• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga to Enter Final Arc

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:

Maybe Kubo will go back and resume Zombiepowder once Bleach is over as that series was left without any sort of conclusion

I would love that too, but it was cancelled after only 4 volumes.

Makes up for Bleach.... Nowhere ending in sight. Don't know if is a curse or a blessing.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
minakichan wrote:
Whoaaa.

How HAVE Bleach's ratings been lately?

This has nothing to do with TV ratings.
This is the manga we are talking about.

Oh, but manga are being rated! Mags like Shounen Jump frequently ask their readers to fill in surveys to keep an eye on popularity of individual series.

If a new manga gets bad ratings in the first few weeks, the chances of it becoming a long serialisation will drop significantly. If a big series such as Bleach is dropping in ranks, the mangaka will get a stern talking to and the editor will butt in more than usual to get the series back in line. Sometimes that means rushing towards a big finale and end the series afterwards.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Finely it coming to an end now lets get some spinoff here
A5J4DX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
damn its gonna be touch saying goodbye ;(
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I don't give a damn what people's opinions are on this series I've grown quite attached to its characters and themes through out the years its one of all my all time favorite manga and anime series up there with Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Death Note..I loved the Fullbring Arc it was interesting and it broke away from the standard Shonen themes and tropes as the arc reached its climax..Kubo explored darker themes in the Arc something that most people simply couldn't appreciate which is their loss.I've known for some time that the final saga of Bleach was approaching but I didn't think it would be so soon but this Arc should at least take a year to finish..I really hope Aizen returns in some form or fashion..I wouldn't mind seeing Grimmjow again as well..I'm quite curious to see what the Soul King looks like hopefully Kubo goes into all these details in the next year..it does feel like I'll be saying goodbye to an old friend quite soon..but everything has to come an end eventually..I'll be anxiously waiting to hear what Kubo's next great epic is when he is finished with his masterpiece!
Ulinox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote
About time. It's all been downhill since the Soul Society arc IMO. Hope he finishes it up quickly and actually concludes with something.
marajsky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
So it'll be down to Naruto and One Piece after that, huh? And I kinda suspected Bleach was ending, 'cus of those 3-in-1s. Does that mean the other supermanga will be next? I wonder if Shueisha can handle that, or has contigency plans to handle it. Kenshin and YuGiOh were apparently hits for SJ, but not as big as DB and Slam Dunk when they ended.
\

But Naruto is coming to a close too, this is the last arc.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
marajsky wrote:
GATSU wrote:
So it'll be down to Naruto and One Piece after that, huh? And I kinda suspected Bleach was ending, 'cus of those 3-in-1s. Does that mean the other supermanga will be next? I wonder if Shueisha can handle that, or has contigency plans to handle it. Kenshin and YuGiOh were apparently hits for SJ, but not as big as DB and Slam Dunk when they ended.
\

But Naruto is coming to a close too, this is the last arc.

And the last arc of Naruto has been extremely underwhelming hopefully the final arc of Bleach is more exciting!
daichi383

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
I don't give a damn what people's opinions are on this series I've grown quite attached to its characters and themes through out the years its one of all my all time favorite manga and anime series up there with Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Death Note..I loved the Fullbring Arc it was interesting and it broke away from the standard Shonen themes and tropes as the arc reached its climax..Kubo explored darker themes in the Arc something that most people simply couldn't appreciate which is their loss.I've known for some time that the final saga of Bleach was approaching but I didn't think it would be so soon but this Arc should at least take a year to finish..I really hope Aizen returns in some form or fashion..I wouldn't mind seeing Grimmjow again as well..I'm quite curious to see what the Soul King looks like hopefully Kubo goes into all these details in the next year..it does feel like I'll be saying goodbye to an old friend quite soon..but everything has to come an end eventually..I'll be anxiously waiting to hear what Kubo's next great epic is when he is finished with his masterpiece!

I'm glad your still able to find something to like in bleach whereas i think its more my evolving taste rather than bleaches quality that makes me not like the recent arcs. rewatching the soul society arc almost makes me feel sad not cause i hate the newer arcs so much Sad
kakoishii

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Quite honestly, I don'tk now how anyone can stomach these long serials. Who wants to spend a quarter of their life following a never ending serial that will likely have no end Rolling Eyes Definitely not me. I guess when you're younger you don't think about that sort thing, and once you start to grow out of your adolescence and you suddenly realize that Naruto hasn't become Hokage yet, or Ichigo is still tied up in shennanigans with Soul Society you quickly get tired of it, drop the series and move on, too bad you'll never get all that money back. Ah, now I see how these long serials get away with poor storytelling Wink
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:49 pm Reply with quote
A little late Kubo, this should have ended years ago.

Still, the only way this comic could troll harder is if Chris Jericho signed on as a co-writer.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
a few years after it should have ended. After his tantrums on Twitter a few years back I've lost any respect for Kubo as a writer.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
a few years after it should have ended. After his tantrums on Twitter a few years back I've lost any respect for Kubo as a writer.

Tantrums? What happened?
Volibear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
well it's sad but it is time i feel, it hasn't really been the same since the Soul Society Arc, the Aizen storyline was good but too drawn out to be great

I really hope the final arc is well structured and written to justify the Fullbring Arc being so dull and poor, if it isn't then it just confirms that he ran out of ideas and should have ended the series when the Aizen story ended and it would also be a really bad way to finish what was a top 3 manga for such a long time

As for content hopes of the final arc, i'm hoping they do some proper storyline with The Soul King, Squad Zero and all that stuff, it was kind of flirted with during the Aizen story but never expanded upon the vague details given
There is also Hell to explore but i doubt Tite would have given the go-ahead for a movie on it if he'd planned on something for it later on

I'm assuming that someone new will be introduced as an enemy, be them Shinigami or something new, but i really hope that they don't end up fighting in the Soul Society/Human World, it'd feel like a filler arc (Bount, Zanpakuto and New Captain Arcs were all like this) whereas fighting somewhere new like in The Soul Society Arc or the Aizen Storyline would actually keep people interested, proof of this is the Fullbring Arc, it stayed in the Human World and alot of people complained and/or dropped the series (not the only reason this arc sucked, but one of the reasons)
Banjo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watched Bleach, I may read the manga someday
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 12