• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Say, "I Love You" (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
ep.4

spoiler[the more whole mei-yamato doing indeed expect some people getting jealous about so now meet hayakawa who tried to ruin it.

but get let see grit those teeth punch by yamato cause of insulting mei then give each them own probs like aiko's "dieting" issues wanting yamato give mei feel sorry for her.

yet mei checking on yamato see his hand cause defend for mei.
]

4eps of this with drama, emotion, etc wonder degrassi route keep going?
maaya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:00 am Reply with quote
Yea, with ep 4 I am starting to understand why this series is such a bestseller. It's been getting better and I like how it deals with some of the darker issues of being a teenager rather than being a pure romance story.

Mei's reaction to that jerk (even if his life seems pretty sad in its own way) trying to intimidate her was great. spoiler["......." *delete*] She's probably a good role model for girls with low self-esteem and insecurities.

Riddley wrote:
I like the artwork in this despite my loathing of BIG ANIME EYES, which Mei has in spades.

I like this more realistic style of many shōjo mangas. Natural hair colors / styles and even the eyes ... Mei's are big I guess, but not "Arina Tanemura" / Ribon-kind of big and colorful.

Quote:
It's not as good as NANA (hah, I can say that now having watched it)

That was fast oO Paradise Kiss next?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Riddley wrote:
BIG ANIME EYES

The animated film Robots immediately came to mind upon reading this
Riddley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
maaya wrote:

Quote:
It's not as good as NANA (hah, I can say that now having watched it)

That was fast oO Paradise Kiss next?

Epic marathon. I'm fortunate enough that I can load and watch HD videos on my phone so fills up that freetime on the public transport Smile And yeah, definitely Paradise Kiss is up next.

getchman wrote:
Riddley wrote:
BIG ANIME EYES

Haha, good cus that's where it came from Smile
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Riddley wrote:

getchman wrote:
Riddley wrote:
BIG ANIME EYES

Haha, good cus that's where it came from Smile

sweet. such a funny movie
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
So many problems, so much drama...I honestly can't get enough. I was this excited over new episodes of Paradise Kiss, NANA and Kimi ni Todoke as well. Good that Yamato punched Hayakawa, he deserved it.

Manga related spoiler spoiler[I find it somewhat amusing that the anime merely hints at sex, because there was a lot of it going on in the manga. Hayakawa is basically introduced whilst having sex.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

spoiler[So Kurosawa got himself an abandoned kitten.
Well, it was thinks to Mei though..
Mei's cat on the other hand was pretty passive.
Her first time at Kurosawa's place was interesting.
Kurosawa's little sister Nagi kinda ruined the mood..
Well, that kid had her own problems. I kinda felt sorry for her.
She's pretty talented too ^^ It didn't take long for her to hit it off with Mei.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5
Not a very dramatic episode imo but was still decent to watch.

At first, I didn't like spoiler[Nagi] much in this episode but later on appreciated her more after glancing a little at her past, her skills of crafting things, and her improved relationship with Mei.

Overall, a relaxing episode imo and I think Kuro (the cat) is pretty cute. Too bad the name is not original like the others said..I mean, there's another cat by the same name from the series, Blue Exorcist.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
ep.5

spoiler[so um let see yamato look saw mei & black cat then go help raise black cat til call mei for help all good.

then mei go to yamato’s house & meet his sister sure then give yamato’s sister had probs in past aka just like mei cause so called “friends” just only play & eat not notice yamato’s sister.

then when yamato go out mei & yamato’s sister had some talk, weaponized cookies that mei make for her dad, stuffed animal, etc get along all fine got better with two cats as well.
]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
kitten care: serious business
Riddley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this episode from a character development point-of-view in terms of Mei.

Having said that, is it just me or does Kurosawa get more boring every episode? I think the most interesting part was when he jumped on his bike. spoiler[I did like that there wasn't the pussy-footing around when she got into his room. Him just grabbing her and pulling her down was a very "mature" touch. But again with the "OMG I'm in a boys room...must FREAKOUT!" clique annoys the hell out of me. Common....]

At the same time I think he's boring because it's like he never does anything really interesting to me. I was more taken by spoiler[Nagi and Mei's relationship] than him.

And honestly, spoiler[has anyone one else ever owned a cat and tried to introduce it to a kitten? LEt alone do it in an environment the cat isn't used too? At first I was like, YEAH, FIGHT FIGHT cus that's exactly what would have happened. That kitten woulda gotten it's arse handed to it. But then the snuggling? REALLY? Have you ever seen a cat before, dear writers?]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Riddley wrote:

Having said that, is it just me or does Kurosawa get more boring every episode?

yeah, he is kinda boring right now, but i think the main reason for that is because the story is focusing more on Mei growing out of her shell.
maaya

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Yea, ep 5 was meh. On one hand it's nice that Mei and Nagi, who's in a way similar to her became friends, on the other hand I found the development to be handled in a too simplistic way.
I also hope there'll be more of a continuing story / more engaging character growth and character interaction ... for now the series is pretty episodic. One ep for Asami and Nakanishi, one for the jealous rival, one for the "jealous" sister ... the series really hasn't touched me emotionally yet (which makes me just appreciate Ai Yazawa's talent even more).

Riddley wrote:
Having said that, is it just me or does Kurosawa get more boring every episode?

For now I find the series in general to be a bit on the boring side. Ep 4 showed potential for something more, something deeper? but ep 5 didn't deliver on that.

Riddley wrote:
cats

hehe, that part was rather cheesy imho, with the pretty flat comparison between the cats' and the girls' relationships (things like that always make me feel like watching a kids' show). But Mei's cat, like his name Marshmallow, seems to be pretty phlegmatic, letting himself be carried around in a small bag and all, so with a cat like that it might work ^^;
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
spoiler["oh look he's forcing, Yay! he pooped!"] poor cat has a dedicated watcher.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6
So, there's a model named spoiler[Megumi. She's cute and popular, and I'm guessing that spells out as competition for Mei. That photo shoot later on looked natural although quite real imo and I think Mei is feeling inferior..]

Uh oh, this relationship is starting a turning point from the way I'm seeing it here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 12