• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! + -Heart Throb (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:56 am Reply with quote
I have a few miscellaneous things to say:

I love KyoAni's animation for a lot of reasons, but one of my favorites is their facial expressions. They're so much more...expressive then other shows. Just the little subtle things, the bend of a brow, a worried look, it's great.

What are these 'Lite' things everybody's talking about? Am I missing some content here?

I've noticed that Yuuta is the only male in this Eastern Magic Nap Summer whatever club.

Damn, I have something else I wanted to ask, but I forgot...
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:29 am Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:

What are these 'Lite' things everybody's talking about? Am I missing some content here?

There are also 5 minutes ONA episodes coming out every week along with the parent story.http://myanimelist.net/anime/15687/Chuunibyou_demo_Koi_ga_Shitai!_Lite
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:28 am Reply with quote
Hentai_JP wrote:
Final thoughts: Kyoani (finally) strikes gold again.

I know, right? There was a whole 17 days in between the end of Hyouka and the start of this. Outrageous we had to wait so long. Wink
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for Shinka to prove to be the craziest one of them all Laughing
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I'm still waiting for Shinka to prove to be the craziest one of them all Laughing

I always had my suspicions
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I just finished the latest Lite and goddamn was it cute.

Yuuta's sister is the best. I mean, the BEST. This little vignette with her and Rikka was really fun to watch. My only complaint is that it didn't show the actual making of the meat stew.

I also have a question about Rikka's eyepatch. I don't think she actually needs it, as told by one of the Lites, but in the first episode she was administered eyedrops, so I don't get it. I hope it'll be explained. Yes, I know I didn't -really- ask a question.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
ONA Lite, Episode 4

So it seems that Rikka does not have the spoiler[cooking knowledge of her sister, it was adorable seeing her with Yuuta's sister though, that little girl is indeed a monster moeness.]

@ ZorgonXtreme
Of course she does not need it, she only wears it to look cool, and she made up the whole wicked eye thing with contact to do some sort of Geass like act. She was only given the eye drops because she was saying t was hurting, which of course was an act.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Might not necessarily be an act. She does have a contact lense in there. Could be irritating her eye.
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Yttrbio wrote:
Well, if my "position of relevant information in anime" meter is working properly, the spoiler[reason isn't really unknown, she's the online nut who wrote that book Hairlecopter was reading.]
That seems likely as when rewatching I noticed the spoiler[manuscript was written by someone called Forest Summer, and the club name seemed to include "of Summer" when she joined ther group.]

When something like that pops up always check the kanji. Wink
spoiler[Shinka - Nibutani's given name - is written as 森夏, which equates to: forest + summer. Those are elementary characters so the pseudonym would be very obvious to a Japanese audience.]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Wait how does Yuuta know the teacher? spoiler[I don't recall seeing the teacher in previous episodes and yet we have Yuuta calling her Nana chan, like she is some relative of Yuuta. I couldn't find her on animelist.]

maybe it is just because she is adorable.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Well the truth about Shinka comes out. spoiler[While she's not the craziest of the bunch (at least not anymore) like I thought, she is kind of a bitch. That is a bit disappointing.]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Having the spoiler[chuunibyou think the other dude's chuunibyou was lame was a nice touch, and much more plausible than the relationship between the other two].
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4
Oh wow, I might have to re-watch this episode. It was that damn hilarious. spoiler[The fight, the house invitation, the poses, the "magic ritual", the moe, and all that other good stuff.]

Well, the OP song doesn't induce as much as eye seizures than before. That's good and so was this episode imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Oh Nibutani, the thing I like more than her just being cute is that spoiler[she is a total two face, reminds me quite a bit of Ami, so much better when they just cut the crap]. Turns out spoiler[she is very much like Yuuta, she hates hearing and thinking about what she was like before, doing similar things to him, although she arguably takes some prize for actually regressing and trying to curse the other girl.]

I like the character more now.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Well the truth about Shinka comes out. spoiler[While she's not the craziest of the bunch (at least not anymore) like I thought, she is kind of a bitch. That is a bit disappointing.]

I actually liked Shinka's real attitude. Its good to have different personalities in a group. And I doubt people here are too high on the goody two shoes beautiful girl cliche in anime high schools. I loved how she spoiler[ call him a loser even though she is guilty of doing the same embarrassing things. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 21