• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Noragami + Aragoto (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:44 am Reply with quote
Lol why would I kill you?

Of course Hiyori won't become a phantom...I can only see a happy ending for this series.

Thanks for clearing that up about ト、vonPeterhof! I didn't get around to doing the research myself. Anime hyper
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Saving Yato proved to be more difficult than expected.
His real name... wonder what it is?
spoiler[Veena protecting Ebisu].. interesting.
So his spoiler[real name is Yaboku].
Gotta hand it to Hiyori, she figured it out!!
spoiler[Yato got saved & tried to save Ebisu..]
Final episode is gonna be difficult to watch.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Lol, I find it funny when Yato isn't in his jersey track suit or normal outfit. Gotta look good.

I know Ebisu has his own personal demons to fight with but so glad to see Yato and his friends to support him. His purpose was carried well in the finale and really bought out an emotional impact with all the drama that happened up to this point of the season. Hell, even Bishamon is supportive too. Ebisu as a kid is kinda funny and strangely hard to adapt with in this episode imo.

Overall, really enjoyed this season. Loved a lot of the moments in particular the first half. I think the second half of the season had its own moments as well. Season 3 please. Definitely going to rate this as very good.

"I am Yato!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:51 pm Reply with quote
WHAT.

Please, sir, I WOULD LIKE SOME MORE.

.....did you notice Yato's expression changed in the OP? Anime hyper
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
That ending... Has Bones ever made a third season of a show?
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Oh sure, BONES just slap that "Read the manga" ending like it won't frustrate the f**k out of me. *pouts* Thank goodness for Kodansha USA.

I knew that the spoiler[new dude had to be Father], I was hoping it wasn't since everyone could see them. Then I remembered the OVA where Yato hijacked Hiyori's body so, perfect. So screw spoiler[that guy] for making Hiyori forget Yato for a month.

Aww, the way spoiler[Ebisu died like he got shot by a Dominator] was too damn awful. Thanks to him, Yato now has a new purpose to become a God of Fortune. ;w;

Compared to season 1, this ending was more solid: leaves enough room for a possible season 3 but, doesn't ruin anything for people who haven't caught up with the manga.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 12 (finale)

The episode, it kind of felt like it jumped around a bit, but that gave sense to Yato's thoughts jumping around. Kind of a shock that the guy getting close to Hiyori was Yato's father. It felt like a real big deal when Yato removed his name from Nora.

When I watched the first season, I was quite negative on it, I understood the general themes, but it did not click with me that much. The second season though, I think this was actually fantastic. From the beginning I have to say it was one of the best first episodes of a second season I can think of, or perhaps it was just my impression for turning me around and making me look forward to this so much. The series went from something I was a bit iffy about, to being full blown awesome, which probably owes it to some change in focus. Movement away from Yukine being bratty, and into stories with Bishamon, Ebisu, and even deeper with Yato.

Each episode starting with the OP song, Hey Kids, I love the song, gets me so pumped. That actually made me feel a little funny at first too. I just love how it portrays all the characters in it, and that fun just oozes into the rest of the show and makes it all the better. It is a good OP when I feel myself not wanting to skip it.

For rating Noragami Aragoto, I going straight to Excellent, it was an excellent sequel. I kind of enjoyed it before, but this made me an actual fan.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:25 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
WHAT.

Please, sir, I WOULD LIKE SOME MORE.

.....did you notice Yato's expression changed in the OP? Anime hyper

I did! And I second your request.
While the first season was already quite good in its abilities to create an action story packed with fun characters, shinto legends, humor and drama while still making it a truly accessible show, it was downgraded by the filler arc. Also, people were divided on the Yukine arc. I personally wasn't that hung up about it, I think any whiny teenager wouldn't get many love. However, had the show been paced better or followed by a good arc like Bishamon's you'd already seen that Yukine got so much better. I really like Yukine now. He's still so young but his growth is remarkable. He's more stable than Yato is.

Small details aside (Kuga was purely a bad character here), this season was nearly perfect. While others may think it's a tease to give us hints of the next episodes that might never come, it also made it quite clear that the scene where Fujisaki kissed Hiyori, wasn't a badly placed scene to enhance the plot, it is in line with his character to do that.

I'll just throw around another Masterpiece rating because I loved this show so much. I think this rating will stay til I get to whatever shore I'm destined to go to.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:25 am Reply with quote
Season 2, OVA 2

Well Yato finally got what he really wanted, fulfilling his dream of spoiler[going to Capybara Land]. It was all going so nice, until spoiler[Kofuku decided she wanted in, specifically wanting to mess with Yato's good mood]. Hopefully some bad memories were overwrote for Hiyori. Yato can be such a kid.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:45 am Reply with quote
I was reminded of how we need more Noragami after watching the OAD. Yato is adorable. X3 We can always use more badass Bishamon too, and the current arc is not short on that. *_*
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:47 am Reply with quote
Aragato OVA episode 2:

Dunno if it's just me but I find the Caypa mascot somewhat creepy especially the eys Funny episode overall. Yato was like a little kid at that place LOL. And the teasing picture between him and Hiyori....

I thought Kazuma and Bishamon's date was cute too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 28 of 28