• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Natsuyuki Rendezvous (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:03 am Reply with quote
This was nice change of scenery.
Very emotional episode.
spoiler[Hazuki on his adventure in ghost's wonderland while Shimao was exploring the fact he's alive.
Well, soft of alive, anyway. He was acting pretty weird.
Doing things just to spite Hazuki was childish of him.
In the end it all backfired on him...]

I'm really interested to see how this body borrowing thing plays out.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:22 am Reply with quote
Least favourite episode yet. I did chuckle at Ghost-kun's spoiler[attempts to make MC look as dorky as possible, but otherwise did not enjoy his interaction with Widow-chan.] And don't even get me started on whatever the hell is going on with MC.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, can we still call this a "serious/mature" drama at this point? The two men are acting like petulant children fighting over a toy. And what I manga spoilers spoiler[heard about what goes on the future of the story doesn't sit well with me either. Apparently he remains possessed through the third volume, and the work is only four volumes long. I don't think Hazuki can grow a real relationship with Rokka if he's not even present.]
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I actually liked the fifth episode, especially because of spoiler[the extra backstory on Atsushi. Oh, and mini-Rokka. I'm also happy Hazuki's hair got cut and that "he" smiles, because I was getting a bit annoyed with his perpetually disinterested face. I just hope it's himself that cultivates a romance with Rokka or helps her out, not Atsushi. I don't want this guy to be relegated to "possessed doll/dream detective" for most of series.]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote
this week ep.6

spoiler[
ryousuke still fairy tale world with fairy rokka with her asking what would you do?
meanwhile atsu-suke & rokka with rokka want rub his back.
flashback time of when rokka lick atsushi's back & then atsu-suke hug rokka.
while ryousuke then wonder & said want go back home & recall time of seeing rokka.
then after hug atsu-suke tell rokka forget your dead husband.
rokka wonder to do see her book & talk with sister in law.
rokka get a mermaid book see atsu-suke & mention about her husband.
& ryousuke fell into a water pool while seeing mermaid rokka.

to be continued...]
Durga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:38 am Reply with quote
I didn't expect spoiler[the story to take this fairy tale twist, but I'm actually enjoying it. Despite how unrealistic the scenario is, the characters are still very believable, which I love. I just hope Hazuki escapes this fairy tale world soon and reclaims his body.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:18 am Reply with quote
Hazuki still stuck in the sketchbook world..
Well, it's not like he wasn't having at least some fun.
spoiler[Flashbacks to the past were interesting, but also sad.
Shimao was not having the best time with Rokka.]

Borrowing Hazuki's body was not what he was expecting to get out of that experience.
spoiler[Wow, didn't expect Shimao would say to let him go.
Looks like she's slowly and unwillingly letting go of Shimao.
Her confession to Hazuki was pretty awkward.]
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I find myself liking it less with each new episode. Is it just me or is some of the dialogue a little incoherent? I'm watch the crunchyroll stream and I just have this niggling feel that the subs are not getting everything across.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it was just a poorly written manga and noitamina choose it for its length? Just because something is considered josei or seinen is no indication of intelligence or high level writing. Just because the characters are adults doesn't necessarily mean they'll behave accordingly.

Anywho, this anime did cause one of my favorite doujinshi artists to choose it for C82, so that should be awesome.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:52 am Reply with quote
Yeah, my enthusiasm is waning too.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
For me part of the problem is that they've spoiler[separated Atsushi and Ryosuke and eliminated their direct confrontations,] which was a lot of what was driving the series.

I was expecting spoiler[the possession], since it was flagged in the first episode, but I thought it would be sort of spoiler[a reversal of their roles, with Ryosuke being the onlooker while Atsushi controlled the body.] I think that would've been more interesting, but I'm willing to see where they take this in the format they've chosen.
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Maybe it was just a poorly written manga and noitamina choose it for its length? Just because something is considered josei or seinen is no indication of intelligence or high level writing. Just because the characters are adults doesn't necessarily mean they'll behave accordingly.

Why would you assume that I assume that? I'd like to think I am not an individual who'd judge a work's quality based solely on the age of the protagonists and the genre it is pigeon-holed in.

But for such an intimate show with so much one-to-one dialogue I do believe there is some extra subtelty in the language used here that is not (and cannot easily be) interpreted and expressed, regardless of the quality of the original writing in Japanese. It's just the nature of translation, especially between 2 such disparate languages.

Last edited by Pixelationist on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Hm. Don't really know what to say about the series. It started off kind of interesting but it has yet to go beyond that. The characters just seem stuck in their status quo and not really move anywhere. I hate that phrase but nothing really happens...
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only person who actually likes the latest episodes?
Sure characters act like not-so-nice-people ,but I think largely due to the directing skills Kou Matsuo they come off as very natural.
Just like when spoiler[Hazuki asks Roka to have sex with him,while this can easily be interpreted as a very very aggressive move,it felt to me as very spontaneous and silly move(just like it was intended I believe).]
I still am entertained by the character interaction,the voice acting is definitely top notch and I am intrigued by the world Hazuki is in(I wish that they would give it more attention).
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I'm still enjoying this show too. Considering how Atsushi was sick most of his life and how Hazuki doesn't seem to have good social skills, I continue to think that they acted believably. In these current episodes, they're in the process of growing up, which is good to see.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7