• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Worst Manga You've Ever Read

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Volumes 1-4 are the pre time skip parts, i.e what the anime covered. Volume 5 starts directly after the time skip, so you could just get 1-4 and pretend the others don't exist.

As long as they didn't print the part where the girl's mother tells Daisuke that he shouldn't adopt her daughter as her name will just change when she gets married. The writer is right, Dads are just scum and all men are better off being husbands. Or something.

The mangaka had this ending in mind from the start, you see...

I read Bunny Drop because the anime got such a glowing review but I had my doubts about it long before the time skip.

However, Bunny Drop isn't the worst manga I ever read, it's the one I hate the most.

The worst one I ever read is this series called MiXim or Mixim 12. It's so bad, it doesn't even exist in the manga encyclopedia here. Is it because it's ancient? No, it ran from 2008 to 2010 when it was mercifully ended by someone. It was created by a somewhat talented mangaka {Flame of Recca and MAR creator Nobuyuki Anzai} only without the decent story, art, characters, plot and everything else that his previous series had.

What was it about? Three guys who couldn't get girlfriends get a harem centered around magical powers. No, wait, that's decent, they get girlfriends centered around the Zodiac and they develop/obtain/asspull magic powers based on their nonhabits like video game playing and finger puppets {Yes...}. There's fighting involved too. Somehow, because they're alien princes or something.

The only bright side was that it looked like it was, a real mess.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
The final few vollumes of Bunny Drop. It's just very Awkward, especially with the spoiler[time slip and Rin falling in love with Daikichi] personally I would have ended it like this, Daikichi marrying Koukei's Mom and Rin marrying Koukei. After reading part of vollume 5 and 6 I decided to end it at vollume 4 to play it safe. I'm so glad the anime changed that.

Last edited by yotsubafanfan on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote
yotsubafanfan wrote:
The final few vollumes of Bunny Drop.

And why is that? Really need to provide a bit more substance to your post, otherwise it's just listing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
And why is that?

With spoilers, please. Some of us are reading it legally.
Takokujin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Sadly, I was spoiled with the ending of the manga (even though I plan to buy it). I've only watched the anime. Basically, the ending is way different from the manga! If anything else is revealed, it will be spoiled. Does the ending of the manga bother me? No. Do I wish it was like the anime ending? Yes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 21 of 21