• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2009 Haruhi TV Run's 8th Episode Listed as New Episode

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megas88

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I've observed the facts quite thourghly and while we can't be sure that the new season rumor is authentic we can look at these facts.

One. The new season was delayed many times due to sso many reasons. However it was intended clearly to air much eariler than now due to all of the leaks, posters, viral vids, THE SITE BEING DOWN!!!!!! etc.

Two, A new image that couldn't possibly be drawn by a fan has surfaced on a site around 4/30/09 (unfortunatly the site escapes my history at the moment.) showing a scene clearly from a certain point in a not from season 1 scene:

spoiler[ Kyon holding Mikuru while older Mikuru is there looking at her sleeping in his arms. ]

Three, when we heard of the new season in the new type article it was assumed that the new season would be completely different from what we had expected. Haruhi having long hair, Kyon not narrating etc. In addition to this it was stated that it would begin with a starting point from the later novels: spoiler[ The Disappearance ]

And Four, all the above mentioned hints of the dates. Plus, why would they choose now or recent of all times to broadcast that youtube chibi series? Would it make sense to have those even aired if a clear release for season 2 was not plausible?

With all these in place it could only concluded that a new season or at least new season related episode is coming very soon. Let us all pray that Haruhi does not smite anyone for making her wait this long.

Also, to the above: The order that season 1 aired in was meant as a joke. Check the opening theme credits and you'll see exactly what I mean. SHE'S THE FREAKIN ULTRA DIRECTOR! MUAHHAHAHAHAHA!
bayoab

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quote
megas88 wrote:
THE SITE BEING DOWN!!!!!! etc.

They do this every december for the novels.

Quote:
Two, A new image that couldn't possibly be drawn by a fan has surfaced on a site around 4/30/09 (unfortunatly the site escapes my history at the moment.) showing a scene clearly from a certain point in a not from season 1 scene:

It was from an artbook.

Quote:
And Four, all the above mentioned hints of the dates. Plus, why would they choose now or recent of all times to broadcast that youtube chibi series? Would it make sense to have those even aired if a clear release for season 2 was not plausible?

Because... those series are rather recent and it will sell regardless?
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I feel like I have been trolled
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
we heard of the new season in the new type article it was assumed that the new season would be completely different from what we had expected. Haruhi having long hair, Kyon not narrating etc.

God, I hope that rumour about Kyon not narrating is true. I'd love to see some TMoHS eppies without that ass jabbering in my ear the entire time.
TheHaruhiIncarnate

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Evil or Very Mad
THIS HAD BETTER NOT BE A TROLL!!!

Other than that, my heart is bouncing around in my body, jumping for joy.

Let's just see next week.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm eager to accept this news as a sign of good things to come. The whole "re-airing with new stuff and more episodes than before" just SCREAMED that there would be brand new Haruhi episodes. Really, I just think the plan took longer to come together than expected, hence all of the false starts that people keep calling "trolling."

Not that the company shouldn't be criticized for making us think this was going to happen much sooner than now but I don't think they intentionally set out the annoy fans. (That doesn't seem like a winning sales strategy.)

Anyway, can't wait to see this.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:20 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
megas88 wrote:

No, the site really is down right now! Try accessing sosbrigade.com

bayoab wrote:
megas88 wrote:

It was from an artbook.

Really, because looking at my Official Haruhi Suzumiya Fan-Book I see no such picture. If you've seen this picture then please provide the link.

Last edited by sailorsean on Sun May 17, 2009 10:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Perfect Chaos

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quote
It's not. Kyon narrates everything in the light novels, and KyoAni's not the type of company that will stray away from something that significant. And what's wrong with Kyon? If you can't stand him, then the Haruhi series isn't for you...

And the official website does things during specific times, every year; like on December 18th for "the Vanishment incident", a specific thing for an Endless Eight reference in August (don't feel like explaining it), etc.

And the mixed-up order for the first series wasn't really meant as a "joke". It was used mainly to put the climax at the end. Another thing is that it was similar to how the light novels releases its stories. In the novel's case, the main plot is all released chronologically, with side-stories inserted in between them at random places. In the anime's case, the "main plot" is limited to just the story of the first volume (and is split-up into episodes as apposed to the novel's stories being split up into many different major volumes), and the side-stories are everything else.

And I believe megas88 is referring to this: http://static.minitokyo.net/view/47/32/386647.jpg

Then there's this, a scene from Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody: http://static.minitokyo.net/view/10/43/387160.jpg

But yeah, the fact that official images of new scenes are popping up is a good sign. Especially when the latter has the heading that translates to something like "Beginning July 7th" (which is around when the 15th episode of the 28 episodes air).

Last edited by Perfect Chaos on Sun May 17, 2009 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Machius

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:25 pm Reply with quote
If they are airing a second season like this(by mingling it with the first season and following the sequential order of the novels).

Then i'm going to be interested in the OP and ED sequences because it's my suspicion that they've been trying to find a new song on the level of Hare Hare Yukai, and failing so they've quite possibly done it this way just to be able to reuse the original.

Still with all the jerking around thus far i'm not quite going to believe it until I see it with my own eyes.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I know the site does stuff like that. It's meant as a way to make people go buy the novels

The anime has like three orders all of which are good. Just depends if you like a order where the climax is at the end. In the middle or any where in the series

Still we must wait, if any one spotted the stuff in the Haruhi-chan songs. you know they say stuff about season two and about people wanting it.
bayoab

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:28 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
bayoab wrote:
megas88 wrote:

It really is down... try accessing sosbrigade.com
Thats some fansite hosted on dreamhost (English meta tags if you need proof). Also, he was referencing something that clearly was in the past and the one that normally disappears is haruhi.tv (the official SOS dan site).
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Perfect Chaos wrote:
It's not. Kyon narrates everything in the light novels, and KyoAni's not the type of company that will stray away from something that significant. And what's wrong with Kyon? If you can't stand him, then the Haruhi series isn't for you...

And the official website does things during specific times, every year; like on December 18th for "the Vanishment incident", a specific thing for an Endless Eight reference in August (don't feel like explaining it), etc.

And the mixed-up order for the first series wasn't really meant as a "joke". It was used mainly to put the climax at the end. Another thing is that it was similar to how the light novels releases its stories. In the novel's case, the main plot is all released chronologically, with side-stories inserted in between them at random places. In the anime's case, the "main plot" is limited to just the story of the first volume (and is split-up into episodes as apposed to the novel's stories being split up into many different major volumes), and the side-stories are everything else.

And I believe megas88 is referring to this: http://static.minitokyo.net/view/47/32/386647.jpg

Then there's this, a scene from Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody: http://static.minitokyo.net/view/10/43/387160.jpg

But yeah, the fact that official images of new scenes are popping up is a good sign. Especially when the later has the heading that translates to something like "Beginning July 7th" (which is around when the 15th episode of the 28 episodes air).

Oh, wow by the sentence in the corner it seems these images came from Newtype am I right?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
And what's wrong with Kyon? If you can't stand him, then the Haruhi series isn't for you...

He bores me. And guess what? You can actually like the series and not like Kyon or his endless narration. Shocking, yet true. I guess the fact there are these things called "other characters" that help.
bayoab

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
bayoab wrote:
megas88 wrote:

It was from an artbook.

Really, because looking at my Official Haruhi Suzumiya Fan-Book I see no such picture. If you've seen this picture then please provide the link.
They released 3 new art books in the past month. One for each major female character.

Haruhi

Mikuru

Nagato
msgundam2

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
They released 3 new art books in the past month. One for each major female character.

Haruhi

Mikuru

Nagato

there all out of Out of Print. there is always hope on the internet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 11