• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Removes Moribito from Weekend Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boznia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:15 am Reply with quote
babaca wrote:
I have nothing against an extra InuYasha... if they ever got to the point that they would show the episodes that haven't made the tv here. Is it so hard to finish the series already?

They've shown all the episodes of Inuyasha (even the four movies). Unless you're talking about the reruns, that is (which I don't know about).
dizzon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:24 am Reply with quote
I, like most everyone else have been waiting for episode 11, and when I found out it wasn't going to air this week I was pissed! But something smells fishy here. I, in no way like defending adult swims treatment of anime; at least not lately( I'm old school, I remember when they gave it top priority.). Normally when anime gets "the shaft" on AS, it's anime as a whole, not an individual series. I know Case Closed was talked about earlier, but that series just did awful ratings wise and it didn't fit in with the block of other shows.(i'm sorry, don't get mad at me!!). Moribito was getting ratings as good as Code Geass and was a solid part of the new Saturday block. I know AS has made many stupid choices in the past, but taking Moribito off now doesn't make much sense. I could be wrong by the way, it wouldn't be the first time. Wink
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quote
=/ This makes me kind of sad.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Hell, even Sci-Fi, for all their massive problems with commercials and being annoying, know how to keep a show in one slot and at a convenient time for the age demographic.

Like when they cut off Street Fighter II V two-thirds of the way through and never aired the rest of it?
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Hell, even Sci-Fi, for all their massive problems with commercials and being annoying, know how to keep a show in one slot and at a convenient time for the age demographic.

Like when they cut off Street Fighter II V two-thirds of the way through and never aired the rest of it?

Why the hell did they have to do that?

Of course, it's no loss to me because I've got the DVDs.

That aside, whoever's responsible for [AS]'s scheduling needs to be shot, drawn, and quartered for [expletive] with Moribito! YOU DO NOT fudge WITH OUR BIRTHRIGHT ANIME!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quote
the funny part is this show had consistently higher ratings than Code Geass.
Axe-336

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:46 am Reply with quote
I was actually really surprised when they STARTED this show on Adult Swim, and I'm actually far less surprised to find out they're cancelling it. I think its too serene to work on that channel, when someone is shocked about something they don't have the same expression for 45 seconds while carrying on an internal dialogue about how they were possibly thwarted.... Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but every other anime show on there is either like that or from the early days before InuYasha took over.
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:01 am Reply with quote
I find it ironic that Adult Swim always messes with anime that I least care about.

Three episodes of Moribito already put me to sleep.

Well, I suppose on restless nights, it works better than sleep aid....
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:04 am Reply with quote
fudge.

And fudge you all who didn't watch this show while you had the chance to support it.

EDIT: Haha, I was edited. But seriously, everyone that didn't watch this, you let me down. However, I realize that instead of getting mad I should have just shown my earnest disappointment to you.

I'm disappointed in you. Sad Please don't let this happen again. Please.
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:06 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
fudge.

And fudge you all who didn't watch this show while you had the chance to support it.

EDIT: Haha, I was edited. But seriously, everyone that didn't watch this, you let me down. However, I realize that instead of getting mad I should have just shown my earnest disappointment to you.

Hey. I at least gave it a chance.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quote
That Show sucked They did something good! Now put on Haruhi!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
fudge.

Hey. I at least gave it a chance.

And that's fine. If you didn't like it, then there's nothing you nor I could do about that.

I'm mostly talking to the people that never gave it a chance, regardless of how large or small that group may be.
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote
Ever since they moved all their anime to Saturday nights only, no story of AS's mistreatment of a series surprises me anymore.

A related question: why did they show the seventh episode of CG R2 last week if they showed the last one of the first season two weeks ago?
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:22 am Reply with quote
Anton Chigurh wrote:
Ever since they moved all their anime to Saturday nights only, no story of AS's mistreatment of a series surprises me anymore.

A related question: why did they show the seventh episode of CG R2 last week if they showed the last one of the first season two weeks ago?

Bandai fell behind on the dubs, so they had to delay them for three weeks.
cetriya

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:28 am Reply with quote
Weazul-chan wrote:
WHAT!~ that was the BEST anime they were airing!

I swear, sometimes it seems like the masses have no taste if something like this does so poorly ratings-wise it gets canned. this is more disappointing than Wolf's Rain only getting one full rerun.

as much as I like moribito, I cant watch shows at such times. I used to back in highschool but not now with early morning classes and work
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10