• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Let me make sure I understand your question, Kirito. spoiler[Is Asuna getting raped your punishment?]
dgreater1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Let me make sure I understand your question, Kirito. spoiler[Is Asuna getting raped your punishment?]

I won't answer on Kirito's behalf since I'm not him but if I put my feet on his shoes then, spoiler[witnessing my love ones getting that sort of treatment would be punishment for thinking I could do everything by myself without asking for outside help. But if I think about it, there's only a week left before that Bastard Sugou forcefully marry my beloved Asuna so instead of wasting my time thinking of what to do, I would just run straight to all the problems and solve it on the way.]

By the way, in the beginning of ALO, Kirito's plan was just to confirm if the person on top of the world tree is Asuna until later on, with Yui's help, confirmed that it is her so the plan fast-forward (if there is any). Then one by one, the secrets unfold in front of our eyes.

Above the world tree... The cake is a lie!
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
dgreater1 wrote:

Above the world tree... The cake is a lie!

Don't lie to me, the cake exists; it's just that the world tree doesn't exist.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Yui and Kirito finally inside!
They managed to find Asuna too.]

That was a really nice spoiler[reunion ^^]
Well, it didn't spoiler[take long for the bad guy to appear.
He sure is a crazy one...
Sugou vs Kirito was short, pathetic,but very satisfying.
Asuna finally free..]
about time too.
Oroboro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
If Sugou's previous villainy was beaten into our heads with a sledgehammer, I guess this is more the equivalent of a nuclear warhead. Wink
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:

Once again we see
the story is fantasy
for the male ego
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Yttrbio wrote:

Once again we see
the story is fantasy
for the male ego

Yet the boobs that have no longer and never appeared.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote
one scene that was really missing : spoiler[Sugu sitting there in real life after being cut apart in game suffering real pain. add the police with Asunas dad just walking in and you'd tie up a few extra threads.]
Key

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:
Last episode, Yui copies some code that lets her open an administratively locked door. This episode, Yui opens more doors. All throughout the arc, Yui detects things, including players, including their location and whether or not they're approaching. This episode Yui detects Asuna's location and something approaching them.

I'm not seeing the problem on Yui's end here.

I watched that scene again. While the second case does kinda look like it might be a door, there's no indication of one whatsoever in the first case. She just makes a hole in the wall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
GrayArchon wrote:
Last episode, Yui copies some code that lets her open an administratively locked door. This episode, Yui opens more doors. All throughout the arc, Yui detects things, including players, including their location and whether or not they're approaching. This episode Yui detects Asuna's location and something approaching them.

I'm not seeing the problem on Yui's end here.

I watched that scene again. While the second case does kinda look like it might be a door, there's no indication of one whatsoever in the first case. She just makes a hole in the wall.

in a lot of games mazes are strewn with invisible doors you need to detect them or simply go the long way or in other cases don't get out.
Oroboro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Yui is actually a sonic screwdriver in disguise. Surprised

Edit: On an actual note, the impression got there was spoiler[that they were so close to their goal, Yui abandoned any premise of subtlety and abused her AI powers to the max... which is probably why Sugou noticed they were there. "I noticed a strange program running", etc.]
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Yui is a path finder. its pretty much what she's supposed to be doing. having her is the same as removing fog of war in an arpg.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Yui wasn't just making holes in things... not every time, anyway. spoiler[The last one at the cage she certainly did. But other times I think they were simply coded doors which she force-overrode. Otherwise, she would've opened a hole in the side of the Tree that had no path on the other side, just a drop -- a long, long drop.]

The only issue I had (if issue is the right word, considering what my expectations are for this series now) among the three brought up by Key is #2: once again, out comes the sledgehammer or, as someone else described it, upgraded to tac-nuke. I mean, really, TTGL is fun *because* it is so over-the-top, but SAO is, IMO, diminished by it.

All in all, things played out more-or-less the way I expected it to. spoiler[Asuna played her damsel role to the very end, as did Kirito the Mighty (Gilded) Hero who can overcome the restrictions of the game through sheer willpower. The human will has triumphed once again, the vile villian has been defeated, and insta-family has been reunited.] Hurrah.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Yui wasn't just making holes in things... not every time, anyway. spoiler[The last one at the cage she certainly did. But other times I think they were simply coded doors which she force-overrode. Otherwise, she would've opened a hole in the side of the Tree that had no path on the other side, just a drop -- a long, long drop.]

The only issue I had (if issue is the right word, considering what my expectations are for this series now) among the three brought up by Key is #2: once again, out comes the sledgehammer or, as someone else described it, upgraded to tac-nuke. I mean, really, TTGL is fun *because* it is so over-the-top, but SAO is, IMO, diminished by it.

All in all, things played out more-or-less the way I expected it to. spoiler[Asuna played her damsel role to the very end, as did Kirito the Mighty (Gilded) Hero who can overcome the restrictions of the game through sheer willpower. The human will has triumphed once again, the vile villian has been defeated, and insta-family has been reunited.] Hurrah.
spoiler[

save for the fact kirito was defeated,the old game creator had to intervene, the villain easily disabled (super) kirito and only after the creator gave kirito administrative power beyond the villains did he triumph.]
kind of blows your entire expectations list out of the water.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
spoiler[save for the fact kirito was defeated,the old game creator had to intervene, the villain easily disabled (super) kirito and only after the creator gave kirito administrative power beyond the villains did he triumph.] kind of blows your entire expectations list out of the water.[/spoiler]

Wrong. spoiler[Kirito had indeed given up, and yes, the old Admin showed up and helped. HOWEVER, it was Kirito that got on his feet, with a sword stuck in him, all on his own. Kayaba Akihiko may have encouraged him, and may have given him his access information, but Kirito still had to get to his feet on his own. If Kirito hadn't been able to overcome the effects of a high level gravitational spell while having a sword stuck through his guts and the pain inhibitor reduced so that he could feel it to a degree, then Asuna would not have been saved.]

And what's this about my "expectations list being blown out of the water?" Where did I ever present such a list? Expectations are, by definition, something created *before* the event. So, when I said that things went as I expected, I mean I the events that occurred in the episode did so in much the way I predicted they would. Do I really have to spell it out like that? Apparently, yes, I do: all the things that occurred in this episode did so roughly as I predicted (in my head) that they would. This is one reason why I didn't comment much about the preview, because I didn't want to spoil things by speculating. If you're talking about what I said at the end of my last post, that is *what actually happened*. If I didn't seem very impressed in my comments, it is because I'm not, but that doesn't make what I said in that post untrue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 201 of 274