• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gedata

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:52 pm Reply with quote
DrunkAyanami wrote:
Valhern wrote:
If in this new loop someone came in and asked Hayato about Kira they would explode and then loop.

So if Hayato were to trigger another loop by getting a DIFFERENT person blown up BEFORE Rohan and/or others explode... would Rohan etc NOT be blown up in the next loop? Or does it explode everyone who's ever been blown up in any timeline?

Hey, remember back when Stands were simple?

Anyone who died in a previous loop will die in the next one as well.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:03 am Reply with quote
DrunkAyanami wrote:

No.
Valhern

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:10 am Reply with quote
DrunkAyanami wrote:
Valhern wrote:
If in this new loop someone came in and asked Hayato about Kira they would explode and then loop.

So if Hayato were to trigger another loop by getting a DIFFERENT person blown up BEFORE Rohan and/or others explode... would Rohan etc NOT be blown up in the next loop? Or does it explode everyone who's ever been blown up in any timeline?

When they mean fate they truly mean it. No matter what, Rohan and even an hypothethical person will blow up in the loop after that person asked Hayato about Kira. Even the fact that Hayato didn't talk to Rohan at all didn't change the fact that Heaven's Door turned him into a book and did so again in the latest loop.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:44 am Reply with quote
Wow, a few episodes into this arc and I wasn't all that impressed. After awhile I just put it down as a fun villain of the week show. But everything changed with Kira, he may be my favourite villain so far.
gedata

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
DrunkAyanami wrote:

No.

>Magician's Red has pyrokinesis
>Silver Chariot is really fast and has a rapier
>Star Platinum can punch stuff quickly and freeze time for a bit
Doodleboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Really going to miss Diamond is Unbreakable when it ends. It and Battle Tendency are Jojo's at it's best.
nagpo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Dora.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:30 am Reply with quote
How the hell did they not hear them? They were only around the corner and they were shouting and there was sounds of things blowing up and bits of roads being ripped up.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:37 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
How the hell did they not hear them? They were only around the corner and they were shouting and there was sounds of things blowing up and bits of roads being ripped up.

That was all I could think of the entire episode. That light drizzle must be really loud?
YoodiHoshi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:36 am Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

That was all I could think of the entire episode. That light drizzle must be really loud?

Firstly, just getting this part out of the way - I think Hayato has placed his trust in Josuke guarding him. Yoshikage at this point is leaning toward ruthlessness after what the kid had done just now. The situation at hand might as well be "swim in place, or sink." So, he'll help the Dynamic Duwang Duo for the time being

As for the issue of him not calling out to the others?
For the manga, at Jotaro's PoV, we are to deduce that the rain was clearly pouring whilst we see the JoJo's SFX representing the drops hitting the ground. All the while, both parties are two-expansive-houses separated from each other w/ not a single dialogue-bubble-containing-the-moan-of-Josuke in sight; instead of here in the anime - where we got a transitional pan away from the scuffle, seemingly just from the corner over to Jotaro's group, accompanied with Josuke's audible outcry as a segue ending right at Jotaro shifting his gaze (these two details being coupled together as the biggest offender in motion)

As for Killer Queen's Primary Bomb - it is implied to be silent, but at most times the anime will give it noise to (presumably) enhance the dramatic effect. The collateral-damage noise could be drowned out by the (heavy) rainfall

^Just putting that all out there. But hmm...personally I'm not sure what to feel about this moment with Jotaro's party alone. Anyone else want to chime in for this instance of a Duwang of a mind-boggle?

Lastly, this was longer than I ever intended this post to be. I'm sorry!
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:20 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Right, I was thinking the same thing. But seeing as Kira's father could be attached to a light pole over the characters babbling loudly about the events of the rock-paper-scissors fight and no one at all notices, I'm not too surprised.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
gedata wrote:
>Magician's Red has pyrokinesis
>Silver Chariot is really fast and has a rapier
>Star Platinum can punch stuff quickly and freeze time for a bit

Yeah now let's remember how some stands seemingly acted as extensions of the user or acted somewhat autonomously, or allowed their user to use telepathy when others weirdly couldn't. Or how some apparently allowed their characters to levitate even when it wasn't apart of their powerset for some unexplained reason.

Stands were never really that simple do to the fact that Araki just made things up surrounding as the series went along.

YoodiHoshi wrote:

Firstly, just getting this part out of the way - I think Hayato has placed his trust in Josuke guarding him. Yoshikage at this point is leaning toward ruthlessness after what the kid had done just now.

....The guy murders women in cold blood to collect their hands one of whom was Reimi he was ruthless long before he started blowing up middle schools and Hayato.

MarshalBanana wrote:
How the hell did they not hear them?

Actually they did hear them but they or rather Jotaro just assumed it was nothing.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Actually they did hear them but they or rather Jotaro just assumed it was nothing.
He said that he thought he heard his voice, which you would think he would go investigate.
bsus1412

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:33 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

He said that he thought he heard his voice, which you would think he would go investigate.

Now, if it was Rohan, I'd totally get that he wouldn't hear Josuke. But Jotaro? This is a guy who's spent years operating on suspicion due to Stand powers. He really should know better. Basically, he should know that even if he's maybe just imagining it, there's enough of a chance that it could be real to just check.
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
I just went back and checked the manga, and I do think David Productions screwed up on one thing regarding the Jotaro scene. In the manga it seems to be raining a bit harder, which of course would drown out Josuke's scream more. The distance apart that the two groups are seem to be relatively the same. So yeah, the rain was the main issue there.

Since this is JoJo though, a lot of people seemed to just go with it when it happened in the episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 26 of 28