• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Winter 2012 Anime Spotlight

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:34 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Psycho_Despair wrote:
So.....are we gonna see the spotlight with the "erect nipples"? Just curious, really want something to laugh at. Laughing

... What are these 'errect nipples' you speak of?

A reference to the latest ANNCast. Apparantly, for one of the anime series airing this winter season, some of the material they sent Justin Sevakis for the anime spotlight included some sort of nipple guide, showing all the characters nipples in their erect and soft forms.

No, I am not kidding, and I don't think Justin was either.

I believe the material was actually some behind the scenes stuff the animators would use to make sure they drawed the nipples consistently, or something. Can't remember exactly how Justin described it. I do remember him saying that said nipple guide would NOT be posted on animenewsnetwork, for some reason. I can't imagine why. Very Happy But I believe the series itself will still get a spotlight, it just won't go into such extreme detail when describing the characters' anatomy.

EDIT: Ah, Justin posted a second before me.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:40 am Reply with quote
Gotta give them props for attention to detail Wink
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:15 am Reply with quote
Finally got around to looking at the clips for these shows.

Brave 10: the character designs for all these men and the Miko character, I'm getting this odd Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas vibe, just set in the warring states period. Anything reminding me of Saint Seiya means "I MUST watch it"!

InuBoku: The character guide looks interesting, but the clip really gave me the creeps. I'm going to wait to see what the reviewers say in the Preview Guide before deciding.

Secret Life of High School Boys: I'm enjoying Kimi to Boku this season, but the clip and the character guide is already making me feel like some of these characters are going to really irritate me, especially the "little sister". Preview Guide, again.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:46 am Reply with quote
Woo hoo! My favorite mangaka finally gets an anime! So proud to be one of her first American fans, and probably her top. I wish the anime had been Dear, but...
jl07045

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:52 am Reply with quote
Watched the trailer of High School Boys. Wow, it took them five seconds to show someone's panties. Very Happy
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote
Daily Lives of High School Boys preview episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl3fCPzaN70

jsevakis wrote:
For some of the shows they just send me the colored design sheets, and for one of them (I just checked, it was High School DxD) those included up-close diagrams of how each female characters nipples looked both erect and relaxed. I knew it'd be a pervy show...

I will not be including them. Sorry guys, ANN is a (moderately) family-friendly site. :p

You can just make it available through a link, without displaying the pics. (or host it somewhere else)
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:27 am Reply with quote
Daily Lives of High School Boys...wow it didn't take them long to start ripping of Kimi to Boku at all, did they?

Brave10...we already have Sengoku Basara, and we're happy with it, dammit, we don't need this!
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quote
Might just watch Brave10 for the pretty guys but it looks like the kind of show that will get old really fast.

I can imagine the highschool thing going down a wacky comedy path but it will probably just go for nose bleed stuff considering the trailer.

The other thing with demons just looks silly. I guess I just need to wait for the preview guides to be sure or anything.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:53 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Daily Lives of High School Boys preview episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl3fCPzaN70

Okay, I was laughing quite heartily. Definitely going to check the show out now. Laughing
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:

I will not be including them. Sorry guys, ANN is a (moderately) family-friendly site. :p
configspace wrote:

You can just make it available through a link, without displaying the pics. (or host it somewhere else)

He'd have to get permission from the licensor specifically for that. They provided material to be used in conjunction with spotlight. Any other use is effectively "unauthorized." Anything we do like that could make it harder to get material in the future.

-t
dollssoulkirie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Brave 10: Quite excited for this, since I followed the manga. Only issue that I have is Koyasu Takehito as Date Masamune. With all the roles he's voiced recently, they all sound the same (Level E's Craft, Arakawa Under the Bridge's Sister, Dog Days' Loran Martinozzi, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere's Shirojiro Belutoni, etc). Is he going with that same voice for Date Masamune too? I hope not. I really don't see that voice actually fitting Date Masamune. Maybe when the anime starts and I see his appearance, my opinion might change.

Daily Lives of High School Boys: Might give this a try~ But nothing will win over the twins from Kimi to Boku. I normally give all titles a chance, like a 3 episode trial to see if I'll continue watching it.

Inu x Boku SS: I've been waiting for this! lol I find most of these characters quite hilarious. Especially Zange picking on his master Banri. Anime hyper Karuta's cute~ Kagerou's S&M ability is quite stupid sometimes. "This door just hit me! It's a S!" type of dialogue makes me facepalm every now and then. Plus Ririchiyo's oni form is sooooooo cute~ <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the High School boys show only 5 minutes? Why waste time spotlighting that?
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Daily Lives of High School Boys...wow it didn't take them long to start ripping of Kimi to Boku at all, did they?

Yes, both are about mostly highschool guys, but they're not even close. I don't think people who like Kimi to Boku will automatically like this.

tempest wrote:
He'd have to get permission from the licensor specifically for that. They provided material to be used in conjunction with spotlight. Any other use is effectively "unauthorized." Anything we do like that could make it harder to get material in the future.

Oh well. Hopefully they'll put the same artwork on their site

RyanSaotome wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the High School boys show only 5 minutes? Why waste time spotlighting that?

Pretty sure they're full episodes
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:

RyanSaotome wrote:

Pretty sure they're full episodes

http://myanimelist.net/anime/11843/Danshi_Koukousei_no_Nichijou

Well, I was going by that. And I've heard people on other forums complaining about it being only 5 minute episodes. Plus, the pre-air episode last month was only 5 minutes.

Seems kinda pointless to me, but whatever.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

actually i think it might be three five minute episode segments per episode sorta like squid girl. anyway after looking at the preview im pretty excited about HN inuboku im meh about i guess i'll check a episode out if its simulcasted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 16