• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seitokai no Ichizon (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I figured the hot teacher would do it for you, considering which character type you profess turns you on haha.

I'm liking this show mainly because of Sugisaki Ken. It has serious undertones and he's proven more than once that his harem schtick is more or less a farce and that he does really care about the other members of the seitokai. I personally am interested to see what develops from here on as it seems almost like his harem act is purposefully for the sake of keeping any of them from falling for him. I mean if he wanted to he could have buttered that scene with Minatsu up when he offered to stay in contact for activities, but he didn't - and yet she still believed he would follow through. Well; I find this show interesting enough to follow along for now.

Also, I too cracked up over the Hinamizawa joke.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Skylark wrote:
I'm liking this show mainly because of Sugisaki Ken. It has serious undertones and he's proven more than once that his harem schtick is more or less a farce and that he does really care about the other members of the seitokai.

It is an interesting theory, but I'm not convinced yet. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying I need to see more evidence of this. Personally, I think he is exactly what he appears to be: a harem-lovin' horndog. However, I may be just projecting my own nature on him. Very Happy
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quote
late post on the episode is late

I enjoyed the episode, I thought the comdey equaled to the drama level in the episode leaving it to where it was good plot building.

Also I love how the teacher's dream is to go to Hinamizawa Anime hyper
Houlgrave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Skylark wrote:
I figured the hot teacher would do it for you, considering which character type you profess turns you on haha.

I'm liking this show mainly because of Sugisaki Ken. It has serious undertones and he's proven more than once that his harem schtick is more or less a farce and that he does really care about the other members of the seitokai. I personally am interested to see what develops from here on as it seems almost like his harem act is purposefully for the sake of keeping any of them from falling for him.

Personally, I think you are absolutely right and I'm continuing to watch this show for the exact same reason. Smile

And furthermore, assuming he does end up with someone at the end, maybe we'll actually end up surprised by his choice...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quote
Yeah the interesting points are how Ken often acts in front of the girls is often different to some of the other development that he doesn't mention to all of them. He must obviously know that if he really wanted the to really like him, he could act differently, yet instead he acts like a perverted side character. And we also saw flashback of what looks like something Ken said to Minatsu at some point was somehow puzeling.

On another note I enjoyed like I usualy do when they ask each member what their idea for somethig is, and each one does something conected to their personality or hobby. Though I would have liked to have seen more of what each character's exact thoughts were.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:43 am Reply with quote
Well, Ken only talked about his harem two times this episode.

He did think about them when he said he would really go once a week to hold meetings, taking a part time job to pay the travel fees. I mean that's showing he really holds the student council as a whole, with high regards.
Niomo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:25 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Skylark wrote:
I'm liking this show mainly because of Sugisaki Ken. It has serious undertones and he's proven more than once that his harem schtick is more or less a farce and that he does really care about the other members of the seitokai.

It is an interesting theory, but I'm not convinced yet.

I agree. Though, like I've said before, I enjoy Ken's normal caring side more than his "Harem 24/7" side.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit confused about the badges event proposed during this episode. Was it from spoiler[Hunter x Hunter]?
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I have no idea I haven't read that much of that manga, but the tournament sounds like any normal fighting manga/anime type deal
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Actually, to become a hunter Gon(from Hunter x Hunter) had to undergo a preliminary test and one of the tests was to steal other hunter candidates' badges. And that's why I thought it was so alike... but Hunter x Hunter is quite old(9 years, about) and using reference from such an old anime isn't very likely to happen; that's what I thought at first.
Niomo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote
It's also like yugioh. when they were on Pegasus' island they needed to fight for those star badge things.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Ok episode 7

They went to Tokyo for a mini summer trip hoping to get something done. Instead they don't do anything because there not used to the heat there. On the way to Tokyo they take a sleeper train over, where we see Ken chained up and blindfolded again so he doesn't see the girl's pj's.

Over all the episode was quite funny. I thought when Ken was looking at all there bags to see what they brought was pretty laugh at funny.

Mafuyu being her rpg self is set in full swing with her comparing her normal looking traits to those of a minor character in a rpg that every one forgets about.

The let's add ending words to are sentences bit was just, Anime hyper funny and cute.
Niomo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Ahem:

They. Let. Us. Out. Of. The. Damn. Room.

Hallelujah!

Anyways, I feel that this was the best episode of the season so far. Ken did not utter "harem" once and honestly, he acted pretty normal. Good to see. I approve!

There were so many scenes where I laughed out loud. Especially Ken's ghost story. I expected it to be something like that, but it fit in (for once).

Though I became a bit confused with their endings. I suppose that is because I do not live in Japan, so their mannerisms (like how meow is Nyan) elude me...

I figured that Mokyu is the sound a sheep/goat thing makes? Could anyone fill in the blanks on the other 4? I know what "on the Contrary" means in english, does it hold any other meaning in Japan? Mafyuu seemed to misinterpret it...

Hopefully they let us out of the room again soon. High Five Seitokai!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 7 was funny, probably my favirout was Mafyu, in her only packing consoel's snacks, and her rant of her being the weakest character in an RPG. And I was quite shocked to see the contents of the prez's bag, that is beyond being cute, but at least she had what every lady needs, a large stuffed elephant.

I think that mafyu's "on the contrary" was suposed to be an old teenage maerism, simular to the American "like totally".
Niomo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
her rant of her being the weakest character in an RPG.

Sad part? yeah, its totally true. There's always that one npc thats worthless and you ditch once you get a better member to replace him/her down the road lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9