• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dog Days (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:26 am Reply with quote
Ugh. I hope this doesn't happen with the second Nanoha movie disk. It is nice to have the option to actually buy these and see them with subtitles and Seven Arcs had been awesome about putting good subs on these disks.

I guess I go back to hoping for a NA release for this, since I don't want to buy just half (or rather a third) of the show.

On a Dog Days note, I loved how Cou-sama suggested that Sink marry both Becky and Millefi. Its been a while since we had an anime that took into account the multiple wives possibility. (Tenchi did this back in the nineties, but they never went anywhere with it. Boo.)
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
Ugh. I hope this doesn't happen with the second Nanoha movie disk. It is nice to have the option to actually buy these and see them with subtitles and Seven Arcs had been awesome about putting good subs on these disks.

I guess I go back to hoping for a NA release for this, since I don't want to buy just half (or rather a third) of the show.

On a Dog Days note, I loved how Cou-sama suggested that Sink marry both Becky and Millefi. Its been a while since we had an anime that took into account the multiple wives possibility. (Tenchi did this back in the nineties, but they never went anywhere with it. Boo.)

to love ru: perhaps might come to mind.
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
誤称 wrote:

to love ru: perhaps might come to mind.

True. I tend to forget about to love-ru, mainly cause I didn't like the princess and it felt a lot like Urusei Yatsura/Trouble Chocolate/That Henshin-y Space Princess show that ADV released like 6 seasons of a few years back. Very Happy God, that show was so forgettable I forgot what it was called.

Dog Days has cute designs and, with a couple exceptions, doesn't go overboard on the boobs. Very Happy (Yukki and Leo-sama are really exceptions.)

I did kinda feel let down about how little time was given to Nanami in season 2. I'd like to see her story expanded on somehow. (Besides, sporty girls with short hair? Rawr.)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
I did kinda feel let down about how little time was given to Nanami in season 2. I'd like to see her story expanded on somehow. (Besides, sporty girls with short hair? Rawr.)

I didn't particularly care about Nanami, but I did feel there were just way too many characters, so it was hard to focus on anyone. The cast is so huge now that I have a hard time keeping them all straight.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
With the advent of a third season upon us, I thought it privy to start watching this show first two seasons.

Except...why oh why did Crunchyroll EVER think it was a good idea to romanize Shinku's name as "Sink"?! That is so immensly boneheaded it's ridiculous. Whoever thought that was a good idea...just ugh. His name is so obviously "Shinku"...I can't watch this show on CR with a name change this egregious.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
If you think that's bad, for season 2, I'm pretty sure they subbed it as Cinque.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
At least "Cinque" is a pseudo-french name like all the other characters.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
im totally ok with Cinque
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

why would shinku be translated as Five in french (cinque)
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
i have no idea
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
getchman wrote:

why would shinku be translated as Five in french (cinque)

Because most of the characters in the series have french names?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
But he's half british...
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
French name is fine but shinku is not five in Japanese why translate it incorrectly?

Mod edit- Please refrain from excessive quoting - Psycho
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Not to mention that not all the other names are French. Biscotti sure as hell ain't a French name.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote
Season 3 episode 1:

Not bad actually. spoiler[Decent OP song with action at the end and introduction of a girl with archery skills. Some parts felt a bit silly though like the Tarzan-like swings.]

The way they landed in the other world was almost amusing to watch though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5