• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Halts Releases of Bakuman., Ikki Tousen Great Guardians

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeonozero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Ah man im really upset, i was so looking forward to the third season for Ikki Tousen Sad (4th season not so much)
Ah well, as everyone has been saying, its a shame that anime at least in america is so down now along with other companies, this economy needs to pick up and stuff
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quote
that's why i don't buy any dvd/bluray until they released them all.
Aniplex is the only company that i really support with my money right now because I know they will finish the series.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote
zeonozero wrote:
this economy needs to pick up and stuff

Japan's been waiting for that to happen since the 80's. I suspect we'll just have to get used to how things are now being the standard.

It's too bad that GG is delayed, and I do hope it's just delayed and not outright canceled. Ikki Tousen is one of my guilty pleasures, so I was looking forward to this release. I also hope that this isn't a sign of things to come for other upcoming releases like the Squid Girl BD.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
zeonozero wrote:

Ah well, as everyone has been saying, its a shame that anime at least in america is so down now along with other companies, this economy needs to pick up and stuff

I can't speak for elsewhere, but in America, anime seems to more or less becoming less profitable it seems. Maybe that isn't entirely always the case, but these days, it's much more common to hear about companies losing money, rather than being stable.

Several times over the last five years I've seen in news that the economy is much better and the recession is over. Well, in truth, we may be better off today than years ago, but the economy (at least in America) is anything but stable and completely recovered.

I've seen more anime/manga companies go out of business in the last five years alone, than in all the years I've been a anime/manga consumer.

I often wonder though, will anime ever become even more unprofitable that English dubbing will become a relic of the past? Eventually DVD's are going to be replaced, but I am personally not sure with what or when.

The expression times are tough is certainly not a lucid description of modern times in the anime industry. Even if you've been a staunch supporter of anime and manga and support them as best as you can, these companies still are losing money.

SailorS: I thought it was during the 90's (with Japan) is when more of the financial strains were becoming more evident. But you may very be right, the way times are now, may simply become the standard. For better or worse, I suppose.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

SailorS: I thought it was during the 90's (with Japan) is when more of the financial strains were becoming more evident. But you may very be right, the way times are now, may simply become the standard. For better or worse, I suppose.

Yeah, I meant 90's. My fingers weren't listening to what my brain was telling them and insisted on typing 80's.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Yeah, I meant 90's. My fingers weren't listening to what my brain was telling them and insisted on typing 80's.

That is all right. I've taken several college level history classes, so that is why I knew Japan's financial woe's began than.

When your fingers aren't operating in a synergistic fashion, efficiency truly is truly hard maintain.
GTO Neko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

It's pretty much like what was explained in the first Eden of the East movie with how the "adults" have become more complacent with what's going on in the world and in the country. At times, the same can be said here in the US as well.

Back to the matter at hand, it stinks that that's happening to Media Blasters. With all the things going down it seems with the companies that are still in New York, they aren't getting as much of a break and are about to become extinct (Central Park Media). I do hope things can turn around for them and that things will be fixed.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Agh, I really couldn't bring myself to buy the Bakuman anime [It seems so..bland in comparison to the manga] but it sucks to see it get put on hiatus. It would be great if they could at least finish off the first season.

It's really a pity...I was hoping Squid Girl would do well for them, but I guess that alone won't help enough.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Now I'm worried about my Squid Girl BD.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
By some shred of luck, I hope this issue doesn't include putting the "blu-ray" set of Bakuman on hold as well. I'm definitely pre-ordering the blu-rays for Bakuman, Ika Musume, and maybe Kite.

I knew I had the Kite BD on my "remind me" list, but forgot that MB was putting that one out. With the release date being the 28th of this month, we'll have to see what happens with that one.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote
This is bad.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
Saiki_Thorn wrote:
I think it is obvious when Media Blaster goes under Funimation will swoop in and pick up the license for both Ikki Tousen series. Also Bakuman whining fans, please quit thinking of yourself for once and think about the employees who have lost their jobs

Fixed.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
it's a shame to hear that more people in the anime dubbing industry is going under and please understand how sorry I am when I say that another one has (or is about to) bite the dust
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:29 am Reply with quote
My first instinct is to think that this is the end for Media Blasters. Then again, they've managed to survive for years when by all rights they were dying so who knows.
Mune

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
And I was hoping to buy Ikkitousen: Great Guardians. I actually like the Ikkitousen series. If Media Blasters can't deliver, hope they pass it onto someone else that can.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5