• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Parasyte -the maxim- (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Shinichi vs Gotou!
Migi strategizing.]

It soon became apparent what his plan was.
Things took an unexpected turn..
Running into that spoiler[old lady] was pure luck.
Looks like spoiler[Shinichi can't get over Migi..]
The end is getting closer & things are getting more intense!
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
It seems like one user is making a run of posts on different series just for the hell of it, opinions have to be respected none the less.

As for this week, Migi spoiler[being permanently detached from Izumi ] is the big draw for the episode. Assuming Izumi survives next week, the rest of his life is going to be spoiler[that much harder having lost the use of his right hand. Not to mention absent without leave from school will make his graduation from High School a dicey proposition. ]

A nice touch, but since the death of the other significant character in this series Izumi seems to have regained his emotional balance. spoiler[Being able to shed tears at Migi's loss instead of reacting like it was an inconvenience feels right on a emotional level. ]
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
This episode was so so so SO rushed I cannot believe it. The episode just starts and before the opening they already are in the field throwing a car to the opponent without setting up some build-up, atmosphere or some relationship or memory with Murano for example other than her purpose as the sex partner in the previous, nop, right into the action without waiting. I can't believe spoiler[Migi's death was actually so much rushed, short and pathetic than Kana's.] We know he had a subtle development but from that to blatantly say concepts of friendship or loneliness is too much of a stretch to such a short time and it destroys their relation which was (I thought) one of the main cores of the show. I know they hint a possible revival with other parasyte in his body, but even then this was bad.

Then the rest of the episode is trying to force you in your face to empathize with this old woman so basically Shinichi has somebody to talk to and discuss about facing the problems or escaping. The old woman was kind of nice but all their scene were so goddamn rushed and the purpose of her character so obvious that I couldn't get behind anything.

It felt to me like the creators don't care anymore, and all the detailed pacing the show had before is gone. I know it wasn't going to be as good as before but I wasn't expecting this lack of effort and investment in characters that before I was so much. Wow what a letdown for me.

Added one spoiler tag. --willag
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:04 am Reply with quote
I feel like Migi may have spoiler[been assimilated by Gotou, the head focuses on control so it might have tried to do so to Migi]. And Gotou might spoiler[underestimate that Migi would turn back on him to protect Shinichi].

Also, I totally spoiler[foresaw the plan to distract Gotou with Migi away from Shinichi].
Sillykid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:53 am Reply with quote
Thank you for the warm welcome nbahn Very Happy Parasyte is one anime I'm still a little on the fence about. What do you guys think? Is it really worth watching? I haven't heard anything about the series. All I could guess from the pictures I saw is that it looks like some kind of alien or paranormal series of some kind. I've never watched any kind of alien or paranormal before, but I do like Naruto, One Piece, and Hajime no Ippo Very Happy

Last edited by Sillykid on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:26 am Reply with quote
Sillykid--

Welcome to ANN.

While ANN doesn't have an official rule against what you have posted, we do have an unofficial rule:
Tony K. wrote:
1. If asking for a (single) particular title, for example: "Is Azumanga Daioh any good," make sure you tell everyone what you've heard about that title so far (if anything, even if it's just a plot summary), what your expectations might be, and also mention series of the same genre you think could be a good reference source.

Please edit your post in light of the above.
happymoose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Dusky about spoiler[Migi potentially assimilating with Gotou] but maybe it's partly wishful thinking. Even if it's not the case, the way both spoiler[Migi and Izumi reacted to the loss] was really well done. This episode may have been a little rushed but this show has still quickly become one of my absolute favorites. Love the atmosphere about it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 23:

Good episode overall although spoiler[I have to say that Shinchi got a bit lucky with the toxin part. Still, the guy used his brains and terrain to his advantage which a small yet devastating blow against Gotou. Also, glad to see Migi back. This show just feels different without him.]

One more episode left but I'm missing this series already D:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Damn, that was one huge parasyte!
It looked totally alien.
Shinichi was insanely brave to take him own in his current condition.
From the parasyte's perspective, Shinichi was just a bug to squash.
Shinichi's small success just pissed Gotou off even more.
Migi's unbelievable return was epic!
Gotou's end was rather uncomplicated... ]
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Does the spoiler[fight and conclusion between Izumi and Gotou satisfy? I'd say 50/50 for me. Shinichi did well to deduce the crack in Gotou's armour but he got lucky with the dioxin attached to the pipe he used. ]

Interesting thought process leading to the final scene. spoiler[Leave Gotou's regeneration to fate and walk away, only to turn back and finish him off since Izumi as a human being would kill to keep his family (and himself) alive. ]

What will they cover next week then?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm assuming we'll get some kind of reunion with his girlfriend, Debbie Downer, whom we haven't seen since spoiler[he boned her.]

I'm wondering if we will see some sort of attempt at a Parasyte-human truce. Probably not. Even the Parasytes seem to sense that the jig is up. Nice try, Gaia, but I guess those pesky humans will continue to proliferate and defile your body.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, I'm assuming we'll get some kind of reunion with his girlfriend, Debbie Downer, whom we haven't seen since spoiler[he boned her.]

You know she did sort of redeem herself with that scene. A little bit maybe but at least she turned out to be good for something.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:42 am Reply with quote
Once again the main character win a fight against the bad guys not because he's smarter or stronger or more resourceful or has better training or been a better person, nope he win trough a combination of dumb luck, his opponent being incredibly stupid and some new concept being introduced with 0 foreshadowing, what a thrilling conclusion. Rolling Eyes

And then we get some napkin philosophy…

Oh well, I know that the ravage of time will do it's job on my memory and in a few year I'll only remember the beginning part of parasite and won't recall any of the last arc, yay nostalgia!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:18 am Reply with quote
Well, so the fight came down not as Schinichi vs Gotou, but kind of spoiler[Humanity vs Parasyte]. It was not spoiler[parasytes that created the garbage, it was humans, and thanks to some luck human garbage] was enough to pretty much spoiler[destroy a supposedly perfect organism].

Shinichi was going to spoiler[take the higher road by letting Gotou have his chance to live], but Migi spoiler[reminded him that such a high road is kind of unrealistic and foolish for who he is as a creature].
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:34 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Once again the main character win a fight against the bad guys not because he's smarter or stronger or more resourceful or has better training or been a better person, nope he win trough a combination of dumb luck, his opponent being incredibly stupid and some new concept being introduced with 0 foreshadowing, what a thrilling conclusion. Rolling Eyes

And then we get some napkin philosophy…

Oh well, I know that the ravage of time will do it's job on my memory and in a few year I'll only remember the beginning part of parasite and won't recall any of the last arc, yay nostalgia!

I thought it was quite clear that Shinichi was going in with a death wish, since Gotou is a beast. Bar the Deus Ex Machina moment, I'm not sure about the "stupidity" or the "new concept with no foreshadowing".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 26