
cl-shojo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Oh those sales. I've been tempted to buy series I was only vaguely interested in because the price was right, but for the most part I'd prefer to save it for when there's a series I really want.

As an aside, in the first panel with the macaroni, didn't see the box so I thought the pasta on her forehead was the crescent moon from Sailor Moon. Buying too much will turn you into a princess from the moon. Whoops.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quote
With online items, shipping can sometimes be a bit pricy, so that is why I use Amazon, Ebay and have heard some great reviews on other sites such as Backpage.com and Craigslist.

I can only vouch for Amazon and Ebay though. Backpage and Craiglist are variables in the mix, so buy with caution.

I noticed that NISA America has very competitive rates as well and much like Ebay and Amazon, do offer free shipping on some items.
domino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I did exactly this just last night.

My DVD shelf is now a lot fuller, but a few hundred bucks have fluttered out of my wallet...
Coderjoe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Ouch. Guilty as charged. Though not always going in with the intention of gifts. After I finish placing the order(s) and the endorphins wear off, I sometimes get anxious that perhaps I spent too much. I especially had this when rightstuf was having their first big Geneon sale after Geneon announced they were getting out of distribution. Bought all kinds of stuff I though perhaps looked marginally interesting and figured it was going out-of-print so I had better snap it up before it sold out.

Greed1914 wrote:
Well, I have heard that most of the people taking advantage of the deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday are actually shopping for themselves.

Haha. I am quite amused at the combination of username and post.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3