• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Haruhi Anime Season's DVDs Mentioned in New Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:57 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That is the exact same thing as saying that Slayers Next is really 78 episodes because it's part of Slayers as a whole. No, it doesn't work like that.

It does for me Laughing and I don't really care about that, I mean they will be released in one box set sooner or later, then that means that they are one and that is how it will be viewed by the consumer. So just chill. If I didn't know any better, it seems like you want season 2 to do poorly.

Just let me remind you all haters of the second season (endless eight). If the second season does less then expected or poorly then that will not warrant a quick or a definite release of the movie. So just think about what you are complaining about hear and then talk. I don't think I will like the Endless Eight either but it's something I'm willing to sit through knowing something really good will happen in just of it.

I see the Endless Eight as a necessary evil in order to get the Movie here as well.

So you can b*tch and mone if you want, as long as you buy it, I don't care what you think of the series. Just know that if you don't by it then the movie will not make it's way here.

Then endless eight, 10 years down the line, will still be skipped and thought of as crap and a huge low point in the series. Kind of like the Island Arc in Nadia. That show would be a pure 9 or 10 of a series if those episodes didn't exist.

I am fairly certain that people in Bandai might be able to discern the difference between piece of crap show and good movie. If they had anyone looking online at any site anywhere, no one cares about Haruhi s2, all attention is on the movie now. I say they just forget the second season all together, it'd be better not to waste money on that when that money could all directly go to the movie's procurement and dubbing instead. You act like they NEED to sell a lot of s2 for the movie to do well. No, it doesn't work like that.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:57 am Reply with quote
Shale wrote:
Except FMP! was followed by Fumoffu, which was very different from the original series in a way that's pretty much designed to hook people who didn't like or didn't watch the original. Meanwhile, Haruhi season 2 is, from what I know, at best more of Haruhi season 1, and at worst a gigantic insult to everybody paying money for it.

And how about the movie that is to follow the second season, Isn't the movie to Season 2, just like Fumoffu is to FMP.

IF you think that the movie could be shown right after the first season the you are wrong. True, that it's questionable to how the second season was planned and executed but all you act as if the second season has nothing to offer and that it was better not to have it at all. Man you all are hypocrites. First beg for a second season and then B*tch about it once they make it and now you don't like how they made it. It's their F*cking money and they payed to make it now just shut up, sit there and reap what you sowe. Man, there are too many winney F*ckers here, I'm out if you want to B*tch more then go ahead. I'm just not going to be a part of it anymore.

My stand is that this is good news and that if you don't support it then you are directly not supporting the movie getting licensed. I'm Happy for the people that like this news and are greatful.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:06 am Reply with quote
Shale wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:
If I didn't know any better, it seems like you want season 2 to do poorly.

Yes, for the same reason Dragonball Evolution should do poorly. You're catching on!

Then how the hell will the movie come out. Funimation announces it will not release Windup Season 2 before it even came out, just because it didn't sell well.

What you are basically saying is that you don't want to see the Haruhi Movie dubbed and released here. Then you just don't like this show and your opinion is excluded from this topic, at least to me.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:09 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Shale wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:
If I didn't know any better, it seems like you want season 2 to do poorly.

Yes, for the same reason Dragonball Evolution should do poorly. You're catching on!

Then how the hell will the movie come out. Funimation announces it will not release Windup Season 2 before it even came out, just because it didn't sell well.

What you are basically saying is that you don't want to see the Haruhi Movie dubbed and released here. Then you just don't like this show and your opinion is excluded from this topic, at least to me.

Because the high budget Disappearance of Haruhi theatrical movie is not the same thing as the low budget E8/Sighs Haruhi TV series.

Big Windup isn't getting anymore of it licensed because FUNi leaned, like all other licensees, that sports anime historically don't do well in America.

Also, if Bandai doesn't get the Haruhi movie, then someone like FUNi sure as hell will. They don't seem the type who would let very sought after things slip them by, like the Eva movies.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Shale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:12 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:

Endless Eight is a gigantic middle finger to the people paying KyoAni's salaries no matter how good or crappy the rest of the franchise is. The idea is that if the crappy part of the series sells worse than the (relatively) good part, they'll stop making crappy anime because it doesn't sell. Is it that complicated?
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:42 am Reply with quote
Errrr....I think people might be getting a little ahead of themselves in just presuming that the movie is going to be good, especially considering that all we've seen of it so far have been some slidedshows and a very brief trailer with what may or may not be a couple key scenes.

Why not just stick to a confirmed entity like our topic in Season 2?
Cynim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:48 am Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
"Haruhi 2! Half as much as you thought you'd get!"

I second that !! very well thought !! Laughing
Anyway, Super Driver in English : nice singing, but why do the Americans always tend to translate songs ?? the Japanese version is way better. Plus the rhythm of the song is very "un-english-y" (like so many other songs of that kind)
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:50 am Reply with quote
I've given up on Bandai doing anything remotely sane any more. I mean if Beez, their European (and, by far, most sane) Branch, can't get get something as simple as releasing Anime Legends boxsets right then how can they be expected to do that right thing for Haruhi S2, which is to not release it because, seriously, it'll not sell.

It'll sell One Copy (if that) and then get DVD ripped to hell and back.

Which, frankly speaking, is what should happen.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:58 am Reply with quote
Assuming Bandai does not just release the whole season in one set, I would expect to see a two part release splitting the 2nd season in equal parts. Of course most of endless eight would end up on the first set, but maybe there'll be nice extras, like Haruhi-chan.
Of course that assumes they wont just re-release the whole series with all the episodes in order. Though I suppose they could do that as well, but I'd be annoyed if the second season wasn't released separately.

I don't expect individual releases, because I think that Bandai doesn't want to lose money on one or two releases due to people not buying endless eight. Yes, I know it sold 10k+ in Japan, but that's obviously a different market. IIRC, those numbers would be quite unusual for most US releases, unlike how many popular series do in Japan.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:04 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
I've given up on Bandai doing anything remotely sane any more. I mean if Beez, their European (and, by far, most sane) Branch, can't get get something as simple as releasing Anime Legends boxsets right then how can they be expected to do that right thing for Haruhi S2, which is to not release it because, seriously, it'll not sell.

How about their simultaneous releases and their actually making use of the internet as a tool for promoting anime by uploading it for free onto their channels on various video sharing websites?

Also you must have some seriously messed up standards of success and failure if you think Bandai's attempt to promote Haruhi S2 in North America is wrong.

Anyway I'm really thinking I'm going to have to give the Barack Obama Honorary Getting Ahead Of Oneself Award to this thread because they've barely made it into the early promotion stage for Haruhi S2 let alone actually started releasing this series in R1 and already people are on about issues that are only going to start becoming relevant in about a year's time if that. Seriously slow down kids...yeesh....
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:53 am Reply with quote
It sounds to me like the whole show is getting a new dub, is it?
machetecat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:09 am Reply with quote
*squee* YES! Totally gonna buy this!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:39 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this. I have the first season and although I was never a mega-TMoHS devotee (Kyon's annoying character and various uber-long exposition dialogues kept my enthusiasm from going supernova) there was much that I liked. I didn't actually stand up and salute after the justly famous concert scene, but I should have because that was one of the choicest bits of animation ever made.

I didn't fansub any of Season 2 but I am quite aware of the Endless Eight shenanigans. I would have preferred they didn't do that, but I am also a little curious to see how many of those episodes I can stand before wanting to kick in my TV.

Bring it on.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:00 am Reply with quote
I don't want to sound like "that fan", but if they replace anybody in that dub, I'm 100% sure I'm not going to buy it. I don't know much about Cristina Vee except that she fandubs stuff on Youtube and that she was in ZnT and I've been on the record of saying that is the worst dub of all time and that it should banned; so that's not boding well for her.

As much as I want to see the second season, I'll live without it if they have plans of replacing anyone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:37 am Reply with quote
This great, come on Bandai don't let me down. The dub is going to be great I hope they get all the voice cast to return.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6