• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: British Anime Net Dancer Beckii Cruel Gets DVD in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Not to interfere where I shouldn't but, those "otaku" is what you should be careful of. As many examples I've read about before, about "otaku" being quite passive until the "celebrities" they are "revering" start going out with someone of the other sex, in other words, getting married, or even going out on a date. I doubt it would ever happen within the UK, but acting with precaution never hurts.
Labbes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote
She finds the rhythm (does that expression exist in English?) and she has fun. What else does she need, I mean, come on. It's not like I would have been any better with 14, except looking...different.
eyeresist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:33 pm Reply with quote
This was on the TV news this morning, so I guess it has gone mainstream. The music videos, presumably from the DVD, weren't impressive. She can't really sing, and the dancing looked amateurish. But then they showed a bit of the original youtube stuff, which looked much more impressive.

We also saw footage of crazed Japanese fans (TM), who turned out to be a large number of middle-aged women with their young daughters. Not an otaku in sight, at least not on that day.

It all just goes to prove that people are stupid on the internet Confused
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:35 am Reply with quote
It's been on American and British news since my mother hsa mentioned it and I've seen a link to MSNBC.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:50 pm Reply with quote
She's even made her way to the pages of the Metro, thus exposing her to legions of commuters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Rebecca Fletch, (her real name) did a webcam interview with Sky News yeaterday. I must say she's either quite mature for her age, or extremely naive. Her father was interviewed as well and he also seems to be putting alot of faith into "some good people in Japan" who are "arranging things" for her and the others. The reason shooting stars are so bright is because they burn up upon entry to the Earth. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4